December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Ricepaper

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by bomkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What the?? I thought this would be my holy grail highlight/lid color based on all these reviews and photos, but it was extremely chalky and gross looking on me?? I tried with and without primer, and I was looking for that beautiful sheen without over-the-top shimmer everyone was talking about, but I didn't get any of that. I liked the color and I don't know if I got a dud or what, but it was just plain chalky, powdery, and just UGH. I have yellow/slightly olive undertones so I thought this would work great for me, but it didn't work out for me at ALL. I thought, for over $17 I paid for it, it'd be amazing.. Thank goodness MAC has a great return policy. I'll just be sticking with indie companies like Silk Naturals from now... I just wish I got to try SN's Ricepaper dupe before it was discontinued.. It looked like it had so much more color pay-off and pearly sheen than this did.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Truly a gorgeous, warm, shimmery color. Ricepaper is a fantastic shadow either in conjunction with other shimmery shades or as a lid accent for a matte eye. The frost is very subtle but effective. I find myself using either this or MAC Shroom most days for a center lid brightness.

Pros:
* smooth application
* easy to pick up color with brush
* blendable
* good accent for most other shadow colors
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* can be a bit sheer; may need two applications for full effect

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this for a specific makeup look I was going for with a very dark chocolate brown layered under this. I cannot believe how much I actually use this eyeshadow beyond that look. It's normal great MAC quality, long lasting and very versatile. I LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect brow highlight/softening colour. $26AUD for a refill isn't bad considering how fantastic macs eyeshadows are and how long they last.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this shadow. I use it for either a highlighter in my tear duct or or an all over lid color... Beautiful!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to own this but found I way too yellow on my olive skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by SarahSally

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

versatile, shows up well, and does not fade. Really brightens up my eye. I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by DanielleLSpanger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this eye shadow many years ago when i was looking for a neutral color that would blend easily and go with an any day look whether it's day or night. Sometimes i even wear this color alone or blend which a darker shade such as 'cocoa' 'charcoal' or 'chimney' (i must have a thing for eye shadow colors starting with "C" lol!) Anyways, this eye shadow is one of my favorites because of it's long lasting wear time, even color consistency, and ability to be applied with other eye shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Ractoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my holy grail as a brow highlight. I have been using this for over 7 years. It doesn't have too much shimmer and it matches my nc25-30 skin color. I have yet to find a better highlight than this, will continue to buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I've had Ricepaper for over 2 years and occassionally use it in the inner corners and on my brow-bone. It's nice, nothing spectacular, but it has good pigmentation and on my eyelids it's a shimmery, off-white yellow-gold. It is very similar to Urban Decay's 'Bootycall', which I much prefer for it's brighter colour payoff and stronger gold undertones. So whilst Ricepaper is a very popular staple neutral for a lot of ladies, I'm just not enthralled by it the way other people are.