beautyblender the sponge

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will never apply makeup without this. I've always used my fingers and I've tried to use brushes but I didn't really like it as much.

Over the winter I was struggling with some really stubborn dry skin and my makeup looked awful every day no matter what. A rep at Sephora recommended this and I winced at the price, she used it to apply some foundation to my face and it looked AMAZING. I didn't think such a soft, airbrushed finish was possible for me, and it did seem to prevent the foundation from sticking to my dry patches.

So of course I bought it and I haven't looked back once since then. Can't live without it, don't ever want to apply my foundation any other way.

I caved in and bought one... I was resisting so much. I bought a dupe a while back and just didn't like it. A friend pressured me saying that this is the best thing, it'll make your make up flawless, blahblahblah... Well, she was right! I've always used my fingers to apply foundation. I've always wondered why my so called full coverage foundations weren't really full coverage.. Now I know the secret.

Dampen the sponge and bounce your foundation on. It's actually fun. (Yea, i'm weird) I'm honestly happy I caved..

on 8/22/2015 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When it came to foundation I always used my hands and fingers, I never used a brush or a sponge. Using a sponge was so 80's to me so when this beauty blender came out I was very skeptical. Everyone kept saying to me "OMG you have to try it as it's AMAZING it will give you an airbrush finish" Ok what the hell does airbrush mean? does it mean it'll make me look photoshopped and flawless???

So I caved in and bought one, yep I paid $20 something for a small sponge. The instruction tells me to use it damp. So I popped it under the water and squeezed out all the water I could before I used it.

Well well, I really hate going with the majority rules but this time I must. I can't live without this, it's the only way I prefer to put my foundation on these days. It gives me even application and when used with the right foundation it's almost like my fairy godmother hit me over the head with her wand and gave me perfect glowing skin.

The only negatives is; the price, having to wet the sponge on each application is not always practical and I feel more foundation is used up when using the beauty blender.

on 8/15/2015 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The super expensive sponge,
I might be the only one who do not like this beauty blender?
I mean, they are $20 and did'nt do a great job for me

Pros
-Soft
-Blend ur makeup faster

Cons
-Expensive
-Wash daily
-Easily broken
-Caused me breakout
-I expect it to be a lot bigger but its just so small compared to an egg when its dry
-No significant difference when its wet (yes they double it size but it is still too small for me)
-Dirt, they said that if we do not wash is properly , a mold will grow inside
-I dont like unorganize thing, so after I use, I want it to be back to its packaging. But??? I need to wait for like 3 days to make it dry .
For sure , this are based on my opinion

thanks!

on 8/8/2015 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This sponge is seriously the best thing ever invented!! I LOVE it and can't live without it!! It's better than any brush out there! There are many replicas but there's serious no dupe for it this is the real deal and well worth the $20!! It's very long lasting and it's just the best! It seriously blends out any product so easily and flawless! You can use it for foundation, concealer, to blend out cream contour. It's the best and I recommend this to everyone!! I will seriously trade it ANY foundation brush for this little sponge any day! I love it !

on 8/6/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like taking my makeup off with this sponge. It seems to really scrub everything off.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I resisted buying this for quite some time, but I am very pleased now that I have given in. The finish on my concealer and foundation is fantastic, and far better than anything I have achieved with brushes or fingers.

I use it damp, as instructed, but I sometimes still find it absorbs a bit more of my makeup than I would like. But, I will continue to use this.

on 8/4/2015 7:53:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL!!!!!! This product is my definition of holy grail. I will use this and rebuy the rest of my life. The blender makes putting on liquid foundation so easy and effortless and I look airbrushed. My makeup is perfectly blended, no streaks or patches. It helps hydrate more.

Yes, it's 20 dollars. But for something that lasts 3-4 months and is literally a life changer, it's worth it. Also, it's way more hygienic than a brush, bc you can easily wash it after every use in under 60 seconds. And you don't have to wait the 2 days for it to dry like you would a brush. Also, for the whole mold myth... The ONLY way it will get mold is if you never wash it or you wash it and store it in a plastic bag or container. If you're blender gets mold than it's something YOURE doing wrong bc if it's washed after every use and put out in the open to dry then it wouldn't ever get mold. That's what the stand is for that it comes with. Put it on the stand when it's drying.

If this product doesn't change your life... You're using it wrong

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

At first I was hesitant to buy the beauty blender! I had heard so many great reviews on the product but I couldn't help but feel the price tag was a little steep for what seemed to be an average makeup sponge. I had tried the Sonia Kashuk version of this product first and it remained in my beauty drawer unused. Finally, I bit the bullet and bought the real deal and let me tell you, it is by far the best decision I've made when it comes to makeup. I now own several! This sponge is unlike any other in its' texture. It can be used dry or damp, although I prefer to use mine dampened. This sponge blends makeup like no other, even my heaviest and notoriously cakey foundations like the Revlon Colorstay or my Tart Amazonian Clay Foundation blend out like a dream for a natural finish. I use this product to apply all foundations and concealers, I've also heard it works great with cream blushes as well. This sponge is incredibly unique and makes all of my face products perform to the best of their ability. If you are looking for flawless airbrushed skin look no further!

THIS PRODUCT IS LIKE MY FRICKIN CHILD!

I had been using the Real Techniques sponge for a while and had thought about getting a BeautyBlender for a really really long time but they're quite hard to pick up in the UK.

I brought mine in Space NK for around 20 and it came with the little solid cleanser. Firstly, I do think 20 is a tad steep, even though I'm head over heels in love with this sponge I still think it's a bit pricey.

I cannot even explain to you how incredible this is! I push so many foundations aside because I don't like the finish and this make me fall in love with every foundation/concealer I purchase!

Perfect perfect perfect for foundation and concealer alike. I use this by damping it and bouncing it (lightly) around my face and it just effortlessly blends everything together.

I would recommend this product to everyone, literally everyone from my grandma to my little sister - the only thing I would say is that, due to the price, if you've never used a make up sponge before and not sure if you would use one much, check out cheaper alternatives such as the Real Techniques miracle sponge beforehand!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools