October 22, 2014 | 965 users online

Self Tanners - Vaseline - Healthy Body Glow Daily Moisturizer in Fair

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by hop1pop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THE SMELL!! XD reminds me of shampoo! ^.^ mmm... so nice!

since i have read many comments about users experiencing a yellowish orange colourations from usage, and reading about the successful combination with other moisturisors, I have decided to use this product in combination with Hemp Body Butter from the body shop... So far I got this strange tingling sensation in my legs... but wait, just after a minute its gone now... XD I hope this works I will edit my review with the results. cheers!
my first application with hemp body butter turned out...well i couldnt notice anything... nothing... MABE a little colour, but nothing major... well now i put it on along side some hawaiian tropic dark tanning oil out in the sun and we will see how that turns out.

I had applied this product in a total of 3 times today, and i am starting to develop this nice golden natural looking tan on my legs and under arms where it dosnt tan. ^.^

I am very pleased with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by NuttyPoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't have fair skin.. I'm light-medium but I figured this would give a little boost of colour to my skin during the fall/winter. This does absolutely nothing for me and I don't it's because of my skin tone. My legs are pastier than my arms & I see no difference. I hate the smell of self tanners & I don't know why I bought this. I don't believe in self tanning to begin with! Once I get a tan from natural sunlight, it takes 6 months for it to fully go away. Sun bathing isn't healthy or safe and all but I rarely need to tan anyway. This is not completely moisturizing either. I do not have dry skin but without a daily moisturizer, I could be scale-y & have a dull complexion. With this moisturizer... I feel like I there's a layer sitting ontop of my skin instead of absorbed.
I should probably let me friend try this... she's as pale as a ghost.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by allieswasteland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am so impressed with this product.
Let me start off by saying that I picked it up at a Dollarama (in Canada) for ONLY $2 + tax and I loved it so much, I went back the other day to get another one!

I have tried a few gradual/self tanners in the past, including St. Ives and Banana Boat. They either burned, were a bad colour (orange, too brown, too dark), make my skin itchy/peely/flaky/dry or were just uncomfortable.

With this particular one, I mix it with a regular moisturizing lotion to apply after the shower (because it isn't very moisturizing and I need that for my legs because I shave them) and just apply it regularly any other time I feel the need to.

It soaks in nicely, dries pretty quick, isn't too sticky (unless you don't rub it in well) and turns out wonderfully!

I can definitely tell that the colour is building in my skin and it looks wonderful. I'm very pleased with this product. I would recommend it to everyone I know.

One last thing ... I'm very pale and pasty. I have it for fair skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by mooooooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Many people waste their effort trying to find self tanners with more natural looking color. All contain the same tanning agents (dihydroxyacetone, erythrulose) and will yield similar results. It is the amount of the tanning agent which can turn people orange.
I am very pale and usually go for a light tan because otherwise it's painfully obvious. After one use of this, i didn't notice a difference at all. After two, no tan color, but I look less pasty. Three nights in a row of using this product is the right amount. I have a hint of a tan but it doesn't look fake. After four nights I looked orange.

The best part about this product is it is very similar to a regular lotion. I can put it on in the morning and dress 5-10 minutes after putting it on. The self tanner smell is there but not noticeable at all, and once dry my skin isn't sticky.

If you like to use self tanners (the non-gradual kind), then I would recommend this to maintain a tan in between applications of the full strength tanner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by lcgray06

I was very nervous to try any self tanning products out there. I had seen the ads for the Jergens version of this product but my sister who is as pasty white as I am said she got more streaking and orange look that wasn't a believable tan at all.

I found this at Big Lots on sale for $4 and figured even it I hated it at least I only spent $4. Well I am very pleased....last night was my 4th application. I have used it daily and been very careful to rub in thoroghly and to make sure and wash my hands afterwards.

I am most pleased with how gradual the color builds. Some people want that instant tannned look and I think that is when you look so orange. For someone as fair as I am it would totally be obvious if I showed up one day with a tan. I am going to see how it looks after the recommended one week to build the desired color. If i feel like i need a darker tone i might buy the one for Medium skin tones for an extra touch.

Oh and I can't forget that it isn't just a tanner, it is a great moisturizer too. My legs are especially dry and scaly normally and i haven't had to use any additional lotions while using this product. It goes on very smoothly and is easy to apply.

Oh and as for the smell, it pretty much smells like all the other ones out there. I think that is something you have to just deal with when you are using these type of products. It isn't over powering, but I don't put it on in the morning. I would rather do it at night so I can shower in the morning before work. That also helps to disquise that you are using a self tanner. The smell can be a dead give away even if you aren't turning orange.

I'll let you know about the full affects after one week!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Ribbly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time with tanners because my hair is red and the last thing I need in my life is orange skin. This does not turn me orange, but it doesn't always spread evenly over all areas. I don't mind the smell, which other people have commented on, but I would advise that ppl using this product are very careful when applying it. This should work for most fair people and it hasn't made my super-acne prone skin break out at all. I recommend, but with caution.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by cheekyguy

I have purchased this before and will again and again. It is a true bargain. After trying the Jergens version, which was the first of its kind, I hated the sparkles and the smell. I feel like it had slightly too much of the self tanning agent in it. This has less, smells better, is cheaper and seems to be more moisturizing. What's not to like? I'll continue to purchase this as long as Vaseline brand makes this. They seem to make high quality, yet affordable products for body use. I'd even try a face version if they made it. I really dislike the Jergens face version due to the smell and consistency.

All in all, for my fair skin with a boost of color, this is the best value.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by newyorkglitter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this self tanner. I am very fair and this is nice, it isn't to dark to fast like some I have used. So that makes it more believable I think. I don't think it smells either. I don't know how people are getting an orange color after the first time using it? It is very light and even after using it 3 times I am not orangey at all, I will continue to use it and might even try the darker one after I have a little more color. I have to say that out of all the self tanners I have used this one is my favorite, I normally hate to put self tanner on but since I have had such great results I will continue to do so. I always put lotion on before I put this on so my skin is nice and moisturized and I am not streaky at all, even color all over. That might help with some people getting orangey or streaky results. I def recommend this to anyone who has fair skin and wants to look naturally tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by shoefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am horrible and lazy when it comes to applying self tanners. I have almost corpse colored legs and this gives me a natural colored tan. It doesn't streak for some reason even though I'm not so careful applying (it's basically lotion for dry skin with self tanner) and it's cheap (about $4 at Wal-Mart). Everything else I've tried streaks or looks fake. It's buildable color, so it takes awhile to show up. My sister used it too and it looked great on her "corpse skin" too, LOL. I can even use it on my combo/sensitive skin face without breaking out

I took off one lippie because it's kind of smelly. It smells just like all the other self tanners. If you can't get to the spray tan place or are short on money, this is your best bet. I really wanted to like the smell of that new Nivea stuff, but even that smells gross.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by zookc86

EW! The color was good but the smell was awful. Worst smelling seld tanner i have ever used, will not buy ever again!