December 19, 2014 | 1556 users online

Foundations - Kevyn Aucoin - Sensual Skin Enhancer SX03

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by MeSofie

A great concealer, full coverage, creamy, blendable and can be mixed with all sorts of liquids: Serums, Moisturizer, Primer, BB-creams, Foundations and concealer.

I use it both to spot-concealing and mixed with something else as a foundation.

This shade SX03 has a green-olive undertone.

The finish is very natural, and works wonders on both my dry cheeks and oily t-zone. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation because of the raves on here, but I'm going to have to return it for several reasons. 1) It clings to my dry areas and emphasizes flakes. 2) It settles in my pores 3) it emphasizes fine lines This foundation reminds me of Bobbi Brown Stick foundation, which acts the same way with my skin. I'm really disappointed this didn't work out for me, as I had such high hopes, but it really looks terrible. I tried using it on straight up with fingers, a beauty blender, and also mixed with a moisturizer. On a positive note, you really do only need a little bit, and it is good for travel. Also SX3 is a decent match for NC15.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Lauren710

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This can be tricky to work with at first, but it's seriously worth the effort. SX03 is an absolutely perfect match for my skintone. I use a teeny tiny bit, blended out really well, as concealer and mix about 2 parts moisturizer:1 part SSE to use it as foundation. I've gotten the best application result by mixing it in very small amounts, then stippling it on and buffing with a brush. When diluted with moisturizer it covers all my surface redness without looking fake or cakey, and I can only put it on where I need it and leave the rest of my face more or less bare. It's kind of miraculous, really. This is not a 5-minute-face product so I don't use it everyday, but the end result is flawless and totally worth the effort on days when I have a little extra time to kill in the morning. Definitely HG material for me. I have combo/oily skin this time of year, so I don't really expect massive staying power from anything, but it lasts all day if I use a primer underneath, top it with a translucent powder, and blot once in the afternoon. It seems a little pricey but you need to use so little of it at a time, the container I have is going to last me at least a year, maybe even 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by KrazyKiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the SX03 shade a couple of months back and this has to be the best concealor out there. I don't know whether it's the honey in it or what, but this stuff stays and stays stays all day long without creasing. I apply a tiny bit with the KA concealor brush in the furrow between my eyes and then paint a short thin stripe under my eyes and around my nose and blend with my finger. The result is all lines and discolorations completely disappear! And it does it without sinking into any lines throughout the day or looking flat. It actually has a reflective quality to it. SX03 is a fair neutral shade for light complexions and it's a perfect match for me. Because it's so thick and opaque, I find it works best on bare, well-moisturized skin. If you use too much or spread over foundation it could look cakey. With other concealors, I would apply after foundation to cover dark circles, but with KA, I apply first and then use KA liquid airbrush in LX 02 on the rest of my face. I've tried CDP and Armani concealors (both which I loved) but neither held up nor covered up quite like this. It is pricey, but a little goes a long, long way. I highly recommend, especially for someone with oily skin who is use to their concealor melting away during the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not my HG.. I don't believe in HGs.. but I do believe in excellence and performance and this product does just that.

I ordered this in the 03 and the 05 shade and mix a droplet of each color with my YSL primer and the effect is superb.

I too have drawerfuls of foundations -- mine, and the ones I use for work. But this one, this little pot of color evens out my slight melasma and gives me a really porcelain finish.

Am ordering a no. 7 now so that when I go on vacation next month, I will be a little darker and this will deepen the color a tad.

This does not make me oily in the T Zone, this does not break me out, and it does not look cakey. I apply with my fingers after warming it up slightly. The 03 works as a great transition color for my under eye area. I mist with MAC Fix and then buff with my 187... I love this product and highly recommend to anyone for a multitude of uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by soojiewoojie

It is creamy and gives great coverage, BUT gets very heavy and oily in the summer. I'll try it again in a few months when it isn't so hot outside.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is it! my HG IN SX03!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Makes myskin flawless looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

******note, i am changing colors to SX02, the number 3 seems a bit too yellow at times.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by sheilaKL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this product and could kick myself for not getting it sooner! This is excellent as a concealor, full coverage foundation and mixed with moisturizer for a tinted moisturizer. It is incredibly pigmented, like a dot the size of a pinhead will be plent y to conceal under both eyes and around your nose. When i apply it as a foundation, I lightly tap my foundation brush on the surface of it then swirl it around in the lid. then i dab it on my whole face and start to spread it, blend more with my fingers and finish by buffing it in with my Pout Airbursh (Mac 187 dupe). I set with powder and it lasts all day long and makes my skin look perfect! I have used it to conceal blemishes and as a "corrector" for my hideous undereye circles wihtout creasing or caking. SX03 is a perfect match with the right amount of yellow to even out the redness in my skin. (I paler than an NC15 in MAC, JI PPB Bisque, LM Porcelain, Tarte SO Facade, SD Quiet & Still, KA SSE SX03, MUFE Face & Body #20 & Duo Mat 200)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I still love my Becca concealer but this is excellent! I was running out of the Becca and I heard raves for this so I decided to try it. After I bought it I noticed the first ingredient was mineral oil which made me pretty anxious - I have very oily skin and wasn't sure if this would stay put or make me look greasier than usual. But it goes on smoothly and lasts all day. I think the best part about this product is how little you need. The pot seems small but it'll last forever since you only need the tiniest dab to cover up any blemishes. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by SandraBonita

My initial observations of Kevin’s SSE- this is a great product. I was drawn to try Kevin’s line after reading an article about Kevin's legacy in a New York magazine and of course after reading his Making Faces and Face Forward books. The guy is a genius so why wouldn’t his line be amazing? I was matched with SX03 by two helpful Neiman Marcus salespersons. They picked the perfect color for my fair to light skin. They did experiment with two other colors, but this one was perfect. I agree with other MUA posters, this product will last forever! You only have to use two dabs of a concealer brush sparingly to achieve the right amount of coverage. I am still in the “experiment phase” with this foundation. The reason I choose this foundation over Kevin’s newer Airbrush foundation is the fact this will give you so much more flexibility in application and coverage. And of course, for $45, this product will go a very LONG way. So far, I have applied ¼ SSE to ¾ moisturizer and it’s working well. If you didn’t mix up enough for your application the first go round, all you need to do is mix up a little more. Sometimes I touch up some spots I need more coverage if I didn't mix up enough with my other two foundations if I am in a hurry and it blends well with Kevin’s. Currently I am using a sponge rather than my foundation brush because I think it goes on better. I tried mixing it with Stila tinted moisturizer, but I think the tinted color actually takes away from Kevin’s highly pigmented color. So I will stick to my regular moisturizer to mix SSE with. On a final note, this product has not caused me to break out or any irritation. Because some of the MUA warnings for acne prone skin, I don't wear it everyday of the week, and alternate it with Fresh foundation. My husband did comment that my face looked like a porcelain doll. Not sure if it was the facial I just got or SSE, but either way, a great compliment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No