Almay Line Smoothing Makeup

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.7%), Zinc Oxide (2.1%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Nylon 12, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, Polyricinoleate, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth 7, Tribehenin, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract Sodium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract (Licorice), Punica Granatum Extract, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Extract, Erythrulose, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Flower Extract (Cucumber), Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Saccharide Isomerate, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caffeine, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Oil, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Dimethiconol, HDI/Trimethol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 6/2/2015 10:42:00 AM

If you have perioral dermatitis like I do then this product is not for you! My chin is on fire after one day! It didn't contain any familiar trigger ingredients so I'm not sure what caused my reaction. I will say that I had an excellent color match in Buff which was a surprise because I usually use Ivory shades. It went on nicely but wow, so many silicones. It was too moisturizing for my combo skin and I was oily by the end of the day despite setting this with powder. I'm surprised the SDM cosmetics rep recommended this for me, I would only recommend this for dry, non sensitive skin.

on 8/15/2014 10:11:00 AM

I was brought this by a family member a length of time ago and put it aside. It was a few shades too dark for my skin (160) so I used Manic Panic Dreamtone to lighten it. I love the coverage and the finish is flawless it leaves your face looking natural and hydrated! It is perfect and only requires a little powder to keep it in place; I would say it gives a medium-full coverage but is perfect.

on 12/1/2013 6:30:00 PM

I found this by miracle. I wanted to try a new foundation so I went to the Rite Aide clearance section. That's where I found this beauty..Truly a god send!! It was in my color (sand) and only 3 bucks! I got home and applied it and totally fell in love. I didn't even know it was for dry skin!! An added bonus since I'm always looking for a foundation to quench my dry flaky skin. Also, you don't need to set it with powder. It dries to a nice somewhat dewy finish but not wet or greasy at all. Totally worth the money!!

on 7/24/2013 6:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this foundation as I can't get hold of the Almay TLC that I love. I got it in the same shade Naked 160 which is a great colour match for my pale pinkish skin but I've rated it low because it is too light a coverage therefore doesn't cover up imperfections like wrinkles or spots enough plus it's not super long lasting or shine controlling, though not as bad as some - I'm just disappointed that it's no where near as good as the TLC. It has also rated low with me as it's in a glass bottle with no pump, easy enough to get it out for a while but when it starts getting low it's a lot trickier! One good thing about it is that it's not strongly scented. If you don't mind the bottle and want a natural looking light coverage then it might suit you. It cost me only NZ$12 at a cosmetics sale.

on 9/19/2012 3:54:00 AM

I've been using this foundation for a few months and I like it a lot. I like my foundation to have moisture in it and have a dewy finish. It feels pretty lightweight to me. It covers my blemishes well and blends easily. I use my fingertips and a wedge to apply it. I set it in loose powder. Looks fresh all day with only one touch up of powder. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is my current foundation, I only picked it up because my local beauty supply was out of Revlon Colorstay Foundation. When it comes to this foundation it is mainly ideal for dry to very dry skinned people. When it comes to color selection I'd say to pick a shade lower than what your skin color is, I say this because I picked up 220 Neutral and it matched perfectly but then it turned a shade darker a couple hours later and looked extremely awkward. Overall, this is a nice day to day foundation, it is extremely hydrating, looks flawless, doesn't clog my pores or settle into any fine lines. It is a light-medium coverage and doesn't really transfer. I will repurchase!

on 8/10/2012 6:15:00 PM

Very moisturising, applies easily and I liked the way it felt on my skin.

Just didn't give me enough coverage, a little too sheer for my liking. If you use this foundation with the Line Smoothing face powder, coverage is a little better.

As for line smoothing, I don't think so. The high level of moisture plumps your lines and creases up for a while but that's about it.

One thing I really did like about this product is the sun protection, I wore this all day to a Athletics Carnival, forgot my hat and sunscreen, so could only rely on my foundation for protection and I didn't get sunburnt. I am very photo sensitive due to Lupus I always get burnt so that was impressive.

I will give this a go in Summer when I don't wear quite so much full coverage for pale skin and see if I like it better.

on 7/6/2012 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm 47 with dry sensitive skin (and rosacea in winter). This makeup is great, my skin feels better after it's been on all day. It keeps from getting dry even if I set it with powder in the summer. It would be nice to find it in a squeeze bottle but I will continue to buy it either way. It would not be good for normal/oily skin, it would probably sit on the skin and be shiny.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a real basic foundation. It's a light coverage and a little sheer. Its moisturizing and a little dewy. I really like the shades available.
But I prefer medium to full coverage and I wasn't too impressed with feel and consistency. There are other comparable at the same price that offer more like anti aging serum and such. I think it's a little pricey, I found it for $10.50 at Walmart for what it is (basic foundation).

on 11/14/2011 12:14:00 AM

This was my very first foundation. It's really good for someone who just started using foundation. It has light coverage (almost too light) and it blends really well. It moisturizes your skin very well, but it's not greasy at all. I use it as a tinted moisturizer. I just had it ran out. I would definitely repurchase it.