April 24, 2014 | 907 users online

Styling Products - Nexxus - Comb Thru

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Carley210

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nexxus Comb Thru is my go-to hair spray. The light spray works well with my blonde waves. As much as I love it I wish it went on totally dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by alyssa1312

I absolutely love this hair spray! I have naturally wavy hair that I like to curl to give it a little more volume. I always had a hard time with hairsprays because they're way too sticky and crunchy but this product is great. It keeps my hair looking good all day and it is still soft and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Really, an excellent hairspray. Nexxus really excels in this area. I first tried this spray when I got a travel-sized one bundled with other Nexxus products. I have thick, curly hair and I use it while my hair is wet, on top of a silicone serum. I apply the serum, then the Comb Thru, then I comb my hair to distribute the spray evenly and let my hair air dry. It, along with the serum, control frizz as well as can be expected. It's not a super hold, extra hard hairspray. Some have complained about the smell, but I think it's pleasant. It reminds me of the Adorn my mom used in the 1970s, which is not a bad thing. :-P I've also used Nexxus' Frizz Defy spray, which is also good. The Comb Thru seems to have only slightly more hold than the Frizz Defy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Princess2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a small bottle while I was traveling and love this! It is soft and my hair doesn't feel hard after I use it. It is truly a finishing mist - soft and gentle on my hair. Many times hair sprays will give me a headache - I don't like the smell - but this one is gentle. My only challenge with this is that my hair is very thick and it only holds my hair for about 2 hours then I have to spray it again. Luckily the bottle is small and it is easy to carry in my handbag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am putting yes repurchase because the product works, but I detest the scent. I do not find it dissipates at all and find it very distracting. I have long hair and need to hold my curls I put in, and I really wish I could find something yummy smelling like Aussie products, perhaps, though not as stiff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by CeeSan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My cousin was visiting and I tried her nexxus spray bc I've notice her hair was very managable and didn't look like it had product in it at all. Sprayed sparingly over my hair when it was down, combed thru and expected a helmet like effect and it being sticky and hard. However, it really does what it says, it keeps the shape it was in when it dries. The smell is a strong hairspray smell, but its not noticable after it dries. I have medium length hair, and after a 3 hour car ride with my hair down and the windows open, and after pulling it into a tight ponytail with a baseball cap on and sweating in it for 2 hours out in the sun, my hair bounced back to its shape when I had originally sprayed it. I was so impresses I had to write a review, and I went out and bought my own bottle, from the Superstore for $12 cdn. I'm so impressed, my asian hair can get so flat n oily at the roots, but this gives me volume all day :o) hope it works for u too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I bought this at Christmastime off a clearance rack as it was bundled with an old fav. conditioner of mine from the 80s, Humectress. I have been using aerosol hairsprays again, usually with good results. My fine hair can't be weighed down by too much product or it's a disaster. This hair spray, however, does nothing for my hair besides makes me smell like an old lady. Lately I've only needed a few quick sprays to keep my flyaways on the top of my head at bay but this stuff makes me picture old Grandma Mabel with her More cigarettes and orange-red lipstick (gorgeous BTW). The smell is cloying and doesn't dissipate quickly enough. Gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this hairspray! My boyfriend (now fiance) gave it to me for my birthday. It came as a sample-size in a gift set from CVS along with the Humectress sample-size shampoo, full-size conditioner, and makeup bag. This product holds great without getting stiff. Does just what it says and more! I tested it out for volumizing, and it works great for that too! Definitely check it out, girls! I plan on purchasing a full-size bottle now that I'm all out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have naturally wavy and frizzy hair. When I use a flat iron to straighten my hair I need a good hairspray to hold the style once I'm done. This just wasn't what I was looking for. It didn't really have much hold to it. The comb thru part of this is laughable. I had to wash my hair out before I could even run my fingers through my hair. I wouldn't recommend this but if you want a light hold this would do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Flybane

I had no idea hairspray could be this good!

Very reliable hold, hair comes out shiny and soft, and scent is almost nonexistent. Combing through when dry results in a natural, touchable style.

I use this product to hold curls created with a flat iron in thick Asian hair. It keeps them from uncurling.

I originally tried the Dove Flexible Hold, but the smell, though not unpleasant, was just too strong and the hold would weaken substantially over the course of the day. Also tried Elnett, but the smell was just too nasty. It's true that Comb Thru doesn't smell great, but you only have to put up with it for a minute before it thoroughly dissipates. In the long run, I like that better than putting up with even a nice scent all day long.