November 28, 2014 | 935 users online

Makeup Brushes - Origins - Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jolica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for good powder brush for a while, and I've been looking at this from one of my favorite brands, Origins.
I hate any feeling of cakey or suffocating foundation. I purchased a MAC kabuki brush to apply pressed powder or mineral foundation , loved it but didn't like how it was such pain to wash!

This one was recommended to me and I liked the fact that it was Synthetic, and you can wash it often (no fancy brush cleaner, just foaming face wash, or baby shampoo) , and it will feel just like new. And it is so important for something like foundation/powder brush to be easy maintenance because of hygiene!

The bristles are soft, even though its synthetic. The handle isn't too long, good for travel and control, you can use it kind of like a kabuki brush to buff in the powder.
I pulled out couple of my pressed powders which I hadn't used for a while because I didn't like the feeling on my skin, and tried putting it on with this brush.

AMAZING!

Pressed powders feel light and even applied with this brush!
I hardly use my Mac kabuki brush now.
I definately recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by mneiai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite powder brush out of the ones I own. I've had it for at least four years, now, and bought it when I was on an Origins kick back in undergrad. It's super soft, as others have said, and once you get the technique down right for using it, it delivers just a fine dusting of powder, which is really good if you're like me and using mattifying everything and have to avoid a chalky look.

It's very sturdy feeling, like MAC brushes or maybe even better. It also has a good weight for a powder brushed, imo. I use conditioner and a drop of antibacterial dish detergent to wash it and the bristles stay as soft as ever. I don't think I've ever had any shedding, maybe a tiny bit at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder brush is nice. I've had it for over a year. It's very soft compared to most other powder brushes I've laid my hands on.

But the Kabuki brush from elf is even softer! for $2.50 with STUDIOSAVE coupon code.

And the ELF Studio Powder Brush is better for applying liquid foundation using stippling technique (although this origins brush isn't that bad for this technique). The ELF Studio Powder Brush is denser and even softer for $1.50 versus like $30 lol.

I am sure I'll find some use for my trusty Origins powder brush even after I got all these ELF brushes lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by SophieCullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS BRUSH IS FANTASTIC. I GOT IT FREE WHEN I PURCHASED THE FOUNDATION (SEE MY REVIEW). NO HAIRS COME OUT WHEN YOU'RE BUFFING, IT IS VERY SOFT AND GENTLE ON THE FACE, IT IS COMFORTABLE TO HOLD AND ITS LIGHTWEIGHT

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

at first, it is really soft, i was so impressed but it doesnt last. a year max. the shape goes funny , it shrunk down and not fluffy. doesnt pick up color that well either.
will not buy again. shu uemura's brushes are much better, twice the price but last so much longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:07:00 AM More reviews by stassnik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush 10 months ago and I use it often. It is in wonderful condition and it does an absolutely wonderful job. The bristles are so very soft and deposits powder just right on my skin, the brush can also be used as a blush brush and also as a bronzing brush on the sholders because it is just so big and fluffy. I think the quality of the brush is great, it's well made, and price wise it was inexpensive ($32.50); a lot less than poor quality yet expensive brush on the market.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, I loved this because it is sooooo soft. But, after about two weeks of use, the bristles have become so soft and flexible that it is nearly impossible to get my powder on evenly. The brush just seems to deposit a clump of powder in one spot. From a results standpoint, it is alot like using a puff. UPDATE: I am upgrading from 3 to 4 lippies. I found that if I give the brush a little shake to get the excess powder off before I apply it, the powder goes on divinely. I know I was supposed to be doing this all along, but I never wanted to waste any powder. I am so glad I found a way to make this brush work because I didn't want to go back to something with stiffer bristles. This just feels so luxurious on my face. UPDATE #2: I'm starting to really dislike this brush. It's just too soft to work with. It just applies the powder too heavily. But if I shake some off the brush first, I don't get enough on. The brush hairs actually stick to my foundation! I need a brush that will apply an even, sheer layer of powder. This is not it. Back down to 3 lippies it goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The package says it's synthetic, yet it's the softest brush I have ever touched! Definitely much better than my $68 Bobbi Brown face brush. And it was less than 1/2 the price!