Essence of Beauty Eye Makeup Remover Gel

3.3

on 1/2/2010 8:02:00 PM

HATE this...it burns the hell out of my eyes and I got the one that says "for sensitive eyes" I do make up and practice may looks on myself so a good eye make up remover is essential. I ran out of my maybelline make up remover and grabbed this one on the go a few days ago. Yes it does take of about 90% of my eye make up but it burns. my eyes get red after use. it may be just my reaction to it but def not a repurchase for me.

on 5/9/2007 12:39:00 AM

i have been using PONDS bare and Repair eye makeup remover for the past 8 months and THAT was the best!!! but sadly, it seems to have been discontinued, so i was on a hunt for a new remover and i stumbled upon this at CVS and decided to try it because i needed an eyemakeup remover.

it is almost like Ponds, it seems like there are 2 liquids inside the bottle, so you shake it before using it. It stings a little so im taking a lippie off for that. but it did take off every single bit of my waterproof mascara and eyeliner.

so for now, since there is no more Ponds, i will be using this little drugstore gem

on 2/21/2007 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

For those who don't know, the Essence of Beauty brand is manufactured for and distributed exclusively by CVS, and it includes makeup brushes and other tools. I first purchased a tube of this from a clearance rack for $1.75, mostly because I was getting tired of the oily residue left behind by baby oil and figured I had nothing to lose with it being so cheap. Little did I know it would become one of the best bargains I've ever made. This is a cooling gel in a perfect consistency with absolutely NO residue, and it gets rid of every last bit of waterproof mascara. The first time I used it I was so impressed that I went out the next day and bought 3 more at regular price (around $3) and have since stocked up on a few more, since this is one of those products I'm never sure if I'll be able to find again. If it's ever discontinued I don't know what I'll do, NOTHING works this well for so little money. Incidentally, there is a cream version as well but I haven't tried that, and I also found E of B eye makeup remover pads, but they were a major disappointment.