July 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Skincare - Body - DHC - Hydrating Ceramide Body Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by roskandy

I have suddenly-sensitive skin that gets REALLY REALLY itchy for no apparent reason (I thought it was because it got colder, but this year it started when it was still 60-70). While browsing, I decided to buy this cream.

'Cream' is not the right word for this moisturizer. It's actually really runny (as if it were mixed with water). It also contains something kinda like menthol (? I don't remember right now) which may irritate skin but it was fine for me.

When I started to use this, I noticed a difference right away. My skin is back to being summer-soft, and within a day, I stopped being itchy! I'm not sure if the lotion was what stopped the itchy-ness but I did notice instant relief when I first put it on.

Give this stuff a chance if you have dry skin :) It doesn't look like it does much (right away that is) and it doesn't feel luxurious or anything, but it works! On the other hand, if you DONT have dry skin, I doubt you'd notice anything with this. :) So keep that in mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by riversiren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree that this isn't quite as moisturizing as it I would like--but anything that is seems to be greasy. I have put DHC's Skin Softener in a spray mister; occasionally, I will use that as a primer, but it's expensive to do so!
If I use their Body Silker a couple/ three times a week it helps.
The HCBC is pretty runny, but it absorbs quickly and doesn't have an odor to fight with my perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 3:58:00 AM More reviews by skinnut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love it! Specially great when my skin is dry and irritated. Fragrance free, soothing and hydrating. It is runny in texture, spreads easily and absorbs quickly into the skin. Does not leave residue and quickly moisturizes. It keeps my skin soft and hydrated all day. It comes in a plastic 8 oz bottle for $19 USD. The price is a bit steep for me but it is well worth it. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2002 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

I agree with the two previous reviews, this lotion was runny and was not moisturizing enough.. it also kind of felt sticky. DHC's products are fragrance free.. so you can imagine what this smells like. I dont think I would purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2002 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this lotion very runny and not moisturizing enough, in fact I haven't found anything to my liking for years. Only thing that I like about this is it's total lack of scent. Aveeno's lotions last a lot longer and are definitely more moisturizing, but has this faintly annoying smell. Now, if we could get the non-smell of this together with the Aveeno formulation, I'd definitely go for it and make it a staple.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2002 11:47:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Supposedly this works with ceramides from soy germ to smooth and moisture the skin my causing it to retain moisture. It has olive oil and squalene(?) to smooth & soften. It is unscented and also very runny. It did make my skin feel soft, but it still felt dry. This is not like a normal moisturizer, and I still felt like I needed to moisturize my legs which are my problem dry area. It's only 18.oo for a 8.4 oz. bottle. I tried 3 samples 3 nights in a row, and really felt it was doing nothing. I used it after applying the tonic. I may get a full bottle just to see if it works, but I think it is probably a waste of money. It definitely softens, but just doesn't seem to moisturize. Nothing ever works like La Mer Body serum followed by Fresh Soy or Casswell Massey Beauty Nectar. La Mer serum smells like fish, but it really works! :)