August 1, 2014 | 1889 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - DHC - Silky Cotton

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these cotton pads for one very specific task: removing nail polish. They are completely lint free and very durable, so it takes me usually only ONE cotton pad to remove nail polish from both fingers and toes - even with dark colors. I also use them to remove facial masks. The cotton pads are still very strong when wet, and I can wet them, and wash off clay based masks from the face.
I do not use them for applying facial products since they are too big, and absorb a lot of product. I find it a waste both in terms of cotton and product. For those applications I use the Shiseido cotton squares which I can cut in half. Each DHC cotton pad comes wrapped in a silky tissue which makes it lint free and very durable, cutting it in half defies all logic.
While on the pricy side ($5.50 for 80 pads), with my limited use, one box lasts me a very long time, making this an affordable luxury for me.
Will happily repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These got a good review from Paula and I needed something to add to my order for free shipping so I thought I'd give them a try. I have to buck the trend and say I don't like them all that much. They're a bit stiff and kind of rough compared to real cotton balls or cosmetic pads. It's like the soft cotton is encased in a slightly rough silk envelope. Compared to another high-end expensive cotton pad -- Shiseido's facial cotton - I much prefer Shiseido's if I'm going to spend that kind of money. Sooo soft and luxurious.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with all the others that love this product. I had kept them specifically for nail polish removal (and dampened with remover to wipe my manicure stick on when cleaning polish from around cuticles -- there are NEVER any bits of cotton to transfer to freshly polished nails). Now, however, I keep these under the bathroom sink for toner application and the occasional eye makeup removal. My last order to DHC was just for these.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by HistoryLady71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I buy this with almost every order I place with DHC. Love them because they are lint free and soft. I use them for toners and for nail polish removal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Silky Cotton are tiny, flat, pillow-shaped, "mini-luxury" cotton pads that I use nightly to apply toner to my face. They don't shed or fall apart, which is what happened when I used to use the cotton rounds/pads from the drugstore. Because of this, they're also great to use when removing nail polish. Some people suggest cutting them in half, but I prefer using them whole as I am extravagant like that, ha ha. But seriously, in a small way I feel like I'm treating myself when I use one--it *is* the little things, after all. It's true that they come packaged in a bulky cardboard box, but I just take them out and put them in a decorative candy tin in my bathroom (and recycle the box, of course--smug smug). On a less-helpful-to-you-but-still-makes-me-happy note, I recently discovered that the used Japanese bookstore near my house sells DHC products, so it's just as easy to buy a box (or 4 as I did last time) as it is to buy cotton pads from the drugstore. UPDATE 3/15/13: If you can't get these in-store or don't want to pay for shipping off of dhccare.com, purchase from dermstore.com. If you create an account and then add these to your 'favorites' list, you automatically get 10% off and shipping is always free (in the U.S.--even to Hawaii and Alaska).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I needed something to bump up my order to free shipping level, and based on reading worshipful reviews of this product for a year on MUA, ordering them seemed like a no-brainer. OK, well, these little cotton rectangles may not shed fibers (which is nice) but they're far from "silky." It feels like I took a plain-wrap tissue (not even a nice, soft Kleenex) and folded it up to make an eye makeup remover pad (which I have done in a pinch). Ouch. I feel like I am scratching the heck out of my tender undereye area... I will use this until they're gone cuz I'm cheap, but after that, never again! Back to the 1.99 cotton pads from Target that may shed a hair but at least don't HURT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by dpav

I know this sounds silly for being picky about cotton. However, some of the drugstore cotton that lints easily and absorb all your toner. The saving made from using drugstore cotton may actually become expensive because of the need to repurchase toner more often. Plus, this cotton is very silky and it feels good have this touching your face. To save a bit more on the cotton, you can cut the cotton in half as it really is big enough to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by nineteen66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are awesome. My mom bought like 30 boxes at once and stocks them in our closet rofl. They're so much better than regular cotton balls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only ordered these as a "filler" on my DHC order, to get over the minimum amount for free shipping. I was pleasantly surprised by the great quality. I've used them for my last clean sweep of nail polish remover, since regular cotton balls sometimes leave little whispies behind on the nail/skin area. Good advice to think about cutting them in half to make them last longer. When I used them to do the whole job of removing polish, one pad worked well; I just kept flipping it over and rotating it to keep getting a clean cotton surface when I needed it. I will repurchase when I buy other stuff from DHC.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by saomia

I use this to remove eye makeup and apply toner almost daily. I am comparing this to Shiseido and drugstores, and I preferred this. It feels soft and absorbs toner better, although Shiseido did the same, and there's no fiber left behind.