Thayers Rose Petal Alcohol Free Witch Hazel

4.2

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

on 4/25/2015 10:28:00 AM

Been longing to try this toner because its alcohol free, no parabens and other scary chemicals. I finally give it a try about weeks ago and so far my reactions are:

- The rose smell is very strong. For me it still bearable, so i don't mind.
- HUGE BOTTLE. I always drop it because its too huge to fit in my vanity.
- It really does clean my face. After use this, the cotton pad looks dirty which is good, showing that this toner is remove the dirt
- refreshing. a little

will I repurchase? i dont think i will. overall it is a good toner.

on 4/2/2015 10:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought a bottle of this for $10 at Whole Foods. I have been using it for about 1 month, day and night and there's still 2/3 of the bottle left. So even though it seems a bit pricey, it really does last a good amount of time as long as you're careful when pouring it onto a cotton pad. I wish it were in a spray bottle so that application would be easier, but that's my personal preference.
It has a faint rose smell, but it's incredibly light and non-offensive.
As for how good the product works, I feel a bit uncertain. It hasn't irritated my skin or caused me to break out in any way. It hasn't caused dryness or created dry spots on my face (which my previous toner did, ugh). So it hasn't given me any problems. However, it hasn't given me spectacular results either. It does help remove any leftover make-up or dirt from my face, helping keep my face feeling clean and refreshed. But it doesn't soften my skin, or help with acne/occasional pimples like it has for other users.
Not sure if I'll repurchase. I might try the cucumber one instead once I finish this.
Overall, it is a nice toner. I'd rate it a 3.5/5 if I could.

on 3/11/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've oily face, this toner is refreshing, and cleanse my face well. It moisturizing and non-drying, and have a rosy smell (quite strong) but i'm alright with it. I think this toner is gentle to face. I did not experience breakout using this toner. However, i feel that my face is oily after some time using this toner. I don't think this toner helps to control the oiliness in face. I like their packaging too very vintage feel and is cheap and value for money because i thin this toner can last 3 months or longer.. Overall, i am satisfy with this purchase, but i think i will try their other toner to see if whether it suit me better as i am looking for toner that will help control the oiliness in face, sadly this doesn't.

on 2/22/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

In my opinion toner isn't hugely neccessary, but if you're going to be adding one to your routine, I recommend this one. I'm always looking for more natural beauty products, so I ordered this from Amazon for a decent price. It make my skin appear less red and my pores seem tighter, which is great. I struggle with acne so I always feel like I'm rolling the dice when adding a new facial product but this doesn't break me out at all! I also have dry skin around my chin and cheeks from using benzoyl peroxide and the aloe vera in this helps keep that in check. I give this product 4 stars because it does create shine in my t-zone which I normally don't experience :( Not oily at all, but weird and reflective that looks oily from a distance. Using it sparingly and applying powder seems to help though. Overall, it does a nice job at making my skin look and feel healthier, cleaner and more moisturized. Would purchase again, but wouldnt be willing to drop more than the $8 I spent on it.

on 2/3/2015 7:00:00 PM

I'm not really sure what this toner is supposed to do, but it definitely smells nice. I like that it has witch hazel in it yet no alcohol. I might try the cucumber one next time but I'm still not fully sold on exactly what this stuff does..

on 1/7/2015 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

BEST toner I've ever used for so many reasons! It's really cheap first of all. Second, it makes my skin so soft and so clean. I swear it really gives me a super porcelain skinned look. Third, it has a nice cooling effect that is really soothing. But my favorite thing is the smell! I love rose scented things, it's actually one of the reasons why I wanted to try it. Highly recommended for my fellow oily skinned people!

on 12/29/2014 10:21:00 PM

I've tried multiple toners, from Korean brands to Neutrogena ones. I like this one. It's not harsh and it has a rosy smell (sometimes it gets too much but I can deal). Used about 4 bottles now and I'll probably stick with this one. It's about 8 dollars, but sometimes, vitamin shops have sales on it for buy 1 get 1 half off. YES PLEASE. That's when I stock up. I use it. Got my sister to use it. *thumbs up*

on 11/8/2014 10:41:00 PM

Heavenly smell of rose,can be overwhelming after awhile. Packaging is kinda vintage and cute.

It's soothing,give this refreshing feeling. Other than that,nothing much,have no effect on pores or whatever. I have normal skin, no major flaws,so I stick to this for almost a bottle.

Until one day, I decided to soak it in cotton pad and pat on my face like a mask,it made my face burnt like crazy,even my eyes tear from the irritation. Removed it immediately and my face were red.After some research,I found out excessive witch hazel on face is the cause for this. I still like this toner overall, cheap and mild, but maybe will look for something more effective.

on 10/24/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as i have been searching for alcohol-free toner and one that is as natural as possible. It works great, but not that much tho. It does make my skin smooth and I feel fresh afterwards. I have to say I love applying it on my skin. However, after using it for a while, I think it doesnt make any difference to my skin, aside from the fresh and clean sensation. It does nothing to my super huge pores :(. I will buy the original one after I have finish the rose one, just to try different flavor.

on 10/14/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I enjoy this product but I honestly cant tell the difference between this and regular witch hazel. It smells lovely and I usually find it on sale at Vit Shoppe. Besides witch hazel is sort of expensive anyway so why not spring for the fancy kind?