Bourjois Rose Ambre - 74

on 8/3/2015 3:00:00 AM

Beautiful colour. blends very well so great for daywear and can be applied more heavily for evening. Downside is it hasn't got great staying power, I have to apply it again halfway through the day, however I haven't found a good natural looking blusher that doesn't need reapplying! it's gentle on the skin and doesn't seem to block pores. The brush provided is useless, it would be better if they didn't bother supplying it, using the brush makes the blush sit too heavy. Use a stippling brush instead for a natural blend. The close clasp on the blush pot broke pretty quickly but unlike most powder which crumble after some time it's still firmly attached at the base and I never worry about opening my makeup bag to find shards of blush floating about. I will absolutely be buying this again.

on 1/12/2014 3:53:00 PM

This blusher is highly pigmented and a deep red colour. I like how the powder blends well.

on 7/14/2013 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is brilliant, I have the small travel size of it an its so handy. It comes in a cream formula and lasts all day, it doesn't make your skin look to heavy or oily and has a beautiful shade range. Price is worth it for such a lovely drug store blush.

on 7/2/2013 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This blush is absolutely perfect! The packaging is really small and handy, it comes with a brush. Usually when a blush comes with a brush, I throw it out, but this brush isn't that bad. The blush has a strong powdery smell (it kind of smells like an old powder, but I like it),but you can't smell it when it's on your face.

This color (rose ambre) is a dark pink - almost red with warm undertones. It is matte. If you have really soft brush, it's quite hard to apply. Not hard, but you may build it up. The color stays on the face for literally ALL day. The price isn't crazy, but for a drugstore product it is a lot (around 300 Czech crowns - $15). I
think Bourjois isn't available in the US.

One downside is that Bourjois hasn't got any light matte shade, in general there are only few matte shades. But the selection of colors is really nice.
I highly repurchase this blush if you are looking for a great staying power and a nice selection of colors.

on 4/6/2013 5:57:00 AM

I agree on the comment that this one is SO easy to overdo, but I like the color. I must have spent 30 mins at the shop just choosing the right color. I chose 74 because it has no shimmer. It's a bit too pigmented, so I have to be really careful with application. I'm not a big fan of the packaging though. It's a nice travel size but I prefer blushes of the powder size. Oh, and the smell...yuck. But I'd buy it again, just in a different shade.

on 11/5/2012 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Have always liked Bourjois blushes yet this one I'm not that keen on. I don't like it applied when I have no foundation on & when I do have foundation on, it's still only average. There's a lot nicer blushes out there that cost less - save your money. I don't recommend & won't be repurchasing.

on 7/14/2012 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my first bourjois blush and I really like it! I live in Australia and the blush retailed for $20, but got it $16 on sale. There was such a variety of colours to choose from and I had a hard time choosing the right one. I decided to choose this colour as it appeared very pigmented and has a nice rose touch to my cheeks :) I would say that this blush does not last very long and would have to apply once or twice when i go out. The packaging and scent is really nice and would probably buy one again.

EDIT: I bought 2 more, in shades Rose D'or and Rose Frisson. Perfect for spring or summer :)

on 6/16/2012 7:23:00 AM

I love this blush! It's so pigmented that it's easy to overdo, but if you apply with a light hand it's so beautiful! I personally love the smell and the little round pot is so portable. I was a little underwhelmed at the size of the blush, especially since it costs $20 full priced here in Australia. But they have sales regularly and I got mine for less than $10.
I love the colour- it's not too cool-toned, not too light and it's no doubt my favourite blush thus far!

on 4/16/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Clearly I got one from a bad batch. I found it impossible to actually get a pickup of pigment or any colour to show! I scrubbed off a lot of the top layer in case it had sort of solidified or crystallised over, and tried all sorts of application techniques ranging from cotton balls to fingers to fabric ( a brush simply did not register).
Strange, maybe Australia gets the dreaded baked version or something...anyway no risk of the clown cheek!

on 2/16/2012 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Bourjois is definitely one of my favourite make up brands. I am French and moved to Australia: my mum has always used this blush and when I open mine and smell it, it reminds me of home. :)
As long as I can remember, I always had a Bourjois blush (I never pick the same shade though): love the smell, love the packaging, love the large range of shades, love the texture and the fact that one pot will last for months!
I particularly like this shade as it is not too shimmery or pink.
It is kind of a sentimental product for me and I think I will always have one of these with me. I just think they are a bit hard to find here (and so much more expensive!)

Top Rated Bourjois Products