October 1, 2014 | 1346 users online

Self Tanners - Garnier - Ambre Solaire Bronz up Self-Tanning Moisturising Milk

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by etpapillon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my go to tanning product, I will mix it with moisturiser to see if it helps with the streaks. Besides the smell which is pretty much present in all self tanners, I really have no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by mwalter95

I love this stuff, I don't understand why people say it leaves them streaky... It's so creamy that you can rub it on and get it to cover everywhere, if it's too streaky for you maybe you aren't putting enough effort into applying it well enough. Lasts a really long time for me too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have a love-hate relationship with this one. it has a good lasting power (7 days with no problem), but it never dries and feels sticky, even after a fan, an A/C and a blow dryer on cold mode.
also, the color sometimes comes out way too orange. i use it for my hands (not arms) only, just a tiny bit because it's creamy and doesn't dry out my gentle hands. it's also good for legs after shaving/waxing, never gave me bumps. but... it did break me out on my upper body a few times and i've never ever had that before!
it's also terrible for my face and breaks me out, cause it's too oily. in short, it's good for people with dry skin, normal/combination skin- try banana boat deep dark color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Iloveshoes1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great self tanner, I do not experience any streaks or so. After trying so many self tanners, this is my absolute HG, Love it!

I put it on my body in the morning, then blow dry my skin with my hairdryer (this is actually a really good tip I got from a friend and it works like a charm). At the end of the day I have a nice tan, not too dark but also not too light like some others. I use this once a week and I look more 'healthy'.

Edit; I gave it 5 lippies but somehow it shows 4.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by pmg

A bit strong, does not look too natural, and leaves streaks/marks. Not recommended. I prefer Caribbean Solutions Beach Colours Self Tanner, this one gives a really natural tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a newbie in the fake bake world, I bought this self-tanner reluctantly and with a great deal of fear that the experience would turn out to be a disaster. But after two summers with no beach at all, I was so deadly pale and missed the healthy skin color so much that started making a little research on the available options in my local drugstore and eventually decided to give Garnier's lotion a try.
The first good thing I noticed about it is that unlike so many other products of this kind, it doesn't stink. In fact, it actually smells pretty yummy, like apricots. Also, it is not sticky nor greasy, and absorbs really quickly.
I agree with other reviewers when they that mention how sometimes it is hard to control which body areas are blank during the application, which results on sporadic spots and streaks, but overall the effect is really natural and beautiful. Takes a few hours to develop, but when it finally sets on the skin looks nice and golden, like a real beach tan (not that hideous brown-orange that is too obviously fake).
The packaging is very handy and perfect for beginners, compact yet containing a generous portion. And last but not least, the price is really convenient (about 12 euros in my local drugstore). I'm happy with this purchase, definitely would buy it again and recommend it to anyone who is taking the first steps in the self-tanning universe.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been my favoutire drugstore self tanner for years. One coat gives a natural, golden colour. I once tested swatches against other tan products (letan and model co), and noticed that the Garnier looked the most natural. I find that it takes 5-6 hours to fully develop and I start to see some colour after 4. It is also very buildable, so the I apply another coat the next evening if I want to be darker. I wouldn't say that this makes you incredibly bronze, it is more of a natural golden colour, but like I said, it is buildable. I don't find the smell over powering nor do I find the lotion sticky, and I like the fact that it is slightly moisturizing. Unfortunately it doesn't have a colour guard, but just make sure that you rub some body lotion on your wrists and feet to prevent any blotching/streaking in those areas. I like the packaging - it isn't in a tube and the bottle is fairly compact while still containing a generous amount. The lid is attached to the bottle, which is great for me considering I always lose the lids of things! I will continue to buy this product and for the price (I normally buy it on sale for $9 aud) you can't go wrong. I have uploaded a picture of it too. Hope this review helps, beautyqueens! x

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Lise1995

It gave me a tan with streaks and spots allover. After you've put it on, wait an half hour before you put your clothes on. Otherwise you will get even more streaks etc.
Don't use it after you've shaved, it will gave you itchy bumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by love1always

This is a great tanning moisturizer. It gives a great colour and ive never gone streaky from it. What i love most is that the tan develops in abut an hour so i can wash it off fairly quickly and dont have to smell like fake tan for the whole night. The smell definitely isnt as strong as most other fake tans ive tried but its still there. Ive even been using this on my face and had no issues. It fades really nicely too. The only problem is i'd like for the formula to be darker? Im fairly pale and use the "intense" and although the tan is very natural, its not as strong as i'd like it to be (only cos im lazy and want to apply it less often). Overall its one of the best tanners ive ever tried and i'll definitely keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Channingx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is totally my HG self tanner! I've been looking for the perfect self tanner that will give me a bronze glow now that summer is around the bend, and after trying a couple of lack lustre orange self tanners (L'Oreal Sublime I'm talking to you!) I eventually came across this beauty.

I exfoliated and then put this on as the bottle instructed by wide circular motions. Although the formula is flesh toned I can still see where I've put it by the sheen it leaves, so that helps to avoid over or under application. I applied using mitts so I can't comment if it makes a mess on hands.

I woke up the next morning with an absolutely gorgeous and completely non-streaky tan without a hint of orange in sight. It's quite light so I'd recommend applying it again if you want a deeper tan. As I'm a very pale ivory I apply this once a week and upkeep it with Olay gradual self tanner.

It did settle a little deeper on my knees than on legs, but it doesn't look too bad and it exfoliates off easily. Plus, it's worth noting that this fades beautifully! It lessens into a brown glow, really nice and natural.

I'll definitely repurchase this, it's reasonably priced at 8 or so, easy to apply and I got a couple of people asking if I'd been out in the sun as my legs were looking tan. Love this foolproof tanner! x