July 30, 2014 | 1061 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Soba

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought it I was expecting to wear it all over the lid for a neutral but nice wash of colour but it was of course a bit more boring than I thought on my nc44 skin tone. So I wound up putting it aside for a long time till I found out that it does some serious magic when it comes to blending.. way way better than my other neutral soft brown shades. I use this to blend out any and all harsh lines. It's great for toning down shadows that you might have accidentally applied too much of or went too far out of bounds with. This is seriously now one of my most useful shadows for that purpose and I use it almost every day that I wear eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by uxi

A gorgeous medium golden brown with extremely subtle shimmer particles. Great for contouring the eyes or serving as a quick wash of colour across the lid.
Is quite a unique colour so I will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by kurogoma07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shadow! It's something I wouldn't have bought on my own. Just looking at it in the container, it doesn't seem that special. However, I went to the MAC counter to get my makeup done for a wedding and this was one of the items that the makeup artist used on me. I purchased it that day and have been using it pretty regularly ever since!

I first use Blushbaby, Mac blush as a base over the primer, as the makeup artist showed me how to do. I then use a lighter pink shade on the majority of my lid and use Soba around the crease and outer edge of my eye. With primer, it stays all day! It is a great neutral color, and I do this look whenever I'm wearing a very bright lipstick. It makes my brown eyes pop without being too over the top. I love it! I'll definitely repurchase this when I run out. It is my go to shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

Soba is a gem! I'm on my 5th of Soba. I use it as a contour, not for eyes but for my face. Since I'm tan it's perfect for contouring and giving depth. There is no wierdness to Soba...it's not shimmery nor matte, not red or 'grey' the way some browns can lean. The day I found that several MAC eyeshadows can double as 'face' highlighters/enhancers is the day my routine became simple. I LOVE SOBA! what can I say..it's my little gem along with NARS Nico.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I stumbled upon this gem when I asked the sales peron at the counter how I could fill in my medium brown brows, now that I have gone blonde. She pulled out cork (duh! Saw that coming) and this gorgeous shade here, Soba. I saw the sparkles nd was like ehhhh not on my brows, but once I swatched it on my hand, it was love at first swipe. I have warm skin with neutral undertones. At the moment I am wearing N3 in face and body. This color is amazing. I am sneaking it ino every make up look I have rocked. Love, love, love! It is the perfect transition color, or even crease alone if my lid is neutral and light. Can't say enough great things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Soba had replaced mac patina as my favorite shadow of all time. I'm not exaggerating when I say it makes my browm eyes look like they're glowing with caramel streaks. Everytime I wear this I can't stop looking in the mirror. I wear this with mac painterly as a base, soba all over lid, nars fez In the crease and UD smog as a liner. Try this combo your eyes will glow! Soba is also beautiful on its own. I can only say that about a few shadows. Will absolutely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am really loving this eyeshadow at the moment, I am using it every day. On my NC30 skin type, Hazel eyes it is a light warm brown shade. It looks very natural and pretty! The texture is smooth and easy to blend. I am very pleased to have found this colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I bought this eye shadow in the refill format for my MAC palette. I am not sure what I was thinking when I bought it as it is dull to look at in the pan.
However, this is a super versatile color to use.
This has replaced my soft brown as a transition or crease color.
While I would still use soft brown when I want a warm light brown shade, this one works awesome for eye looks with a neutral base.
I have been using this as a crease color with rice paper on my lid as an every day neutral like almost every daay.
This also works great to fill in my eyebrows.
While this color is classified as a satin finish, it does not have any shimmer on my brows.
I have been rocking light blond hair so this works well to lighten up my medium brown brows to match my hair better.
I have also tried this as a contour shade for small areas ie my nose and that works great as well.
So yes I definitely would recommend and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I love Soba and personally think it is quite versatile for day + night looks, but admit it is not for everyone. You should definitely try at the counter prior to buying. Soba is for those looking for a shimmery brown shadow with no red undertones at all.

I use Soba with Phloof + Shadowy Lady + a tiny bit of black or dark grey shadow for an easy and less dramatic smokey eye look. However, Soba just with a light brown shadow would match well for a natural daytime look.

This shadow is quite pigmented and easy to apply. I have only slightly hit pan after 1.5 years of regular use and plan to purchase another one when it completely runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Soba. However I find myself reaching for Wedge instead of Soba, I feel they are very similar in colouring and in my opinion Wedge blends a lot easier than Soba. It's the perfect transition colour for medium coloured skinned people (I'm NC30.) if I didn't have Wedge then maybe I'd be happier with this but in comparison the two colours are just too similar. X