December 18, 2014 | 875 users online

Toners - Thayers - Rose Petal Alcohol Free Witch Hazel

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Ratten1996

Heavenly smell of rose,can be overwhelming after awhile. Packaging is kinda vintage and cute.

It's soothing,give this refreshing feeling. Other than that,nothing much,have no effect on pores or whatever. I have normal skin, no major flaws,so I stick to this for almost a bottle.

Until one day, I decided to soak it in cotton pad and pat on my face like a mask,it made my face burnt like crazy,even my eyes tear from the irritation. Removed it immediately and my face were red.After some research,I found out excessive witch hazel on face is the cause for this. I still like this toner overall, cheap and mild, but maybe will look for something more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by ninajae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this as i have been searching for alcohol-free toner and one that is as natural as possible. It works great, but not that much tho. It does make my skin smooth and I feel fresh afterwards. I have to say I love applying it on my skin. However, after using it for a while, I think it doesnt make any difference to my skin, aside from the fresh and clean sensation. It does nothing to my super huge pores :(. I will buy the original one after I have finish the rose one, just to try different flavor.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I enjoy this product but I honestly cant tell the difference between this and regular witch hazel. It smells lovely and I usually find it on sale at Vit Shoppe. Besides witch hazel is sort of expensive anyway so why not spring for the fancy kind?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by imminentfate

TL;DR: WITCH HAZEL IS BAD FOR YOUR SKIN. If it tingles, it is IRRITATING YOUR SKIN! Especially if your skin is DRY, SENSITIVE, and/or ACNE-PRONE. Throw this product out immediately!!!

I fell for the whole Witch Hazel hype and I thought it was great that this didn't have alcohol because alcohol irritates and dries out the skin. I liked the way this toner felt because it left my skin feeling tingly and squeaky clean and I thought that the redness that I got after using this was good because it meant that my acne was being dried up. I was so wrong. I was browsing Paula's Choice one day and I stumbled upon the revelation that witch hazel is actually a skin irritant, and tingling and redness are BIG signs of irritation! I immediately stopped using this product (I had been using it for a year or so) and I noticed a clear improvement in the texture and redness of my skin. Bottom line, please throw out any and all witch hazel products you have!!! Also, note that even if this product does NOT make your skin tingle and turn it red, it is still irritating it on the molecular level.. it's just that the level of irritation is lower so it's not visible to you. Please do not sacrifice your skin!!!!!

ALSO this is a little tangential but when I was using this product I absolutely loathed the packaging, everytime I travelled this product would leak HORRIBLY (good thing it's cheap otherwise I would have been so mad) and I eventually had to order a new bottle just for travelling that I could afford to lose a quarter of without running out of toner halfway through my trip. Oh and I had to store it in a ziploc bag everytime. Not worth the effort!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by therose12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

YES...I love this! I believe in the 3 steps of facial care, but because I have super sensitive skin(Rosacea), I have had a problem doing step 2(toner). I have been using this for about 2 years now and just love it.
It got rid of any trace of foundation left behind and makes your skin feel clean and fresh. The 12 oz. bottle last a very long time and the price is under $10.00.
A must have in your beauty regiment...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

smells amazing! I use this after washing my face to get every drop of makeup off. Big bottle, affordable and doesnt dry out my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by dwisfiean4

So few months back i was desperately finding for a new toner because my previous toner is piece of shit and if i were to stop using that shitty toner, my face wouldnt be toned and fresh however after some research about some toner that suits my skin type, i found this Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner and read all the positive reviews from many people. So i decided to purchase it online. The first time i use this toner on my face, it gives my face the fresh look and there's no redness at all! MIRACLE MUCH?? Usually when i apply toner, some spots on my face will be red. However this toner doesnt give me redness, it only reduce it! Probably because it is alcohol-free. It also makes my face fresh and moisturized since it has aloe vera thing inside. However what i dont like about this toner is that it makes my pores open.. like i totally can see my pores getting larger. Maybe it's due to the humid weather & scorching sun in Singapore that makes my pores clogged and open. Idk? Now my face have my whiteheads and my pores are large, omg :( I wanna change to another better toner but idk which toner is perfect for me :'( Is there any other toners that close my pores or make my face have less whiteheads ??? SIGHHHH. Overall, this toner is kinda great to use. My cousin even liked it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by oliveandchloe

Love this product! I have dry skin and tends to flake very easily no matter the season, which was driving me crazy. I didn't use toner before in my daily routine and couldn't figure out why I kept flaking even when I was using serum, a good moisturizer and exfoliating every couple of days. Finally when I was reading an article about Korean skincare, I decided to include extra steps in my routine including a toner. This was highly rated on Amazon and for the price, I decided to try it out - it absolutely turned my skin around! No more flakes or dryness, my skin is much smoother and moisturized throughout the day. Now looking back, I think the ph balance in my skin was probably off and this toner has helped to restore it or do something with my natural moisture barrier. Whatever it is, it's done wonders for me and I highly highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin problems!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by mrains

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So far, I love this product. I have very bad acne around my jaw line and ears. It cleared it up and left my skin vibrant and healthy. I am very sensitive to everything, and this didn't make me red or breakout ... yet. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Bargedyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most amazing toner I've ever used. I tend to stick with high end products but this has blew me away. It's calms my skin, helps to prevent acne with witch hazel, and just feels great. I have repurchased this time and time again. I've tried other toners, high and low end, but this one always remains my staple. I purchase mine at GNC.