August 27, 2014 | 915 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Sandy Gold

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by skygirl777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I so wanted to like this! But was very disappointed. I found this very drying and hard to apply. I'll stick with MAC Paint Pots....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I'm a big fan of Bobbi's cream e/s in general, this is an absolutely horrid color on me (I'm NC40). It's just way too yellow - even with a sheer application by fingertip. I give it an overall 3 rating since the quality of this product is quite good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow, it's a beautiful color, blends perfect, it's wry natural, but also you can use it as a base for smokey eyes and gives this shimmer behind, I used as a base and then apply expresso eyeshadow, and its a beautiful combination, for the day I wear it with a light brown only in the crease and looks amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I LOVE this formula, it is my favorite for cream shadows and shadow bases. This shade is a beautiful gold with a tinge of cool tone pink and imparts a subtle sheen. It is gentle shimmery lemon shade that is complex and sophisticated. It's very light, and goes on smooth every time. Great for night time or day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite of all the BB cream shadows!!! It is a subtle peachy/gold that brightens up the eye and covers discoloration. On the lid it reminds me of a satin finish, not metallic and not flat either. Not a "no makeup" look cuz what's the point of that?? Just a nice glow. It makes a great base with no primer required, and likewise it's beautiful on it's own with some nice smokey liner. I will definitely repurchase this one when I finally run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

For reference my skin tone is medium beige, but my eyelids are completely white. I use this color almost daily (or BB's shimmerwash eyeshadow in Beige). I love this stuff 'cuz its super fast to use, don't need to put any other shadow over it, smooths out my eye lids and is one of the few colors I can put under lower lashes, stays put all day without primer, and totally brightens my face. Its a light, shimmery beige/gold shade that if applied lightly gives a lovely sheen to eyelids. Applied heavily its too metallic looking for me and my crepe lids, but I'm sure would look great on someone else. I also love this product in the Burnished color which I use more for night time, but this is the one I go to the most.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by fallon4yoo

BB makes the best cream eye shadows. I have really oily lids and these are the only cream shadows that don't crease on my lids. Sandy gold is a beautiful color to wear alone or as a base for a nice neutral look. My only gripe is the packaging, it's extremely bulky and I don't like that I can't use my fingers directly into the product because the opening is really small compared to MAC paint pots. Overall I love this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE:: creases too badly to justify the annoyance on packaging. Also not opaque enough to cover circles without primer or concealer underneath. Its going back...
________________________________________________________
I second everything that Shocker99 said - amazing product but the packaging blows. I'm a designer and nothing bothers me more than packaging that is poorly thought out. The opening is too small & there is far too much glass which makes it a PITA to travel with. Urrrrggggg - Bobbi, what were you thinking when you approved this?!

Vent aside for poor form factor, the product is superb. I have seriously dark circles & lids - I pat a teeny amount of MAC prolong wear concealer on my eyelids, then brush this on & I look well rested, polished, professional. I prefer this colour to white as it generally looks unnatural on my fair neutral skin. It lasts all day with minimal creasing - even with a primer this just about never happens to me.

Gem of a product/colour but the poor packaging will prevent me from further investigating this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by shocker99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail primer/eye wash color. It's got a faint satin/irridescent finish. It's PERFECT for everyday wear. For a rush eye mu job with my finger I put this from lash line to brow, brush a little MAC kid or cork in the crease, throw on some mascara and i am done.

Package quality got a 2 becuase of this... The size of the container doesn't fully reflect the amount of product. I travel a lot and have all of my MU in a small tackle box that has a very slim profile. I wish more MU companies would make "travel friendly" containers with slimmer less bulky profiles. There is about 1/2 an inch of wasted glass in this container. They could have made the pots like the napoleon gel liners and it would have been so much better. But this may not be some thing that is a concert to you. The actual product is outstanding.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by aley7507

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't go anywhere without this product. I've used it for 5+ years and it's a classic, whether warn alone or underneath other shades. It's perfect for any skin tone, and stays put. I can't imagine life without it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No