September 17, 2014 | 1923 users online

Toners - Thayers - Rose Petal Alcohol Free Witch Hazel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Bargedyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most amazing toner I've ever used. I tend to stick with high end products but this has blew me away. It's calms my skin, helps to prevent acne with witch hazel, and just feels great. I have repurchased this time and time again. I've tried other toners, high and low end, but this one always remains my staple. I purchase mine at GNC.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyrunner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had perfect skin and then ruined it with facials and fancy, expensive products. I decided to simplify my routine to neutrogena acne wash, this toner and cerave moisturizer. My skin is repairing and clearing up more and more every day. This toner has really helped my skin. It's refreshing, cheap and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by raelmoore

I adore this stuff. I use it after cleansing with almond oil and/or milk powder, as the liquid portion of my clay masks, and to moisten the cotton gauze for a sheet masks. Helps my skin stay smooth, clear, and retain moisture. Plus, it smells great! I hate the packaging but decanting into a better container easily solves that problem. I have repurchased a number of times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. I use it to remove eye makeup, to wash my face, to set makeup, to refresh my skin, and as a toner. It does not over dry my skin. Very moisturizing and effective. Leaves my skin soft and clear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because my skin likes both rose water and aloe, so it seemed like a no brainer. I'm going back to my plain old Cortas rose water though, a pain in the arse as it is to sterilise a spray bottle for applying it. I don't see the benefit of this over just plain rose water, and these are negatives for me:

-The bottle is a pain in the neck. I manage to spill toner every time I use it, I hate it.

- If you get this in your eyes or mouth, you're going to regret it. Granted, toner isn't for eyes or drinking, but plain rose water doesn't sting my eyes, and sure doesn't taste like alcohol mixed with earwax. If you even get some toner on your lips and it dries, and you then unfortunately lick them (even hours later), you're going to be walking around grimacing and people will think there's something wrong with you.

- My water turned an off-putting off-yellow colour after only a few weeks. I have no idea why, I kept it in the original bottle, and it doesn't get any sun...

TL;DR - I see no benefits over plain rose water, and this is more expensive, went stale faster, has more ingredients (increased chance of reaction) and it tastes awful. I'd give it a pass if I were you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you ever need to purchase a toner, then this is the only one you should consider buying! It's absolutely incredible

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sweetzms

If I could give this 0 lippies I would. This product is the worst. Right when I started using it my face broke out in horrible cystic acne all over. At first I didn't realize that it was from this product because its supposed to be natural, so I kept using it for a month and a half, and my skin kept getting worse and worse. Right as soon as I figured it out and stopped using it, no new cysts have developed and the current ones are healing. Too bad I didn't realize it sooner, because now I have dark red scars all over my face. I would not recommend this product at all to anyone with sensitive skin. Now I just use straight up pure rose water from the grocery store (Cortas brand- can be found in middle Eastern grocery stores or in the international food aisle in most grocery stores) the smell is a million times better and it leaves my skin so soft and bright.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AnabelSahagun

LOVE THIS!!! I have been trying to clear my skin from pretty bad acne for SO long, but even "best" stuff wasn't getting it done. I tried going all natural and eating super healthy and that only made a very slight difference. But the second I started using this toner, my whole face started clearing up pretty much immediately!!! I was in shock and SO excited to see this work magic! I've been using it for about 3 weeks and everyday my akin gets better and better! It not only completely cleans my face and makes it feel fresh, but it also kind of moisturizers it in a weird way. I HIGHLY recommend this product. Miracle worker on acne. AND it's such a good price for a lot of amazing roduct.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to work out because of all the glowing reviews. However my face would turn red after I used this and I'm pretty sure it helped to make me break out, too. Would not re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateBobka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this toner at first and for those of you who don't care what you put on your body I'm sure you'll like it as well. However, I do my best to not use ANY chemicals (parabens, petrochemicals, mineral oil, phthalates etc etc) in my cosmetics and body products and Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner contain Grapefruit Seed Extract as a preservative. You can read more about it on this awesome website that catalogues chemicals (http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/most-controversial/2010/1/27/the-truth-about-grapefruit-seed-extract.html). I am personally going to go back to using ACV (apple cider vinegar) as a toner. I don't want chemicals on my skin.