October 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Blush - Bonne Bell - Good Nature Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by zhongnanone

After buying and using the legendary BB gel blushes with great results, I was on a gel blush kick and, of course, how could I resist the allure of the good nature gels, which received such high ratings. After reading the reviews, I was convinced Tawny (rose brown) would not work for my skin tone, so I got Pink and Peach instead. I also bought BB clear face gloss, a very light pink gel, gel bronzer in luminous glow, and White White, a pasty white cream makeup, for good measure.

So I've been using these good nature gels for the past weeks and finally decided I've use them enough to write an informed review. So here it is.

Appearance:

These blushes come in plastic tubes (1.5 oz) and through the tube, you immediately wonder how in the world these dark gels (I mean DARK) could produce a light pink or peach tint. Initially I thought I received wrong products.

Once I swached them, they turned out surprisingly well. If you blend the gel out, it has medium to high pigmentation without being that dark.

Texture

Compared to the gel blushes, these good nature gels are much thicker and creamier due to less water content. In terms of blendability, I think they are fine but not as easily blended as the gel blushes if you wear Revlon color stay foundation set with a powder. I realized after I quit using foundation all together and only only sunscreen, this gel blush blends very easily. I've been wearing Peach over my sunscreen every single day for the past three months. I got many complements on my complexion and I think it has a lot to do with this blush.

Pink is a slightly blue-based medium pink. It should work for cool and warm skin tones.

Peach is a tad more pigmented than Pink. On me, I do not think it is a bright coral but it definitely has a little red/apricot in it. It's very nice for warm skin tones.

Both have a nice dewy (not shimmery) finish to make your cheeks look luminous, which I love. Who doesn't love a healthy glow. .

Long lasting; no need to touch up; have not broken me out.

Update:

For some reason I reach for these blushes more often than the gel blushes - these seem more "substantial" and I really love that healthy glow these blushes give. If you like natural-looking blushes, you own yourself to give theses a try. They are simply lovely and very affordable. A tube will last you a long time - I've been using these daily for at least 3 months and I barely made a dent. Overall, a great deal and what a gem!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Jeeze, I wore this in Tawney all through high school--and never broke out. I'd always just dab a bit on the apples of my cheeks and quickly blend up and out. With a bit of mascara, wonderful. My signature look--way before Jersey Shore and the orange thing.

Here is one good thing--if you're not into orange--about the Bonne Bell Good Naure Gel: NO orange. The Tawny is the darkest. There is a peach and pink. All have a brownish base that does NOT have that "dirty" look that you can get from many bronzers.. All of the colors have a NO noticeable sheen although there is some "barely there' glow that enhances skin without the shimmer. It's *extremely subtle:but it's not completely matte.

I also sometimes dab a bit on the bridge of my nose and on the hairline for a super natural "just ran out in the sun" look without the skin damage.

I'm fair and no longer tan, so I like the Pink the best, although I can use the Tawney as well in the summer. Nice with a subtle shimmer pink powder blush high on the cheekbones/the apples of cheeks, too. I love the Majolica Majorca Dolly Spice or any other pinkish lightly highlighthing blush. If you have a hard time finding the Majolica Majorca, Nars Deep Throat is a great replacement the apples of the cheeks to define.

Mind you, it is a gel, so if your skin is oily, it will go on just fine as long as you wait just a bit for your oils to come back, use sparingly and blend quickly. The thing is to use less as you can always add a bit more. (It removes easily with a baby wipe if you overdo). A light tap and blend on the forhead, the cheeks, and the smallest dab on the bridge of the nose.

If your skin is on the dry side, you need to be moisturized.

I LOVE this for all seasons because I don't tan and use sunscreen regularly. I tend to rely on the Nars Deep Throat with a light hand to make the gel pop.

Another great application is adding just the smallest dab at the end of the day to refresh your cheeks, especially if it's humid or your skin is oily. A bit of powder completes.

This is the one "vintage" product that still works for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I have Tawny & Peach. Unlike the sheer gel blush they both tend to leave a slight sheen where you apply it. I saw it more in the Peach but not as much with Tawny. On bare skin it's very noticeable. The sheen leaves a tell trail where you use it. I have to cover it with powder so it's less obvious. This gel stains your fingers so wash them after applying. A little bit goes a long way and they're only $4.25 at the website.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

I went to the Bonne Bell site looking for their gel bronzer which I can't seem to find anywhere and saw these. I had no idea these blushes even existed until a fellow MUA'er mentioned them to me. I'm NC35 and I got Peach. The blush itself was $4.25 but with shipping I paid about $10 which I was less then thrilled about but based on the great reviews, I thought what the heck. It took about 4 days to get my blush, and I opened the package and though, oh, great - they sent me the wrong one. On the website, the Peach color is actually peach. The tube I was looking at was bright red. I check the tube just to see what they sent me instead, and, no my suprise, it actually was Peach. I tried it and on my skin, its a reddish peachy coral which isn't what I wanted so a lippie off for that. On the pro side, the color lasts ALL DAY and its very natural looking. As others have noted its very pigmented so a little goes a long way otherwise you will look clown-like. I tried i on my lips too and like other stains, it settles into the cracks on my lips and its too bright to wear alone. I might tone it down with a brownish l/l. On my lips it doesn't last as long as on my face, but overall, a great investment except for the limited color range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

Wow. These are amazing blushes! I got pink and peach colors and they are stunning. Extemely pigmented to the point of staining my cheeks. Seriously, I can't get this stuff off with cold cream. I am trying a facial cleanser next.

That being said, these are available directly from the Bonne Bell website. As far as application goes, use a tiny, minute, itsy bitsy amount and blend quickly. I'd pat rather than rub it on. A sponge would also work well for applying but I'll warn you if you use too much you'll have clown cheeks. It actually may be a novel idea to apply this blush before your foundation, that's how pigmented it is.

The packaging is the worst thing about this product;it it were in a pump bottle or if the tube had a thin pointy end it would be more controllable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by maure

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this for 20 years! Since this wonderful product is discontinued I order pink & tawney Good Nature gel and their 10-06 lotion direct from Bonne Bell ( check their website). It has the best consitancy and gives you truly a healthy glow of color with a bit of shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 12:19:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought some of the legendary Bonne Bell gel blushes on the Bonne Bell site and these were also featured at $4 for a 1 ounce tube. There were no reviews here but at that price I figured it would be fun to give it a shot. This comes in a tube twice the size of the gel blushes and it is also a gel blush but it is described on the lable as a "gel based wash of color". I would say this is a perfect description. It is not clear like a gel, it almost looks like a creamy highlighter but it is not shimmery or sparkly. There is a slight creaminess to it and the tiniest drop goes a long way. I have the tawny (rosey brown), peach (pinkish coral peach) and pink (dusty angel pink). These also last for eternity on my cheeks and are also extremely flattering. They have a bit more dimension than the gel blushes. I would say that the gel bluses are a stain and these are more of a silky skin enhancing blush. They fall somwwhere between a gel and a cream. For $4 this is a really awesome product that I would definitely repurchase should I ever run out of my gigantic tube of it. I think these are discontinued and only sold on the Bonne Bell site just as the gel blushes are as well.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No