October 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Sunscreen - Christian Dior - DiorSnow Pure UV Perfect Brightening Protective Base SPF 50

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does not have a proper UVA protection (titanium dioxide is not enough for this purpose), so why bother?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this 2 weeks ago and I love it. I use it only when I know I'll be going out in the afternoon, otherwise I use a cheaper asian one (Sunkiller Baby Milk). The bottle is really small, 30ml, just like the asian ones. It really does make a beautiful base for makeup, I wish that there was a base without SPF just like this for night time, when I dot concealer and powder, I have an amazing fresh airbrush finish, but its MY skin. Gorgeous!

The texture is smooth, zinc is 19.5% I think. It leaves me feeling dry (I have normal/dry skin) so be sure to moisturize underneath, but don't leave yourself greasy!! Because of my skin, the finish is a natural matte. I find the oil control is excellent, although I don't have any oil problem, this doesn't exacerbate anything. The whiteness I don't notice, as I am quite fair, and this leaves my skintone looking more even. I love it, wish it was cheaper so I could use it everyday!! It also is really good at blocking the rays, no redness or pinkness from being outside!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by historystudent

I am very disappointed and in fact, I'm even considering not using this site anymore. I am CONSTANTLY wasting money on products from the reviews on this site.
This one may have been the final straw.
First, this product is not supposed to leave a white mask on the face (I got it in translucent). I plopped down $50 plus tax and shipping and handling. I waited for it to arrive and I was so excited because so many reviewers here claimed this is the best product and it doesn't leave this terrible white mask.
Well, guess what, it does and it is heavy on the face. The only good thing may be that it leaves a satiny finish. I don't see how this is different from the much cheaper Neutrogena SPF 60+ sensitive skin; that also leaves a white mask but at least it is not this expensive.
Disappointed is not even the word!
Frankly, this is not the first time I've followed the supposed adivice of consumers.
Oh, well adios.
Don't waste your money unless you like looking like a ghost and don't even bother with the reviews. Just pick something and hope for the best.
I may have to return to MAC prime and prep SFF 50; it's not perfect and leaves that white film as well but it's at least $20 cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG - I was looking ard for an effective sunscreen (one that really works, whatever ## of SPF it claims to have!) - and this one works as a really good base as well! i only used it today but already my colleague can see a difference *glow*! IT'S SUPER EXPENSIVE - is my only gripe. Might get my fren to CP for me in Paris, hopefully cheaper there! Oil control lasts from 730am till 530am (After that i saw slight shine but the shine used to be there after lunch!) It's not a perfect product but HG status for me until something better comes along!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by joprash

I wanted a sun screen with maximum protection and something which does not break out my sensitive skin. I got this in translucent. It goes on a bit oily initially and once it soaks in its perfect. This is an awesome product. It does everything it claims it will. I have actually observed this in all Dior products, they are really good. Just after 15 days of use, it evened out my skin tone, my skin feels supple and no dry patches. I love this product. It has both UVA and UVB protection. However It is on the expensive side, $50 for 30 ml. and one tube lasts me about a month and half on regular use. I also use Shiseido spf 55 sometimes, I like it also as it is more lighter, but this brightens my skin like no other product out there... I am in love.. except for the price! I will keep rebuying this again and again..

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by iceeblaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had high expectations for this product, but did not exactly impress me. I bought it in pearly white, which I advise against now because the hint of color is actually quite noticeable, more than a hint I'd say, especially if your skin tone is darker. So only buy the pearly white if your skin tone is quite fair, and you want a whitened look. Overall, I wouldn't call this product BAD, but wouldn't buy it again.

Pros:
- brightening effect (tho only temporary :\)
- good makeup base
- not sticky/oily whatsoever

Cons:
- after the initial brightening effect, it develops a gray-ish tone on me (after about 3 hours) BUT I've heard this looks great on other people all day
- bit dry
- looks unnaturally white after a while

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by theorginal

As much as i love this product, its so expensive!!! luckily i stole this from my mom otherwise a poor student like me would never have the opportunity to afford this kind of stuff. Well this product works great and gives you a dewy finish. What i like about this product is that it has a high spf and we all know that us lady need spf because we will age faster if we have too much contact with the sun without any spf protection. even though this product is great with little shimmers, i don't know if this is the product that is contributing to my acne because i've been getting weird bumps around my cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lizvan1985

i was considering between clarins n laneige sunblock when i came across this product. when i check out e review in MUA, i was surprised tat it was a favorite. since laneige's one is still new on e market, n everyone seems too prefer this over clarins's, so i decided to give it a try. i follow e instruction on e box. put on 3 fingers then pat on e face. at first i thought it was funny, i never used any product like tat. i was wondering if it is enough. after 1 month, i notice i dun get sunburn anymore. n i think it helped in whitening my face, but not too sure coz i also using HABA white lady. it is also a good makeup base. usually after putting it on, i wait 10 mins then put on foundation. i will definitely repurchase =)
update: i've been having lotsa clogged pores that leads to pimples.. stopped using this sunblock and the clogged pores doesnt increase.. guess i have to start searching for a new sunblock.. too bad since i really like to use this as a makeup base and i still have 1 new tube at home :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by czelikow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried this product under a few different names, always in pearl white. The sparkle/lightening is noticeable and may confuse onlookers. While the clear-skinned can probably skip their foundation, I definitely recommend a decent finishing powder.
Pros: Sun protection. Sheer, natural, brightening coverage. Beautiful feel for a sunscreen. Faultless primer. Good packaging
Cons: Makes my skin rather pink, shiny and sensitive in dry weather. Bluish residue if incorrectly applied. Expensive.

Bottom line: This is the rare sunscreen that feels great and multitasks.
Side benefit: A discreet means for fans to channel the sparkling-in-the-sunshine Twilight look.
Dangers: Looking extra pink while drinking or exerting oneself.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by querand

I've been a great fan of sunscreen since i was eighteen, and it's taken me some time to figure out what was best for my skin. Recently I've grown to rely mostly on my Shiseido as staples (though they don't look the best, I find), but my one and true HG is this DiorSnow SPF 50 sunscreen. The name on my tube is slightly different from what I see on here, but from the reviews it seems we're talking about the same thing. Anyhow i believe it is the only makeup base with SPF50 that Dior has on its counters right now.

I would never have ventured into Dior on my own, but I bought this after a strong recommendation from a makeup artist who has worked for CD, M.A.C and T. Le Clerc. She testified that even after one day in strong tropical sun, her skin hardly darkened with just a light application of this sunscreen. I haven't personally tested this in strong outdoor light for extended periods of time, but since using this half a year ago, i have gotten comments that my skin is significantly fairer. I believe it is a combination of the sunscreen working more effectively than the previous ones i used (clinique spf 25, shu uemura UV underbase spf 17) and also its awesome ability to hold a casual dusting of loose powder and light pink blush so perfectly that my skin remains clean, fresh and radiant from 7 in the morning to 9 at night. Yes, i have gotten compliments from my dance teacher at night on how fresh my makeup makes me look after a whole tiring day of work, even if it really just took 2 minutes max to put on. Looks great in pics too! Pick this sunscreen for the ultimate radiant dewy look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No