NYX Single Eye Shadow - Charcoal

Price: $

on 11/15/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought three of these shadows and this is my favorite. The reason being that it's just the RIGHT shade. I used to (god, all the time) draw on my eyes with black liner and then smudge it with a white cream to make a nice rich sparkly gray. Well that's what this is, but it's a powder so no creases. :) It's cheap and effective and this right color is really hard to find where as the other two I got were just 'ok' and I could find better shades more suitable for my tone and needs. This one rules. So sultry. :)

on 1/17/2012 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been looking for a blue based charcoal for some time. They have either been too light, too sparkly or just plain dull. This one is just perfect. It has a velvety texture, yes you do have to be careful not to brush it up too much or you'll wind up with bits everywhere, but on . . . . it's satiny, lustrous, very glam. I have a ton of makeup, most high end and have bought "cheapies" in the past only to feel that I might as well have just burned my money. But this little beauty delivers. Colour is buildable, I usually do a smokey glam eye (don't care what time of day it is, that's just me). But anyone could use this in the crease for subtle grey or, like me, outer V as dark as you want charcoal to ever get. I would say be careful using under the eye as it does migrate a bit upon application, but I haven't found a colour that didn't. I just clean it up a bit and add concealer. Beautiful colour, awesome price.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeshadow. Such a pretty color, doesn't crease or fade that much and was just awesome.
The only thing I didn't like was the price. Where I got it, it was $7.50! I'm not that rich so you know.
But yeah other than that, pretty color, perfect for my style.

This is a dark gunmetal/steel color with blue undertones. It kind of reminds me of how sharkskin would look. I don't think this eyeshadow has any actual glitter; just a ton of shimmer. This product is full of pigmentation. Absolutely chock-full of it. You need but to tap your brush onto the product to get enough color for your eyelid. I use this to spice up any smokey eye or to replace a black eyeshadow for the outer corner. I do find this too dark and smokey to be used for every day, though, unless it is used with an extremely light hand. These little gems cost less than $5! That's incredible when I'm saying that these eyeshadows are better than some MAC shadows! Another thing that sets my mind right is that these eyeshadows are recyclable, as the label on the back of these clearly states.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

If you like MAC's Knight Divine eyeshadow,you will like this one because Charcoal is a dupe.I swatched them side by side and they look almost the same.I do prefer MAC's shadow over this one because it lasts longer and blends better,but if you want a cheaper version get this one.

on 2/12/2010 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

For the price, this has great pigmentation/consistency. The color is very pretty, but almost seems to have a bit of a blue-ish undertone which isn't something I'd pick, but may be desirable to some (especially those with blue eyes, I imagine this color would make them pop). The one (to me, major) downside of the product is that it crumbles easily. I have a few NYX shadows and every single one of them has broken inside the pot (sometimes out of it), which is due largely, I'm sure, to me not being gentle with them, and just chucking them haphazardly in my makeup bag. Still, they have all broken and now if I want to use one I have to open it very carefully and try every hard not to spill the product all over everything. I'd probably buy it again, though, and make an effort to not have it break..

on 12/13/2009 12:41:00 AM

Great color! Very smooth application and very pigmented. I have noticed that after a while, the blue undertones in the shadow appear on the lid, which I really don't mind. They actually brings some subtle color.

on 11/18/2009 11:45:00 PM

The shadow is really pigmented and the colour goes on quite nice and velvety, especially when layered over the NYX jumbo eyeshadows. Will repurchase.

on 10/4/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I just used this last night and it was absolutely gorgeous! I used it for my outer v on top of nyx black bean and wore it alone over my lid and my everyone complimented me on it. There was no creasing and it lasted through the rain yesterday.......definitely one of my top faves from nyx. By the way I bought a bunch yesterday because Ulta has it on sale for $2.49 right now or buy one get one free!

on 9/3/2009 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really love this. I don't normally wear colors like this. It's so smooth and goes on like velvet. It stays really well. It looks great with a black base on underneath as well. Definitely amazing and great for smokey eyes. I got it for $4.50 at a small clothing boutique at the mall.