NYX Single Eye Shadow - Africa

4.8

on 6/1/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really great orange eyeshadow. I find I can appaly it lightly enough for a warm glow to me eyes without overpowering them. I have pale skin so this colour shouldn't normally look good on me but iti works well for all skin types.

on 4/10/2011 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This Color looks really pretty if used with a gold eyeshadow.

I usually use this color as a liner when I do a smokey bronze/gold look. Loooovveee it!

Red shows up as a red with an orange undertone on my lids.

Def will repurchase! :)

EDIT: i rarely use this as an eyeshadow lately, ive been using this as a blush. With a light hand, it gives my face such a gorgeous flush.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT: 5/24/2010

The warmer months are upon us & I no longer use nor like this e/s.....the Matte is a very unflattering look on my eye....looks blotchy.....like ater color paint.....ewww....gorgeous color....just no longer like Matte:(

NYX this a hit....I've never heard of this brand till I came pville happy and sad for that.....Lol this a very nice matte orangey e/s I love mixing it with Copper from NYX and Coppering from MAC.....combo is Gorgggggeous:)

on 12/1/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Gorgeous, red orange eyeshadow which looks gorgeous in the crease of the eye. Highly pigmented and absolutely amazing value for money. Whats even better is that it's a definite dupe for Nars Exhibit A blush so a great multi purpose product! Cant say enough about this eyeshadow!

on 11/11/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

GREAT orange! It really is beautiful. It is a nice red toned orange and has very fine gold shimmers through it. It goes on smooth and has great pigmentation! Not to mention how extremely affordable it is! It pairs very nicely with gold shadows. I like the sleek black packaging on these individual shadows. The amount of product you can expect is 0.11 oz/3.0 g
package ingredients read:
magnesium stearate, Talc, Mica, Boron, Nitride, Polyethlene/Ptfe wax, Octyl Palmitate, Silica, Squalane, Polyisobutylene, Propyl Paraben, Bha, Pigment, Pearl Powder

Africa is DEFF. an orange I want to keep in my collection, so yes, I will repurchase when the day comes that it needs to be replaced.

on 12/20/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

this eyeshadow is gorgeous...i love using it just above my crease during the summertime...love love love...one of my favorite shadows...everyone needs one!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As my other NYX eye shadows this one did not let me down. Great color payoff, great price and I must say my favorite orange.

on 12/6/2007 12:15:00 PM

I LOVE this orange, and so does my boyfriend. Today with some MAC pink pearl pigment I created a great sunset look. It's great dry, but use some mixing medium and you have an AMAZING bright orange that is gorgeous and FLATTERING. Seriously, I don't rave like this about eyeshadow. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an amazingly shimmery orange, with a slight hint of red, and orangey/gold flecks. In the pot, it looks shockingly orange but when applied it tones down and mellows a bit. Gorgeous color highly recommended and a definite repurchase. Smooth in texture, blendable, long lasting, highly pigmented with great color payoff. I donít wear foundation but for reference I wear Clinique Stay Spice pressed powder, a medium brown color.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous, shimmery, red orange - much what I expected from MAC Sunplosion. It also applies and blends so easily.