Garnier Ambre Solaire Bronz up Self-Tanning Moisturising Milk

4.2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Such a natural colour on me! A lot of tanners I have used have left me looking a tad orange. This one just leaves me looking bronzed and natural! Very easy to apply as it's a smooth, slightly thin formula. Sinks into skin fast, I usually apply after a shower, and stand in front of a fan/air con for 5 minutes to speed up the process. No brown marks on my sheets, and I wake up with a gorgeous tan! It does have a scent, it isn't the best smell in the world IMO but it isn't bad. Dusty apricots maybe? Luckily the scent doesn't linger after a shower the next day. Have had zero streaks, and it works great on the face also! This wears off evenly, and is buildable. I always exfoliate before tanning, and most of the time I moisturise before tanning. Give it a go!

on 10/18/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this as a everyday tanner all year round... It just adds glow and moisture and won't sink into your pores creating that black head look :s a couple of layers will give you a nice colour that's not orange but not the lick of paint brown tanner look... Just a healthy glow :)

on 12/24/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to tanning product, I will mix it with moisturiser to see if it helps with the streaks. Besides the smell which is pretty much present in all self tanners, I really have no problems.

on 12/18/2013 5:49:00 AM

I love this stuff, I don't understand why people say it leaves them streaky... It's so creamy that you can rub it on and get it to cover everywhere, if it's too streaky for you maybe you aren't putting enough effort into applying it well enough. Lasts a really long time for me too.

on 10/11/2013 8:25:00 AM

i have a love-hate relationship with this one. it has a good lasting power (7 days with no problem), but it never dries and feels sticky, even after a fan, an A/C and a blow dryer on cold mode.
also, the color sometimes comes out way too orange. i use it for my hands (not arms) only, just a tiny bit because it's creamy and doesn't dry out my gentle hands. it's also good for legs after shaving/waxing, never gave me bumps. but... it did break me out on my upper body a few times and i've never ever had that before!
it's also terrible for my face and breaks me out, cause it's too oily. in short, it's good for people with dry skin, normal/combination skin- try banana boat deep dark color.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great self tanner, I do not experience any streaks or so. After trying so many self tanners, this is my absolute HG, Love it!

I put it on my body in the morning, then blow dry my skin with my hairdryer (this is actually a really good tip I got from a friend and it works like a charm). At the end of the day I have a nice tan, not too dark but also not too light like some others. I use this once a week and I look more 'healthy'.

Edit; I gave it 5 lippies but somehow it shows 4.

pmg

on 9/3/2012 6:14:00 PM

A bit strong, does not look too natural, and leaves streaks/marks. Not recommended. I prefer Caribbean Solutions Beach Colours Self Tanner, this one gives a really natural tan.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a newbie in the fake bake world, I bought this self-tanner reluctantly and with a great deal of fear that the experience would turn out to be a disaster. But after two summers with no beach at all, I was so deadly pale and missed the healthy skin color so much that started making a little research on the available options in my local drugstore and eventually decided to give Garnier's lotion a try.
The first good thing I noticed about it is that unlike so many other products of this kind, it doesn't stink. In fact, it actually smells pretty yummy, like apricots. Also, it is not sticky nor greasy, and absorbs really quickly.
I agree with other reviewers when they that mention how sometimes it is hard to control which body areas are blank during the application, which results on sporadic spots and streaks, but overall the effect is really natural and beautiful. Takes a few hours to develop, but when it finally sets on the skin looks nice and golden, like a real beach tan (not that hideous brown-orange that is too obviously fake).
The packaging is very handy and perfect for beginners, compact yet containing a generous portion. And last but not least, the price is really convenient (about 12 euros in my local drugstore). I'm happy with this purchase, definitely would buy it again and recommend it to anyone who is taking the first steps in the self-tanning universe.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This has been my favoutire drugstore self tanner for years. One coat gives a natural, golden colour. I once tested swatches against other tan products (letan and model co), and noticed that the Garnier looked the most natural. I find that it takes 5-6 hours to fully develop and I start to see some colour after 4. It is also very buildable, so the I apply another coat the next evening if I want to be darker. I wouldn't say that this makes you incredibly bronze, it is more of a natural golden colour, but like I said, it is buildable. I don't find the smell over powering nor do I find the lotion sticky, and I like the fact that it is slightly moisturizing. Unfortunately it doesn't have a colour guard, but just make sure that you rub some body lotion on your wrists and feet to prevent any blotching/streaking in those areas. I like the packaging - it isn't in a tube and the bottle is fairly compact while still containing a generous amount. The lid is attached to the bottle, which is great for me considering I always lose the lids of things! I will continue to buy this product and for the price (I normally buy it on sale for $9 aud) you can't go wrong. I have uploaded a picture of it too. Hope this review helps, beautyqueens! x

on 11/7/2011 9:31:00 AM

It gave me a tan with streaks and spots allover. After you've put it on, wait an half hour before you put your clothes on. Otherwise you will get even more streaks etc.
Don't use it after you've shaved, it will gave you itchy bumps.