January 26, 2015 | 1059 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 9:35:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really have mixed feelings about this product. First of all the lightest shade "opal" is too dark for my uber pale skin. I really have to blend it in, it has a very warm tint to it. On the other hand, the pigmentation is fantastic, the foundation itself is very fluid, goes on beautifully and does not look cakey, so I give it too marks for that. The packaging is terrible! I have to store it upside down because as soon as you open it, the foundation comes running out, which wastes a lot of product. It does not aggravate my skin or transfer on to clothing etc. if it came in a lighter shade and a tube with a smaller nozzle it would definitely score higher.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:41:00 PM More reviews by OvenFries

Should have invested in this stuff sooner. When used with a damp makeup sponge it applies very smoothly and offers a lot of coverage. Doesn't feel heavy or cakey. Loving this product

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2015 12:35:00 PM More reviews by blondeattack

I have extremely dry skin in the winter (curses of problem sensitive skin) so this was horrific. It settle into my dry patches, even after I exfoliated and moisturised heavily, it made my skin flake up and got patchy around my nose area! Not good at all! However, this did not react with my skin which is a plus but is too matte and thick for my skin, I prefer a dewier foundation due to my skin problems and this sank into my pores and flaked up my skin. Overall would not recommend to people with dry skin!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 2:17:00 PM More reviews by xrini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found it on a very good price(about 14 euros) so I gave it a try.I put only one layer and it gives me the full coverage I want.So you should not put too much, otherwise it will look caky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

If you're in the market for a full coverage matte foundation, then Vichy Dermablend is possibly the best one I've been able to find.
The first thing I will say about this foundation is that if you are dry or maybe even normal in complexion then you will want to moisturise big time before attempting to use this. I suffer with bad dry skin so I have to be pretty careful when it comes to any matte products.
The coverage however, is fabulous. It leaves a flawless base, seeing as Dermablend also can be used for tattoo coverage you would expect it to be. I wear mine generally if I'm doing a long day at work or for a night out, because this stuff literally goes on and does not budge! I had no reapplications, and this surprised me because foundation tends to slip off slightly from my nose area during the day but this one didn't move.
For me, the only reason I don't give this full marks is simply that the colour selection isn't too great. I have mine in the shade 15 Opal and its still ever so slightly too dark. The way I combat this is to take the tiniest dot of the foundation and mix it with a small pump of moisturiser and it blends out into the perfect shade. Not only that, I'm not a massive fan of a full matte face, so the added moisturiser adds a little bit of dew in there!
Even though the foundation also comes in a slightly small tube, you really don't need a lot of product to achieve a great result.
Overall love this, would definitely recommend and buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ive been using this off and on for a couple weeks now.

I can't really speak to the comedogenicity of this product since I've been going back and forth with my other foundations (MUFE HD, Colorstay). But, based on how it feels on my skin and the ingredient list, I don't foresee it aggravating my sensitive acne-prone skin. Alas, I have several issues with this.

Smell: really really bad. Way worse than colorstay, which faintly smells like paint. The smell does go away- but the application process is not pleasant. This isn't a make or break tho- just something to point out.

Packaging: I don't care for it. you really do only need a pea size amount for your whole face but so much more always comes out. And there's always a mess left in the cap - on top of the tube. Woulda been nicer in a pump or squeeze tube like clinique's foundations.

Coverage: Its really hard for me to get good coverage since I'm fairly light with a lot of hyper-pigmentation. So i'd give this about a 7/10 with colorstay being an 8-9/10. You can't build up this foundation without it looking cakey. It also sinks into my pores/fine lines making me look older.

Application: I've tried applying with my fingers, foundation brush and stippling brush. Fingers are definitely the best in my experience. Otherwise it goes on too heavy. Either way, it is definitely obvious that I'm wearing makeup.

Colour: I use opal and it pulls a bit pink/orange for me- i think it would be a perfect match in the summer. (MUFE = 115, CS = Buff)

Staying power: This is where I'm most disappointed. while it goes on matte it doesn't stay that way for long. I have combination skin and usually have an oil t zone after 4-6 hours of wear. With this, its about 1-2 hours. Lots of transfer too. I even went out and bought a setting powder to get this to hold better, which didn't really work. And i don't like having to add/ search for another product just to make this work.

With all that said, I'm going to keep it for those extra dry/cold days that are coming up and see how it goes. But when its time to dress to impress, ill be using something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Em1106

I am 36, prone to adult acne, and i have oily, dehydrated skin. I needed something to cover up blemishes and old acne marks. This is amazing. I have been using it for over a year - no irritation or skin problems. I won't dare try the foundation stick though since that has talc and mineral oil. At first I used it as an all over foundation, but as my skin cleared up (I stopped using bareminerals - i think I was reacting to the titanium dioxide) I use it only as a concealer on blemishes and under my eyes. Sometimes alone and sometimes over Clinique Stay Matte oil Free foundation and mixed in with Clinique airbrush concealer under my eyes.
Love this. I wear nude but will mix with sand at the end of the summer.
update - as i become more ingredient conscious i realised that this is packed with stuff I do not want on my skin. With my skin clearing up I don't really need much concealing anyhow now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

After Vichy discontinued my shade in the last foundation I was using, I got this in Opal. Initially I was not happy with it as it goes on very thick and felt too mask like, especially since I am oily, even at 37. After playing around with application techniques, I finally found what works for me. I use this as concealer and under the eyes, and only use a scant amount, blending with clean fingers, or patting it on a blemish with a clean concealer brush. I then set with powder. The key for me, was to use less than I thought I needed. And only apply it to my T zone and under eyes. Alternately, mixing a small drop into my 1/4 tsp of sunscreen to make a tinted lotion also works, if my face isn't looking terribly blotchy. What I like about this foundation is that it's very buildable when applied sheerly. And can be built up to cover blemishes, melasma etc. I love that it does not break me out at all. I am on my 2nd tube of this, and had to chuck the 1st tube because I'd had it for over a year and wasn't sure that it wasn't going to break me out because it had been open longer than 12 months. For the price of this foundation, I'm more than happy with the results and the amount you get. I've started storing the tube upside down to prevent the cap from getting messy, as I noticed it will do when stored cap down. Probably may be better if it were in a pump container, but unless packaging is awful, I don't really mind as long as the product is good. I don't notice any scent with this either, so that's another bonus for me. I'll keep buying this as long as they don't d/c my shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lippielover

I have not done this in a long, looong time but this product blows my mind for real. THis is the dermablend foundation, around 30 CAD, "NUDE" shade, and it is liquid and mattifying 16 hr wear. FYI, I am late thirties, dry and oily, and stressed and overall "weird" skin type. This product is high coverage but you only need a wee little bit!!
First off, the coverage is phenom. I have alot hyperpigmentation from over sun worshipping and old acne issues. This stuff gets rid WITHOUT the total masque look and it kind of amazes me. Plus, it seems to mattify while hydrating at the same time. Weird!! There isn't a great color selections but you can practically get two for the price of one "high end" foundation at sephora (which I will get to in a second)- and mix to get your absolute perfect shade. I have a leftover tan and find nude a bit too light so next pay I am going to get the darker one and mix. Like I said: a little goes a very very long way. I have used MUF HD, MAC (various powder and other), Dior, Cover girl, L'oreal, PUR minerals, Smashbox cc cream, other BB and CC creams and on and on. This tops it and I am so glad I found it!!!! Oh yeah---it lasts and lasts all day and makes the makeup you put on top of it last. The SC who sold it to me was in love as well. No--I do not work for Vichy --I am a social worker - but when I find something this good---I freak out! I would be amazed if you were not happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Throughout high school I would get a lot of breakouts and I found this foundation perfect for my skin! It covers a lot without looking cakey! Also im very pale and it is difficult to find a thick cover-up without looking orange, but this foundation matched my skin tone perfectly! However, as I my acne began to go away this foundation became too thick for my skin! So I would recommend this foundation to someone who wants a lot of coverage!