July 25, 2014 | 1025 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - French Lime Blossom

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sherrys87

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MMMM...this is the MOST refreshing and DIFFERENT smelling scent that I have worn in a long time. It lasts longer than most Jo Malone fragrances, but you have to sample it on your own skin......it is luscious.....not too sweet!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ghoulnextdoor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I reviewed this a few years ago under a different moniker (I used to be 'mangolassie', see below) , and though imagery invoked remains the same, it's not so fresh and clean as I remember. More like an expensive dusting powder or a fine french milled soap. It's a crisp, and yet somehow soft as well. Delicate elegance in a stiff corset.

"After sampling this scent and finding it falling short of my rather elevated expectations, I was surprised to find myself craving it last snowy afternoon.
Now I absolutely adore the stuff- it is fresh, clean, simple, just this side of sweet, and reminds me of cool breezy spring days when I was a child. As an adult I can picture myself wearing this scent and relaxing on a chaise lounge on the veranda while the dew is still on the grass and the chill of morning has not quite lifted.
I do not know how a lime blossom is supposed to smell, but this is a comforting scent that is both relaxing and refreshing at once, and is absolutely lovely."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

French Lime Blossom is truly unique. The opening is a bright, fresh floral and the dry down, is a calm, smooth almost powdery beeswax. It's such an unexpected beauty of a fragrance. It reminds me of very high-end French soap. I love how the crisp sharpness of the green note in this scent is well balanced with the warmness of the beeswax. It can easily be worn alone, but it blends beautifully with Jo Malone Orange Blossom and I'm looking forward to layering it with other Jo Malone fragrances. I can also see this blending well with my summer favorite- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. Longevity is good, I've had it on for about 5 hours and it's still detectable. I can see French Lime Blossom being a part of my fragrance wardrobe for years to come and I'm probably going to purchase it in the body cream or bath oil version soon. I highly recommend this fragrance for those who like fresh florals and want to smell unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nora6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As you can tell from the very high scores I've given, I absolutely adore this scent. I honestly don't think the descriptions have done it justice in the ratings or evaluations I've read here or elsewhere, in large part because everyone seems to be confused by the term "French Lime Blossom".
While this scent is a floral it has NO connection to limes. The term 'French Lime' applies to the Linden tree, and this perfume does smell primarily of Linden blossoms, at least to me.
Here is an exact copy of the description from the Jo Malone site: "Early summer in Paris. Heady, powdery linden flowers are enlivened with a splash of bergamot and a touch of herbaceous tarragon. A scent inspired by blossom at its most beguiling."
The bergamot comes through clearly (this would be the smell that reminds most people of early grey) and the light bright herb tarragon follows through at the end.

I've spent years working with natural essential oils and have grown and cooked with fresh herbs for just about 30 years, and lived several years with a linden that briefly flowers in the spring, these are all familiar smells to me and this scent by Jo Malone catches them and blends them perfectly in my opinion, with the added benefit of a fade out of the above 3 scents to a smooth beeswax sort of smell on my skin with the original freshness maintaining itself over several hours or even a full day on my clothing or even my hair. The flower & powder smell so many describe with various degrees of like to dislike is the actual smell of Linden tree blossoms. When asked to describe that smell in the past the best I've ever come up with is part lily of the valley and part soft powder. S it all truly does fit.
Like it or not, choose it or no, I've tried to give the clearest description of this scent that I can in the hopes that when judged for what it actually is & was intended to be the ratings can reflect what I find to be my favorite fragrance.

A final note for what it's worth:
Jo Malone fragrances are deliberately made 'simple', that is to say they are designed for each individual to wear singularly or layer as they so choose. hence the somewhat 'clear' formulations of the scents. A quick trip to their web site or any of their fragrance counters in department stores or boutiques and you will be invited to experience and layer scents for yourself. Me, I'm something of a one scent woman for now, but I'd be lying if I didn't say how fun it is to walk up to a counter tell them what I'm currently wearing and be given a few different testers to take home to try out for something new or to blend with my favorite now and then - I'll admit it I'm a free tester junky when it comes to nice perfumes - always have been.
N

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by iconoclast

For years I've been searching for something to replace L'occitane's Linden after they discontinued it and FLB is it. I still have a small amount of Linden left and the smell is identical. It starts out smelling sort of strong, but dries down to a nice fresh scent. Green if that makes any sense. I haven't noticed it wearing off fast. Especially compared to Wild Bluebell. That one's gone after a couple hours. I can still smell FLB on my wrist at the end of the day.

IMO, It's not pricey compared to other department store perfumes. The packaging is nice. I'm a sucker for cute little boxes. I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this scent! I am not good at describing notes but I can describe a feeling, and this fragrance gives me an instant "happy, calm, refreshed" feeling. I spray it on my wrist and every time I lift my hand I get such a lovely whiff of this gem. I find it very long lasting thankfully because it's one of those scents that you crave to keep smelling. It is a sleeper, you think it's gone but it's NOT, you can keep smelling it for hours. I cannot imagine this being offensive in anyway, Expensive but can you really put a price on happiness(yea I said it! haha)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

FLB has that "Jo malone" fleeting top note that is just lovely - and smells great in the bottle or on my skin. The fragrance does change on me into a floral and is very wearable. I like it but can't give it 5 lippies because, for the price, it fades just so darn quickly. Great to get as a gift though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by angbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really, really love this fragrance. I didn't give it a 5 just because it doesn't last as long as it should for being as expensive as it is. Chanel is a classic example of a fragrance that is expensive but wears well and morphs with you throughout the day, especially Chanel Allure.

But moving on to the French Lime Blossom. It is such a light, floral and lovely scent. A very romantic,fresh and uncommon scent. I love wearing it on a warm, spring or summer day with a flirty skirt.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Where is the lime? Couldn't smell it at all, all I could smell was cheap air freshener. It's potent and long lasting though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by mandathepanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very beautiful fragrance...it does not smell overpowering, but the longevity is amazing! It smells very fresh and clean...I could imagine many age groups wearing this one. It is appropriate for both young and old...youthful yet timeless. It is a very linear fragrance, so it won't change on you. Jo Malone is pricey, but worth it!