L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

3.4

I brought a mahogany colour a while ago and dyed my hair and it came out a red and I loved it, but they don't do that colour anymore so I went to Casting creame gloss and brought the sane colour it came a little red what I wasn't explacting but it was okay, but it faded really quick, my hair was dyed for about 3 days, and yes I did it right I got my aunty (she's a qualified hairdresser)but today I brought berry red, because I wanted to go a little more red then mahogany its not even a little red, there's like a few highlights and thats when its in a really good light, not expecting this to last long, I'm pretty pissed off, I don't recommend this dye or brand, if that's all it does for the price! Not buying this for the 4 time! Made that mistake 2 before!

on 5/17/2015 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have had strawberry kiss in my hair for over 8 weeks and I love it! The colour is so intense still! I kinda think it's a little permanent though as it hasn't come out in 28 washes.. Oh well I love the colour so so much! BUY IT YOULL LOVE IT!

on 5/16/2015 8:32:00 PM

I dyed my hair two days ago. I chose the shade Toffee Delice 6354.The packaging was great and the application was easy. However, the results were darker than excepted, On the box, the color was Caramel. My result was Light Golden Brown which is still a pretty color. I would recommend choosing a shade lighter just to be sure. The conditioner was AMAZING. It smelled good and it made my hair super glossy and shiny. Overall, it is a good semi-permanent hair dye. 3,5/5.

on 5/16/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the only hair color that would stick after having years of color buildup stripped out with bleach. It's marketed as a 'semi permanent' color in my country, though it contains low-strength developer and is thus a demi permanent. IT WILL NOT WASH ALL THE WAY OUT. It will change the color of virgin hair because of the peroxide, and some of the color buildup I had to strip was from this line.

I used the shade 6.13 Iced Mocha in the hopes to finally mask the orangy-yellow tones in my hair after the bleach. It went a little too dark at first, but that corrected itself within two washes and it was the color promised. Go for a shade or two lighter if this is a concern for you. It worked famously to leave me with a very natural, neutral cool toned brunette.

on 5/3/2015 8:30:00 PM

Great product! Smells amazing, leaves my hair the perfect blueish-black shade (I used color Blue black) and doesn't stain - nor coutertops, showers or skin!

Will definitely be using again :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great dye, but you do need to be very careful how to use it to obtain a good result

First off, it is not a semi-permanent dye. Lasting 28 shampoos and using a peroxide-containing developer means it is a demi-permanent along with things like L'oreal dia richesse, Garnier herbashine, Ion etc
Because it is a demi-permanent, it may never 100% wash out of some hair types

Secondly, it seems the results also depend on the porosity and prior treatment of the hair

This review is for PLUM and DARKEST BROWN (300)

The status of my hair before colouring was this - 24" long, 0.5" of virgin roots in dark ash brown, 12" of brown-black (1c-2) previously coloured hair, and 12" of darkestbrown (2) hair with some old highlights (4). (I did not properly consider the porosity of the ends, given some parts have been bleached, keratin treatments etc)

I wanted to fix my roots, and colour the lengths of my hair a dark muted purple. Shade 200, ebony black was the perfect colour for my roots but given that apparently this dye tends to come out darker than the box, I went for 300, darkest brown

Given I'd be applying 2 different colours, one of them would need to be on longer. I decided to let the purple be the one to go on first, thinking if left longer it would just stay purple, rather than leaving the dark brown on longer, as there were reports of going black.

The scent of the colour is pleasant, there is a lot of it, and it's not hard to apply. No burning of scalp or eyes, being an ammonia free colour. It does make the hair very tangled though, so it's hard to comb though. I did the lengths of my hair in PLUM first, timing the application over 12" of hair to (in theory) get an ombre effect. Then I put the dark brown on my virgin roots and let it sit an entire 25 mins (instructions said 20)

As I started washing it out, I was amazed at how silky my hair felt - even before conditioner!

The results were
Colour -
300 darkest brown, for 25 mins, on virgin roots, came out slightly darker than the box but only very slightly. Which was great, because that's what I wanted. It definitely isn't black. Next time I will go for the 200 ebony black and leave it for 15-20
however...
PLUM, used on my previously coloured, older ends came out....BLACK. Really black, with a purple undertone visible in the sun. Now they are darker than my roots which is not ideal. So I definitely made the wrong choice in leaving the purple one on longer on my more porous ends!!!
Condition -
WOW. My hair felt amazing after using this...far better than any other dye including ammonia free ones. My ends are usually dry and somewhat strawlike, and frizz after blowdrying. After using the Casting Creme Gloss, they felt soft, silky and didn't frizz at all
My hair was super shiny

So my advice for using this dye is
- Plum is darker than the colour given on the box, and will become super dark if left too long
- hair porosity affects results
- go 1 shade lighter for virgin hair, 2 shades for previously bleached/treated hair, or older hair ends of long hair

I will be using this again to create black-purple ombre extensions

on 1/18/2015 1:01:00 PM

I started dying my hair with casting creme gloss about 1 to 1 and a half year ago, and I was honestly really pleased with the color.

I had really boring kind of dark blonde/ light brown hair, and I was sick of it. So I decided to dye it in the color 600 light brown.. But it wasn't light brown it was DARK BROWN! Not the color on the box at all, but I was happy with it.

I dyed it every 2-3 months for maybe like 8 months, but last summer I stopped (I think it was July) because I wanted to try out the blonde side, but my hairdresser said that my hair would be way to damaged if I didn't let color fade, or "wash it out"

So I waited about a couple of months, and I really wanted to dye it blonde. Until I heard the price.. 3-4.000 DKK (like 600-700 USD)... okay I'm 15, I don't want to spend that much money on hair!

So I decided not to go blonde, but I didn't dye my hair darker instead.

Now about 6 months after I dyed it with casting creme gloss 600, the color is gone.

But because the color is based on red pigments, the reddish glow/sheen is still in my hair when I'm in direct sunlight or in a photo with flash.. IT LOOKS TERRIBLE!!!

I'll insert a picture of my hair when it was freshly colored.

So yeah, the color washes out but you'll have a sheen or a glow in your hair forever (unless you cut it off) from the pigments the color is based on, and it can look quite horrendous

on 11/1/2014 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I tried shade - darkest brown. I wanted dark brown hair but it was black. But I like it and color is very strong .. its almost passed 2 months but my hair color looks very nice ! I would buy again this color !

on 10/25/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I tried Shade 3, Darkest Brown.

Firstly, my hair is now Blue-Black. Not brown. Black.

Second of all, this is a PEROXIDE dye. They claim it will wash out in 28 washes, but now that I found out that it has peroxide, it may not actually wash out. Other users have noted that it does not wash out.

So now, I may have to get my blue-black hair stripped professionally.

I am truely, truely shocked by the inaccurate advertising for this product and absolutely outraged

My hair had gone a gross seafoam-y grey after experimenting with purple dye on my platinum blonde hair. I just wanted to get back to a natural blonde shade. I used Casting Creme Gloss in 8304 Sweet Honey and I got a beautiful rich golden blonde color. It looks pretty much like the box, except not quite as warm - but this was because I had a very ashy base. I adore the color and I'm super happy. I will probably continue using this.

One box is enough for my fairly thick and medium long hair.