September 2, 2014 | 1923 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Longing EDT EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another favorite here! Soft, light and very feminine! Never overpowering.
But, it didn't stay on me for very long, which really sucked!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Mr_Mellow

I haven't had much experience with this scent. I've known 4 women who have worn it (all under 25 yo), and it smelled great on all of them. The one woman who "thought" I should wear it too (doused me right out of the shower), may have done me a favor. I never felt comfortable wearing scents that smelled sort-of-like food or something to eat or drink. Longing EDP has a strong "cake" or pastry smell perhaps due to it's cinnamon(?) or vanilla(?), but it definitely isn't a turn-off. Like many Coty fragrances, Longing is a very strong scent. You should be careful wearing it, but even with a heavy dose, I didn't get a headache or watery-puffy eyes, which sometimes happens to me with ultra-strong perfumes.

I've been a "5 sensitive senses" guy since my eleventh birthday when I went for the first of my twice monthly haircuts at a classic British barber. The mirrored walls and counters were lined with hundreds of fragrances, including every men's product made by Creed, yardley, Acqua di Parma, Stephans, Pinaud, Mennen, Victor and Caswell and well as dozens of fragrances from France, Germany and the Caribbean. I have always found the mood making capabilities of certain scents to be fascinating and I have worn hundreds of scents for men and dozens of female-marketed fragrances when they suited me.

Longing by Coty comes across as very alive, and almost aggressively feminine. It has a few caveats. #1 it doesn't mix with every men's fragrance on the planet, AND since it is so-o-o-o strong and long lasting, if it blots out your man's fragrance, it will "blot it out" the whole night through. #2 Longing might be the most "chemistry-sensitive" fragrance I've ever encountered (many food-y scents seem to be ultra-sensitive to a woman's (or man's) chemistry). A number of women told me that they didn't like how Longing smelled on them, but this is hear-say because I didn't get the chance to smell it on them myself. The women who liked Longing smelled great with it on them. Young, agressive (almost forceful) women can project their persona by wearing this fragrance. So how did it smell on me? I liked it especially after the first 15 minutes. We made quite a pair as our fragrance "a deux" may have projected for hundreds of feet in all directions. I would definitely buy this scent for any of the young ladies who wore it while they were with me. I might even buy a tiny bottle of it myself to layer under a Key Lime top note linear scent. I find aggressive women very stimulating, so this scent is interesting to me. I did notice a few men who seemed overwhelmed by it, but I'm not one of those guys and I rather enjoyed being with young women who enjoyed reveling in their female-ness, not caring what others thought. Longing isn't for the shy or retiring wallflower, but on the right woman it's very ... tasty. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

This was also my signature scent my senior year of high school. Recently I went searching on a fragrance website for Navy (a gift for Mom) and came across Longing again. It was under $5 so I figured I would buy one for myself. Having many fragrances on my shelf I was shocked to notice I was reaching for the Longing again and again. Its a powerful scent and should be used sparingly. Not overly sweet and just the right amount of floral. Love this scent. Although I can't seem to find it as easily I will definitly stock up in case this great scent should disappear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2005 5:24:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My grandmother gave a giftset of Longing EDT & Longing Talc to me for a birthday present in 1995. I have long since used up the perfume. I still have the talc and it smells just as lovely as the day my beloved grandmother gave it to me. I just purchased a new bottle of the EDT off of ebay to enjoy.Longing is a floral oriental. To my nose it's a blend of fresh flowers, citrus, musk, woods and moss. Really, this fragrance does set the stage for "Longing" for a lost love. 5 lippies for the memories it envokes! continued >>