July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Toners - Thayers - Rose Petal Alcohol Free Witch Hazel

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to work out because of all the glowing reviews. However my face would turn red after I used this and I'm pretty sure it helped to make me break out, too. Would not re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateBobka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this toner at first and for those of you who don't care what you put on your body I'm sure you'll like it as well. However, I do my best to not use ANY chemicals (parabens, petrochemicals, mineral oil, phthalates etc etc) in my cosmetics and body products and Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner contain Grapefruit Seed Extract as a preservative. You can read more about it on this awesome website that catalogues chemicals (http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/most-controversial/2010/1/27/the-truth-about-grapefruit-seed-extract.html). I am personally going to go back to using ACV (apple cider vinegar) as a toner. I don't want chemicals on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Witch hazel has been without fail a fantastic toner for me, no matter what my age or skin condition, and Thayers is simply the best.
I love the clean feeling I get from it, the moisturising effect, the gorgeous smell, the natural ingredients, and the cheap price! My skin is so clean, refreshed, and my pores look smaller when I use it - it's one of those classic old-school skincare products that really works for me. I've used the original and the rose, and the cucumber and lavender are definitely on my list to try too.

The ONLY other toner that I've found as effective is Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean toner, but for the price, Thayers beats it every time.

I should note I have super dry, generally clear skin with hormonal breakouts. I have however, used this when I was younger and had oilier skin and found that it was just effective for me. I have repurchased, and I will repurchase again and again as I absolutely adore this stuff. HG for me! <3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sierramatilda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently trying to get my skin back on track after a negative experience with the oil cleansing method. I was previously using Proactiv for my skin and it was working perfectly, but I've decided that I want to try more natural methods of doing pretty much everything in my life and I started with the OCM. It started to break me out and at first I thought my skin was just detoxing and getting used to me switching over to a new routine, but it soon became clear that oil cleansing just wasnt for me.
Now I'm using St Ives Apricot Scrub (not all natural, I know) to get my skin clear again before I try something else. It's working really well and I just bought the Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel because toners have always aided in getting my skin clear in the past. This product isnt working for me at all. After I use the St Ives scrub, the bumps I have feel much smaller and I can tell that they will soon be gone, but when I follow-up with the Thayers, they feel instantly bigger (or back to the previous size) and I can tell that they arent going anywhere.
I dont know what it is about this product because toners usually do work for me. It's really gentle, doesnt burn at all and doesnt have a strong smell, I assume because it's alcohol free. I think I'm going to return this product and exchange it for the lemon astrigent by the same brand. Maybe the alcohol is what I'm missing in this product

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by cinders915

Not sure why, it hurts and burns slightly each time I use it. Smell is lovely but maybe just not for my skin type?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

One of my favorites for a long time. I love to throw a little in the face steamer, and it makes skin smooth & tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Rocoloco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use Asian toner/lotions but based on many positive reviews, I decided to try the Thayers toner. The scent is lovely and this toner feels very refreshing. I apply it using a cotton pad to remove any dirt or makeup left on my face after cleansing. I have large pores and blackheads at my nose area so I will soak a cotton pad with the solution and place it over my nose like a "mask". I have seen some slight improvement in my pores.

However, there has been no extraordinary difference in the appearance of my face. For me, it is just an okay product that helps to tighten my pores slightly. I think I will alternate this product with my other Asian toners which do a better job at brightening and moisturizing my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Lovemakeup55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best skincare product I have ever tried. It really improves your skin. Every time I use it my skin feels so soft and refreshed!!! It minimizes your pores, it really does!!! It improves skin texture and helps to diminishe breakouts. Also it moistures your face but your skin doesn't feel sticky. It is so important for people with oily skin. U dont even need to apply moisturizer after. And it is cheap and affordable! Miracle in a bottle! Go get it!!! U won't regret! I promise!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is incredible. it really removes the dirt is left after i cleanse. my skin feels much more balanced after using this. its has all natural ingredients which is a big thing for me. it helps my sometimes spotty and very oily skin. my skin is radiant now!!! it works so well i adore it! i use it twice a day and a little goes a long way - a real plus is that the bottle is very big for a toner. the smell is divine - the roses really are loud and proud!!!! the witch hazel helps with my skin and the aloe makes sure my skin doesn't dry out or get tight

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best toner I have ever used. Does not leave my combo skin dry or itchy. My skin looks so clear and my pores seem tighter. I use several times a day. It almost seems to leave my skin a little moisturized with NO Breakouts. I hope they never stop making this product.