December 22, 2014 | 1915 users online

Bronzers - Smashbox - Fusion Soft Lights - Smashing Dawn

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lotionbuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this one as a gift so im guessing about the price. I like it and as long as its not too expensive I will be picking it up next time im in need.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 12:26:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted dusk, the shimmery one, but sephora was out. dawn looked so pretty, and I thought that a matte bronzer would look good all year round. I have light-medium skin (I was only a C30 when I bought the bronzer), but it DOES NOT show up on my skin at all. I've tried three different face brushes, with and w/o moisturizer, and different times of the day, but I can never get the color to show. I'm not buying a 28$ bronzer that just works as a translucent powder (it did cover my pores:).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 9:00:00 AM More reviews by 8hourcream

Hmmm....this reminds me of Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick but theres something odd about the way it picks up the darkest shades and not the lighter ones...it doesnt blend, it looks dirty as a blusher and doesnt work as a powder. I also have the shimmery Dusk version and I really have only touched them both once.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Cindyrella1212

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift (from my Sephora wishlist). When I saw it in the pan, I immediately wished I had asked for the Dusk--shimmery one. But, I tried it and love it. I'm a LLL and it gives me a natural warm glow without looking fake or orange. I use a skunk brush to apply and I use it as a very nice peach blush too. Now I don't think I would like the shimmery one--too fake looking. I think it is too pricy--I realize you can a lot of product but it will take a very long time for me to use it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this, even though I was expecting to be disappointed when I saw it in the pan. The one rather orangey strip in the mix worried me, but once the colors are blended together it gives the perfect natural bronze finish, without being muddy or orange. Very flattering and has the same nice velvety textures I've come to really appreciate in Smashbox's Soft Lights.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 12:41:00 AM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before this point, I've always had more shimmery bronzers - but not any more!

I love this bronzer because it really perks my skin up. I can use it daily with out looking like a crazy person (ie, overly bronze and overly sparkly!).

It looks great on my NC20 skin. I wouldn't say that I look bronzed, but I definitely look sunkissed and warm. HG Materieal for sure! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mukky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been so pleasantly surprised by this product. I have all of the other Smashbox Fusions both for eyes and cheeks, and I mostly bought this because I'm 'collecting' these. I didn't think I'd like this one because it's matte, but it has a really beautiful combination of colors. It's much peachier than I thought. I sort of consider it the 'warmth' I never got from BE Warmth (too dark for me). I used the Smashbox cream/gel highlighter first, and then lightly dusted this on cheeks, forehead and nose. It gives a really beautiful soft peachy warm affect. I also used some the colors mixed on eyes. It's quite sheer which is great for face, but was a little dull on eyes. The colors are flattering, just doesn't give as much pop on the eyes. Overall, this is the one I'm going to keep, and may swap the Dusk. For reference, I have fair to light skin (LM Warm Ivory) with yellow to neutral undertones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This new bronzer from Smashbox is part of the new Ray of Light collection released early 2006. Its a limited edition bronzer in a gold large round pot with clear twist off cover. Dawn is the matte bronzer while Dusk is the shimmery one. Dawn has 5 lines of color in a white, a dark peach, a light peach, a light brown and a darker brown. This is less pigmented than the Dusk but still has enough pigment. If you put too much on, you can look orangey but if you use a light hand you can deposit a sheer wash of color that is very natural without the shimmer. I like this but i dont love it. There are other bronzers i prefer. Retails for $28 but you get a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by holliday

I am an NC20, BE 1.2, Stila 20 Watts. I originally bought both dawn and dusk. However, dusk was too dark and peachy for my skintone so I ended up returning it. I really like dawn, though. It adds a very subtle warmth to my pale skin. Even though it is matte, the color alone gives me a beautiful healthy glow which I really need in the winter time especially. The powder is soft and easy to blend. It is not streaky at all. Unlike other bronzers, it does not make me look too orange or muddy which is frequently a problem for me. I've also been using this as an eyeshadow on lazy days. I highly recommend this product while it's still available. For $28, you get a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2006 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

This was love at first sight for me. This is a new bronzer/blush from Smashbox that is one of the Fusion products; it is the size of a normal Soft Lights (huge) and has five stripes of color - white, peach, russet brown, coral, and beige. It is very warm and stunningly gorgeous. Like all Soft Lights, it's quite silky in texture and gives you a lit-from-within glow. This is the matte version; there is one called Smashing Dusk in slightly different colors that is quite shimmery. Normally I'm not a fan of these striped bronzers/highlighters but this is HG status. NC30.