Weleda Almond Face Cream

3.9

ALMOND SOOTHING FACIAL LOTION--used to be called ALMOND MOISTURE CREAM: Water , Sweet Almond oil, Alcohol*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Plum, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid. ALMOND SOOTHING FACIAL CREAM--used to be called ALMOND INTENSIVE FACIAL CREAM: Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Alcohol*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Prunus Domestica, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid.

on 11/29/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this for $21.99 ($23.99 with a $2.00 off coupon) for a one ounce tube at Whole Foods - instead of my Usually Dr. Hauschka which is $42.00. So far I like it but not as well as the Dr. H. Safe ingredient list. I have dry skin and it is winter so, so far, so good.

on 9/14/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Weleda Almond Face Cream is an average moisturiser at best. The high alcohol content of this cream may be drying in the long term. I bought the Almond Cream and the Almond Cleansing Lotion while I was having a bout of sensitive skin due to excessive washing. Both of the products calmed my skin down but in a week or so I felt my skin started to get drier. It also enlarged my pores. I would not repurchase this product as it is not a good moisturiser and quite drying even after a short while. I gave this product two lippies for the effort on Weleda's part, as the market seriously lacks natural products that aren't doused with heavy smelling, irritating essential oils which usually spell disaster for sensitive skin types like mine.

on 9/13/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Very hydrating, broke me out a little at first but thats to be expected any time you switch skin care regimens. I stuck with it for a week and now my skin looks glowy and luminous and fresh. This seems to work great under mineral powder makeup and foundation (sometimes I mix it with my foundation to make my makeup easier to apply).

on 4/21/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This face cream is consistently ranked as the best for sensitive skin and for purity by sites like GoodGuide and EWG. So of course I had to try it out. I have dry skin most of the year that turns combination dry/oily in the humid summers of NYC. I found that this cream wasn't moisturizing enough even in April, when the indoor humidity was over 50. Maybe it would be ok in July? It also leaves a slight sheen, but I always use blotting papers after putting on makeup so it doesn't matter that much. It does provide a nice soft, smooth surface for applying your makeup.

To make it more moisturizing, I started layering Evanhealy's Rosehip Serum (currently using the Rose one) underneath it. I layer on the serum, let it absorb for like 5 minutes, then layer on the Almond Cream. It takes a while to absorb, but my skin feels really nurtured and looks great. However, I will definitely have to use oil blotting papers after I put on my makeup.

It's great that this moisturizer is so pure and affordable, but I guess almond oil as a main ingredient isn't my fav. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, but it doesn't moisturize or absorb as well as it could either. I wish Weleda would make a jojoba oil face moisturizer.

on 3/16/2014 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was a bit skeptical after looking at the ingredients, they seemed so basic! Yet for whatever reason this cream really works. It is the best cream ever for sensitive skin that reacts to everything like mine (anything synthetic or even essential oils will set it off). Will never be w/o from now on. The cleanser is also fantastic, btw.

on 3/14/2014 12:30:00 PM

This product is one of the best facial creams I have ever used. I love the smell and the consistency of the cream. I would reccommend this cream for anyone with acne prone or sensative skin, :)

on 2/23/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great face cream. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, absorbs quickly, and is very moisturizing. I wish it was less expensive, but will still probably buy again.

on 11/12/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used this almond face cream a few years ago and my skin loved this. I used the cream in the fall/winter and the face lotion version of this in the spring/summer. My skin type is normal/combination and I am prone to hormonal breakouts along the jawline. This cream smells lovely, it is quite thick but spreads nicely and feels comfortable on the skin and I love the slight glow it gives my dull, very pale skin. I remember that I stopped using this product because of the packaging, the lid was always breaking. I also can only find this at one health food store in my city and it is almost $30 for a tube which is comparable to high end skin care brands and I do not consider Weleda to be a high end brand, though it is my favourite natural brand. I will continue to use this cream, it definitely does the trick and my skin loves it especially now that winter is here!

on 8/20/2013 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have much redness in my face and because of this cream it reduced so I'm very happy. And I have sensitive skin and my skin doesn't react on this daycream. I really really like this daycream! And it's also affordable so if you're intrested, give it a try :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this with the Cleansing Lotion and my terrible, prematurely tight and dry skin is finally loosening up and getting plump and happy! The cream really seems to set into the skin rather than just sitting on the surface; because it has very few ingredients, I doubt it's likely to cause anyone to break out. It could be a bit too thick for my more normal- or oily-complected peers, but I would say even then to give it a try.

Popular Moisturizers