Almay Amazing Lasting Eye Pencil

4.1

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, OZOKERITE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYETHYLENE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CANDELILLA CERA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA WAX), TOCOPHEROL, SORBIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT [ /- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510)]

I have this in "Black" and find it to be a great quality automatic liner! I line all the way around my eyes daily, including my waterline, because I like a bold eyeliner look, while keeping the rest of makeup very light. So many pencils, smudge throughout the day, or won't show up on my waterline, but this one works well in both regards. I always seal my pencils with a liquid liner over top (Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner), but still others have smudged, whereas this one does not. The formula is a "drier" formula, but as a result stays put longer. I have sensitive skin and eyes, and this does not cause any irritation. I will def. rebuy!

on 4/12/2015 5:58:00 PM

I bought this at the same time as I bought Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner; UD I bought in a very dark blue color, this Almay in black. I loved the color of the UD liner--still do! so flattering and the dark blue whitens the eyes--but now I think it goes on a bit blotchy, and it does smudge by the end of the day.

And I'm liking this Almay more and more. It does take a few goes to get good coverage, so I get why people here are complaining about that, but it's much better than most drugstore liners in that regard. And once it's on, it's finely drawn and it stays. Also, the UD constantly requires sharpening. Kind of a drag.

If Almay would make this in a very dark blue, I'd buy it. As it is, it's now my go-to black liner.
BTW, other black liners I was using were Rimmell (looks great at first, then smudges), Lancome (makes my vision blur).

on 7/25/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the eyeliner I use every day, and have been for years. It is easily applied, stays on and doesn't smudge away. I wouldn't even try another eyeliner from the drugstore. (The other eyeliners that I use occasionally are mac, and mineral powder.) The 'pencil sharpener' tool on the other end of it doesn't work for me because the product will just break off.. but I don't ever need to sharpen it.

on 7/23/2014 1:07:00 AM

I saw this at CVS for years but never bought it because I just assumed it wouldn't be good. I've used other waxy-type pencils in the past and wasn't impressed. However, I ended up purchasing this based on the reviews on this site. I SURE AM GLAD I DID !!! This stuff lasts forever and it doesn't leave dark circles under my eyes. Also, it is easy to apply it even over powder eye shadows without it doing a disappearing act. With my old eye pencil, as soon as powder got on it, it wouldn't work, but this pencil cuts through the powder eye shadows and keeps on working without me having to wipe it off. I will buy this again and again. The price is very reasonable, and often it is on sale, plus there are frequently discount coupons in the Sunday paper.

My only quibble, and to me it's a big one, is the packaging. What's wrong? Well, where do I put the cap when I'm using it? Every other pencil I've ever used has a cap that fits on the opposite end of the pencil when it's being used. That way, you never have to worry about losing the cap. But not this one. You have to just hold the cap in your free hand or put it on the counter and hope it doesn't roll away and get lost.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my go-to liner. My skin is EXTREMELY oily yet this liner stays put pretty well. The product does dry out and can be a little hard to glide on but the payoff is still worth it.

on 10/20/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
-very little smudging and none at all if you apply powder or primer before applying the eyeliner
-longest lasting crayon type eyeliner I've ever used
-very pigmented

Cons
-a bit dry in texture
-doesn't go on as easily as some other crayon eyeliners I've used. Dry so it tugs slightly on your lashline
-very minimal ability to smudge as the eyeliner goes on practically dry from the moment it touches your eyelid

General Comments
-the tip is a little thin so if you wan a really precise, thin line this is the pencil for you

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am in love with this eyeliner! I recommend it to everyone. One tip I would give is after applying this to your waterline go over the top of it with a matte black eyeshadow, truly makes it last all day without smudging :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I like that it is a retractable pencil, I have been searching for one for so long. For a pencil liner, it is really good, but ofcourse pencil liners normally dont have good staying power, so this doesnt last as long as it claims unless I use UDPP, then it doesnt budge. It is smooth, but not too creamy, which can be good or bad. Pigmentation isnt too bad either. So far it is the best pencil liner I have tried, but I only use pencil for my lower lashline/waterline because I prever liquid for the upper lashline. I would probably recommend it.

on 5/29/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used this eyeliner for years! Replaced using it for Gerda Spillman black eyeliner because I can get them cheaper and the performance is very similar. Regardless I highly recommend this eyeliner. I used it to rim my upperlashes as a base for my liquid eyeliner. This eyeliner combined with Maybelline waterproof liquid eyeliner is a winning combo! It smears a little, but in a minimal way compared to other eyeliners I have used in the past. An overall good black eyeliner! :)

on 3/15/2013 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Excellent option if you need a long lasting eyeliner or if you have sensitive eyes. I have oily lids, prone to watering/itching eyes, and I live in a humid climate, and this stays on my bottom lid for hours and doesn't budge or smudge. This liner is the bees-knees!!!