November 22, 2014 | 1926 users online

Powder - Joppa Minerals- Full Coverage Foundation- All

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried a lot of mineral foundations and I found my favorite with this one. It seems to be the best for skin, and at least for me it looks the most natural. I get really oily, and with some other stuff the makeup just runs off my face *cough, bare minerals, cough* , but this is all around best. Some other brands I've tried are similar in quality but look kinda cakey on me, this one works and I don't really have any complaints. Well, a few I guess. Since I guess it's probably handmade, sometimes you'll get streaks of unmixed color, like an orange line across your cheek but it rubs out in a snap. And yeah, I agree that the customer service is kindof awful if you have an issue, I had a shipping problem once and they kinda blew me off and I had to hound em, but they make a good makeup that is cheaper than it's competitors, so I'll deal. I understand not everyone has had a cool experience with them, if so, I recommend you try Meow Cosmetics. They make great mineral product too, maybe you'll have better luck with them.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by KawiG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a few samples of the full coverage foundation and found that Light #2 fits me perfectly and so proceeded to purchase the full size product in that colour. It was a completely different colour from the sample (too yellow and dark) and made me look like I had jaundice.
I was so disappointed. What's the point in purchasing the samples if they are a completely different colour from the full size product?
I sent them an email with no reply.
I tried to leave a review on Joppa's website and it hasn't been posted (the only ones posted are all 4 and 5 star reviews).
Moral of the story is don't waste your time purchasing from Joppa if you're trying to find the right shade of foundation and don't expect the owners/managers to be honest or have good customer service.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ALF1969

So sad to have to add this. Joppa sent me the wrong order, easily done and I thought nothing of it. I just expected joppa to put it right. Some poor lady in Japan received mine and I hers. I emailed Amy so many times I lost count. I offered to send it back, begging for her to resend my order but no answer. Eventually I filed a dispute which PayPal of course found in my favour but getting the refund wasn't what I wanted :-( I hoped that Amy would do the right thing but she didn't. Sadly, as much as I love this brand I can't buy from the company any more. I have seen a few similar reviews which I dismissed at the time - but remember them now. So I guess my advice is the chance of the same thing happening to you is slim but if it happens Amy at joppa minerals will not reply, even if you email her pictures of the product you have received and the receipt with someone else's name on it as I did. Even if you are a loyal customer who has spent hundreds of $ over the last 2 years. Sad times :-(
*******************
I have medium olive skin and light #3 and Tweed suit me perfectly. I wasn't sure whether I would be #2.5 or #3 but 3 is better although I can also use 2.5. I used to use everyday minerals (golden medium) until they changed the formula and have been searching for a replacement for years! This is it. Better than Alima (golden 4) , Lily Lolo (butterscotch), mineral basics (RIP) (olive medium), the all natural face (olive darkest), signature minerals (never got a good match), and countless others I have stashed in my cupboard. I have rosacea, histamine intolerance and eczema and I have no problems with this foundation. This covers everything and looks natural. It needs topping up on my oily nose, but that's OK.
I initially bought medium, way too dark. Then medium light - good summer shade, and finally light - perfect. Sample first as the colours run dark - not that it's a problem. Great product. Might be new HG !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

*I'd recommend buying their samples before buying the full sized versions of any foundations, because it's really not obvious what your colour is just from the website*

I have been going through foundation after foundation, all liquid or cream, and I found that it wasn't coming off that well on my skin. I have very dry/sometimes combo skin with acne scarring and uneven skin tone.
I thought for so long that mineral foundation is a no no for dry skin, but I was reading an article by an esthetician (spelling?) about how liquid foundation is actually not ideal for dry skin.

Anyhow, I wanted to try Lucy Minerals but they don't ship outside of the US (Aussie girl here), and on my internet search I found Joppa Minerals.

I bought the full coverage in lightest #2, which has yellow undertones (perfect for me, I've got Mediterranean skin actually) and is actually pale enough for me without looking orange!

I have quite acne prone skin aswell, and since switching to this foundation, I have noticed less breakouts (I think the full coverage version has Kaolin clay in it).
I read some previous reviews that said it gets cakey over blemishes and stuff like that, I find that that is true (to some extent), but that won't happen if you blend properly - you can't take the same approach to mineral foundation as you would liquid, it requires SO MUCH buffing and blending. I recommend using a flat top kabuki, for some reason round top just doesn't work as well.

Point being, this is an amazing line, very affordable and most importantly, is natural, vegan and doesn't contain any nasties like Bismuth Oxide! Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by elianachristina

This is the best mineral foundation I've used. It works great on my oily skin and it looks dew, not cakey at all. It doesn't break me out either.

Too bad their customer service doesn't work. Placed an order and I got an e-mail informing that my order had been shipped 45 days after Ive placed the order! I still haven't received it and nobody answers my e-mails.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by justinew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product. It works well for my combination skin and comes in shades light enough for me to wear. I order all my makeup online and I will definitely not be ordering from Joppa Minerals again and would advise others not to order from their online store. Twice I've had the wrong order sent and once was never sent the correct order dispite numerous emails to the company.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Rkhan715

FINALLY! I found a foundation that:

-provides me full coverage
-matches my very hard to match skintone (light olive)
-good price
-great quality
-has very good staying power
-doesnt oxidize

I LOVE THIS foundation. I searched high and low for something, anything to match my light-olive skin tone. After all this searching, i have come to notice that there are very very few foundations out there and brands that make foundations for olive skin tones. Everything i tried, was either, pink, too light, too yellow or too dark.

I found out of everyday minerals. I loved it because it matched me perfect (shade: light olive), but it hardly stayed and the coverage was light to medium at best. They changed their formula and i hate it. Gave me cystic acne WHILE i was medication for it.

Joppa Minerals is amazing!!! I have several post acne scars/marks on my cheek. I got the sample of the shade Light #3 in full coverage formula and its covers them all up without using concealer! i was ecstatic!

Oh yea, i am very makeup illiterate. I dont know how to blend and do the fancy stuff like contouring. SO i needed something quick and fool-proof. This is it ladies! I use my everyday minerals Flat Top Brush to apply my Joppa Minerals and finish it off with e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder and spray it with e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set. It lasts OVER 8 hours. Wonderful!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by sophiamolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only reason I gave it 3 stars instead of 5 is because I didn't find my perfect match with this foundation. Medium 2.5 is still a teeny tiny bit light for me, not too much though... but to the trained eye- it will be noticed. It's supposed to be for Asian skintones but it still has some pink tones to it. The great part is, it had wonderful staying power and it didn't get chalky on my face. Mineral Foundation suits oily skinned individuals- so ladies, and gentlemen too, when you're on a quest for a mineral makeup make sure that kaolin clayand serecite are the key ingredients in the mineral makeup itself rather to save time from putting on a separate setting powder. Mineral Makeup with built-in kaolin clay and serecite makes a whole lot of difference, and that's what Joppa Minerals has. Also, healthy mineral makeup tends to have less than 10 ingredients. For others out there taking a shot at trying to find their color match with this brand, Good Luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Eckertj0510

I just got trio sample kits in the mail so I could try the different formulations and today I used the morning dew in bronzed sienna and it is a beatiful color matched my skintone exactly which is hard to do. I have combination skin. It is light medium with pink undertones so I have to go wth a neutral or warm to counteract the redness. The coverage is flawless with a dewy finish but not shiny like bare minerals which I recently tried and did not like. Ivebeen sampling different minerals til I found th right 1for me and I believe ive found a winner. This is the best ive ever used. I cant wait to try the simple radience tomorrow. This stuff is def worth the money.
Ok so today I tried my simple radience sample in prarie wheat. It was a little lighy fot my skintone so I mixed it with the morning dew in bronzed sienna and it was perfect. These colors are very versatile as u can probably try 4 different colors that would all match ur skintone. They all give a great even coverage with a beautiful finisj. I

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by bhenchodh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing the soft coverage line. I ordered samples of all medium colors, and nutmeg in radiance in line. I did not like any of them. All the colors are have an ashy tone and a reddish base which is odd. I have absolutely no olive tone in my nc30-35 skin thus I think these guys add olive (green pigment) to all of their medium colorss which does not work for me. Finish was average, and can't say was long lasting as my skin started to itch after an hour. Unfortunately made me break out. You can find other cheaper lines with way better finishes. Would not recommend.