August 1, 2014 | 2023 users online

Liquid - Almay - Line Smoothing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I found this by miracle. I wanted to try a new foundation so I went to the Rite Aide clearance section. That's where I found this beauty..Truly a god send!! It was in my color (sand) and only 3 bucks! I got home and applied it and totally fell in love. I didn't even know it was for dry skin!! An added bonus since I'm always looking for a foundation to quench my dry flaky skin. Also, you don't need to set it with powder. It dries to a nice somewhat dewy finish but not wet or greasy at all. Totally worth the money!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by purplestar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation as I can't get hold of the Almay TLC that I love. I got it in the same shade Naked 160 which is a great colour match for my pale pinkish skin but I've rated it low because it is too light a coverage therefore doesn't cover up imperfections like wrinkles or spots enough plus it's not super long lasting or shine controlling, though not as bad as some - I'm just disappointed that it's no where near as good as the TLC. It has also rated low with me as it's in a glass bottle with no pump, easy enough to get it out for a while but when it starts getting low it's a lot trickier! One good thing about it is that it's not strongly scented. If you don't mind the bottle and want a natural looking light coverage then it might suit you. It cost me only NZ$12 at a cosmetics sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by jcwjewell

I've been using this foundation for a few months and I like it a lot. I like my foundation to have moisture in it and have a dewy finish. It feels pretty lightweight to me. It covers my blemishes well and blends easily. I use my fingertips and a wedge to apply it. I set it in loose powder. Looks fresh all day with only one touch up of powder. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by heyevangeline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my current foundation, I only picked it up because my local beauty supply was out of Revlon Colorstay Foundation. When it comes to this foundation it is mainly ideal for dry to very dry skinned people. When it comes to color selection I'd say to pick a shade lower than what your skin color is, I say this because I picked up 220 Neutral and it matched perfectly but then it turned a shade darker a couple hours later and looked extremely awkward. Overall, this is a nice day to day foundation, it is extremely hydrating, looks flawless, doesn't clog my pores or settle into any fine lines. It is a light-medium coverage and doesn't really transfer. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very moisturising, applies easily and I liked the way it felt on my skin.

Just didn't give me enough coverage, a little too sheer for my liking. If you use this foundation with the Line Smoothing face powder, coverage is a little better.

As for line smoothing, I don't think so. The high level of moisture plumps your lines and creases up for a while but that's about it.

One thing I really did like about this product is the sun protection, I wore this all day to a Athletics Carnival, forgot my hat and sunscreen, so could only rely on my foundation for protection and I didn't get sunburnt. I am very photo sensitive due to Lupus I always get burnt so that was impressive.

I will give this a go in Summer when I don't wear quite so much full coverage for pale skin and see if I like it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by 215katrina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 47 with dry sensitive skin (and rosacea in winter). This makeup is great, my skin feels better after it's been on all day. It keeps from getting dry even if I set it with powder in the summer. It would be nice to find it in a squeeze bottle but I will continue to buy it either way. It would not be good for normal/oily skin, it would probably sit on the skin and be shiny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a real basic foundation. It's a light coverage and a little sheer. Its moisturizing and a little dewy. I really like the shades available.
But I prefer medium to full coverage and I wasn't too impressed with feel and consistency. There are other comparable at the same price that offer more like anti aging serum and such. I think it's a little pricey, I found it for $10.50 at Walmart for what it is (basic foundation).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my very first foundation. It's really good for someone who just started using foundation. It has light coverage (almost too light) and it blends really well. It moisturizes your skin very well, but it's not greasy at all. I use it as a tinted moisturizer. I just had it ran out. I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! It provides medium coverage if you have acne but smooths out unevenness and uneven tones. The texture is a little oily at first but quickly fades into a natural feel. They have a good range of colors in many different undertones for a very reasonable price. But beware the packaging! The bottle is heavy glass and the top can get looser with use. It may and most likely one day become loose enough to spill inside your bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

I really like this foundation, it has light coverage but it's buildable to a medium coverage. It really evens out my skin tone and gives me a really nice glow on my skin. I have the color 140 Buff and it matches me perfetly. Im in the color 150 Buff for Revlon colorstay and they are pretty close.
It gives a really nice and natural look, and doesn't look cakey at all. The only thing i dont really like about this foundation is the packaging.

NEW REVIEW after 3 Months use:
OMG wow im in love with this foundation, it is one of the best foundations i have ever purchased. I usually use Relvon colorstay, but i feel that its a bit heavy for everyday use. I use the Almay line smoothing foundation EVERY single day and i get compliments on my skin. HG product. Love Love Love IT!