MAC Frost - Ricepaper

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

Best highlight colour for my nc20 skin. Not too in your face but still noticeable.
One of Mac's best eyeshadow, I reckon.

Ricepaper is the PERFECT highlight for my skin tone! Because my skin has yellow undertones, the yellow hue in Ricepaper just blends in with my skin and adds a SLIGHT glow to my inner corner and brow bone, and doesnt look like a highlight at first glance. For reference I have over the years tried Shroom, White Frost, Phloof!, and Nylon, but this is by far the best because it doesn't pull silver or white on me. I have very almost hit pan on this and will definitely repurchase!
The only downside to this, is that it isn't very buttery. But the colour is worth it for me.

I have deep set eyes, and I use this on my lid and in the inner corner of my eye. It's a gorgeous colour against my NC30 skin (almost like a 'my skin but better' look - a light golden champaign colour). I do have to apply 2+ layers of it though as it's not extremely pigmented. But once I've layered it (and used primer underneath), it stays on a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My experience with Ricepaper was not quite as glowing as the other reviews (perhaps I got a dud?), and I almost returned it. However, after working with it a bit more, I felt it was a good staple, and I'm very glad I kept it. I wear it a few times a week on the inner half/third of my lids as a lid color or inner corner highlight. It's a nice light yellowed cream color. It's definitely not too yellow on my skin. Mine was not super pigmented or super shimmery. I have to work a bit to pick it up with my brush (mac 239). But if I build it up with a couple layers, it is a beautiful color with a lovely subtle sheen and it works well with many other colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What the?? I thought this would be my holy grail highlight/lid color based on all these reviews and photos, but it was extremely chalky and gross looking on me?? I tried with and without primer, and I was looking for that beautiful sheen without over-the-top shimmer everyone was talking about, but I didn't get any of that. I liked the color and I don't know if I got a dud or what, but it was just plain chalky, powdery, and just UGH. I have yellow/slightly olive undertones so I thought this would work great for me, but it didn't work out for me at ALL. I thought, for over $17 I paid for it, it'd be amazing.. Thank goodness MAC has a great return policy. I'll just be sticking with indie companies like Silk Naturals from now... I just wish I got to try SN's Ricepaper dupe before it was discontinued.. It looked like it had so much more color pay-off and pearly sheen than this did.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Truly a gorgeous, warm, shimmery color. Ricepaper is a fantastic shadow either in conjunction with other shimmery shades or as a lid accent for a matte eye. The frost is very subtle but effective. I find myself using either this or MAC Shroom most days for a center lid brightness.

Pros:
* smooth application
* easy to pick up color with brush
* blendable
* good accent for most other shadow colors
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* can be a bit sheer; may need two applications for full effect

I bought this for a specific makeup look I was going for with a very dark chocolate brown layered under this. I cannot believe how much I actually use this eyeshadow beyond that look. It's normal great MAC quality, long lasting and very versatile. I LOVE it!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Perfect brow highlight/softening colour. $26AUD for a refill isn't bad considering how fantastic macs eyeshadows are and how long they last.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this shadow. I use it for either a highlighter in my tear duct or or an all over lid color... Beautiful!

I used to own this but found I way too yellow on my olive skin tone.

Top Rated Eye Shadow