October 1, 2014 | 1648 users online

Lips - Kevyn Aucoin - The Liquid Lipstick

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The minority here. For the $$$$$ this was such a disappointment. Bleed and barely held the color long enough.
Colors are nice and so is the texture. But going back to the store. I like longer lasting glosses LIke CK-Lancome-Mac and even "bath and body's" Alice in womderland, plumping gloss.
But KA is non sticky and barely any smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ekelur

Got this at the Victoria's Secret beauty sale, and I am hooked. Dollphine is a caramel color, but not icky beige (like the new Angelina Jolie, not the old one) and Aquarouge is a deep pinky-red. They smell like soft vanilla, go on creamy, don't dry out lips, last through eating and drinking, and leave a great stain when they finally do wear off. The brush can be a bit tricky (mine were even bent brand new), but it's such a beautiful product. I only with Kevyn were alive to make more colors. This product works like it was made by the king of makeup artists.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by JaneD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The texture of this is amazing: smooth, thick, glossy, but with full coverage. Unfortunately I ordered Ondine without trying it (big VS sale) and on me this is a horribly garish fuschia. I look like a whore dancer from Baz Luhrman's "Moulin Rouge." Truly clownlike and awful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The new Liquid Lipstick comes in 5 shades. Aurelia- Light Bubblegum Rose Pink, Ondine-Flesh Rose color, Reyna- soft peach, Aquarouge- Red Rose with a Mauvey undertone, and Dollphine- a flesh neutral shade (think Mac spice or KA's lip liner). They come packaged in lipgloss like tubes with an applicator brush inside. The packaging, as with all KA products, is very elegant, durable, and beautiful. The liquid lipstick is precisely what it's name implies. A creamy slightly glossy lipstick in a liquid form. The color tends towards medium to medium/sheer depending on how you apply. It has a luxurious cushiony feel to it with a lot of added moisture. As far as wear goes, it seems to stay on pretty well for regular wear but will come off when eating. I purchased Reyna which looks gorgeous with Kevyn's Dolline blush or Tansoleil cream blush. In the tube it looks almost like the Dolline blush in color but when applied it's a lovely peach with just enough pigment to keep it from looking flat or "dead". It settles into the lips nicely and just feels nice to have on. I also notice it noticeably plumps my lips. I don't see anywhere on the package where it contains plumpers but I'm guessing the moisture content is what did it. My lips look very pillowy with this on. My husband even commented on the extra volume. The color didn't try to creep on me, it stays put and does not seperate like some liquid lipsticks out there. This truly is a gorgeous product with a lovely array of colors and tons of moisture. I love that this feels like it's smoothing and soothing my chapped lips. I also love the soft vanilla like scent. It's subtle, not sickly sweet. The tubes are huge and should last forever. There is a tiny brush inside the tube that dispenses just the right amount of lipstick but if you look at it you'll see you are using such miniscule amounts to get the color and shine that you'll be using your tube for a good long while. I also like that the tube is clear so I can see how much product is left. Another winner from the KA line. Definitely worth the purchase price and then some. :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No