August 1, 2014 | 969 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Almond Face Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This face cream is consistently ranked as the best for sensitive skin and for purity by sites like GoodGuide and EWG. So of course I had to try it out. I have dry skin most of the year that turns combination dry/oily in the humid summers of NYC. I found that this cream wasn't moisturizing enough even in April, when the indoor humidity was over 50. Maybe it would be ok in July? It also leaves a slight sheen, but I always use blotting papers after putting on makeup so it doesn't matter that much. It does provide a nice soft, smooth surface for applying your makeup.

To make it more moisturizing, I started layering Evanhealy's Rosehip Serum (currently using the Rose one) underneath it. I layer on the serum, let it absorb for like 5 minutes, then layer on the Almond Cream. It takes a while to absorb, but my skin feels really nurtured and looks great. However, I will definitely have to use oil blotting papers after I put on my makeup.

It's great that this moisturizer is so pure and affordable, but I guess almond oil as a main ingredient isn't my fav. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, but it doesn't moisturize or absorb as well as it could either. I wish Weleda would make a jojoba oil face moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Kiscica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was a bit skeptical after looking at the ingredients, they seemed so basic! Yet for whatever reason this cream really works. It is the best cream ever for sensitive skin that reacts to everything like mine (anything synthetic or even essential oils will set it off). Will never be w/o from now on. The cleanser is also fantastic, btw.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mariasolla

This product is one of the best facial creams I have ever used. I love the smell and the consistency of the cream. I would reccommend this cream for anyone with acne prone or sensative skin, :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by PlantStrong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great face cream. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, absorbs quickly, and is very moisturizing. I wish it was less expensive, but will still probably buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this almond face cream a few years ago and my skin loved this. I used the cream in the fall/winter and the face lotion version of this in the spring/summer. My skin type is normal/combination and I am prone to hormonal breakouts along the jawline. This cream smells lovely, it is quite thick but spreads nicely and feels comfortable on the skin and I love the slight glow it gives my dull, very pale skin. I remember that I stopped using this product because of the packaging, the lid was always breaking. I also can only find this at one health food store in my city and it is almost $30 for a tube which is comparable to high end skin care brands and I do not consider Weleda to be a high end brand, though it is my favourite natural brand. I will continue to use this cream, it definitely does the trick and my skin loves it especially now that winter is here!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have much redness in my face and because of this cream it reduced so I'm very happy. And I have sensitive skin and my skin doesn't react on this daycream. I really really like this daycream! And it's also affordable so if you're intrested, give it a try :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this with the Cleansing Lotion and my terrible, prematurely tight and dry skin is finally loosening up and getting plump and happy! The cream really seems to set into the skin rather than just sitting on the surface; because it has very few ingredients, I doubt it's likely to cause anyone to break out. It could be a bit too thick for my more normal- or oily-complected peers, but I would say even then to give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Lessandes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product for two reasons:

First of all, I got more and more interested in natural cosmetics, especially when it comes to skin care stuff, since I have pretty dry skin which tends to be irritaed if not cared for in the right way.

Second, the SMELL!!!! I loved it from the first time....it smells like marzipan and I love sweet fragrances to death.

The product is kinda pricey, although I got a small discount.

I used it as a moisturizer for the night, since I noticed that it too rich for using it on daytime. It has a medium thickness, and it smells great, as mentioned before.

But now the disadvantages start.
About 10-20 minutes after I applied it to my face, the skin starts feeling tight and itchy but still greasy...which is a strange combination since I experience this feelings normally when my skin is too dry, after cleaning my face or removing make-up.
I tried it a couple of times after that and it is always the same..application => itchy!
I wanted to give my skin some time to get used to it, but after about 8 days with itchiness I see no chance anymore that this product will work for me.
I can reduce the itchiness a bit by mixing it with the almond oil, but still it feels weird and I don't see any sense in having two buy two products to make one of them work....

I'm really disappointed with that stuff and I definitely don't want to buy it again. I use it now as a handcream and it works well on my hands. But cheaper products have done that as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was super tired of experimenting with moisturizers. None had given me what I wanted. So I decided to go for this one, cause Weleda has never let me down in the past and people told me that this moisturizer is great for dry skin.
It is kinda pricey, but I figured it was worth it instead of buying 10 other cheap ones that do nothing.
I use this one as a night cream now and am very happy with it. It does what it says - intense moisture.
My skin feels great and smooth afterwards.
I would not use it during the days (maybe in extreme winter) cause I don't think makeup would last very long with this.
But as a nightcream it works perfectly and my skin feels great in the morning.
The texture is rather thin for such moisturizing effect.

I ended up not giving 5 lippies, cause the price just kills me. But I will probably repurchase anyway.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Camstar1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love wELEdA like a crazzzzzy woman!!!
I don't particularly have dry skin but I love it nonetheless!!!
My husband buys it for me as a treat, and then steals it every morning, and I don't blame him.

The scent is heavenly and not overpowering.
The texture is brilliant especially for winter.
The price...well, it's a treat like I said, so don't abuse it.
Organic and fair traded, so big up to Weleda.

XX