October 2, 2014 | 1838 users online

Toners - Thayers - Rose Petal Alcohol Free Witch Hazel

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by dwisfiean4

So few months back i was desperately finding for a new toner because my previous toner is piece of shit and if i were to stop using that shitty toner, my face wouldnt be toned and fresh however after some research about some toner that suits my skin type, i found this Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner and read all the positive reviews from many people. So i decided to purchase it online. The first time i use this toner on my face, it gives my face the fresh look and there's no redness at all! MIRACLE MUCH?? Usually when i apply toner, some spots on my face will be red. However this toner doesnt give me redness, it only reduce it! Probably because it is alcohol-free. It also makes my face fresh and moisturized since it has aloe vera thing inside. However what i dont like about this toner is that it makes my pores open.. like i totally can see my pores getting larger. Maybe it's due to the humid weather & scorching sun in Singapore that makes my pores clogged and open. Idk? Now my face have my whiteheads and my pores are large, omg :( I wanna change to another better toner but idk which toner is perfect for me :'( Is there any other toners that close my pores or make my face have less whiteheads ??? SIGHHHH. Overall, this toner is kinda great to use. My cousin even liked it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by oliveandchloe

Love this product! I have dry skin and tends to flake very easily no matter the season, which was driving me crazy. I didn't use toner before in my daily routine and couldn't figure out why I kept flaking even when I was using serum, a good moisturizer and exfoliating every couple of days. Finally when I was reading an article about Korean skincare, I decided to include extra steps in my routine including a toner. This was highly rated on Amazon and for the price, I decided to try it out - it absolutely turned my skin around! No more flakes or dryness, my skin is much smoother and moisturized throughout the day. Now looking back, I think the ph balance in my skin was probably off and this toner has helped to restore it or do something with my natural moisture barrier. Whatever it is, it's done wonders for me and I highly highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin problems!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by mrains

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So far, I love this product. I have very bad acne around my jaw line and ears. It cleared it up and left my skin vibrant and healthy. I am very sensitive to everything, and this didn't make me red or breakout ... yet. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Bargedyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most amazing toner I've ever used. I tend to stick with high end products but this has blew me away. It's calms my skin, helps to prevent acne with witch hazel, and just feels great. I have repurchased this time and time again. I've tried other toners, high and low end, but this one always remains my staple. I purchase mine at GNC.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyrunner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had perfect skin and then ruined it with facials and fancy, expensive products. I decided to simplify my routine to neutrogena acne wash, this toner and cerave moisturizer. My skin is repairing and clearing up more and more every day. This toner has really helped my skin. It's refreshing, cheap and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by raelmoore

I adore this stuff. I use it after cleansing with almond oil and/or milk powder, as the liquid portion of my clay masks, and to moisten the cotton gauze for a sheet masks. Helps my skin stay smooth, clear, and retain moisture. Plus, it smells great! I hate the packaging but decanting into a better container easily solves that problem. I have repurchased a number of times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. I use it to remove eye makeup, to wash my face, to set makeup, to refresh my skin, and as a toner. It does not over dry my skin. Very moisturizing and effective. Leaves my skin soft and clear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because my skin likes both rose water and aloe, so it seemed like a no brainer. I'm going back to my plain old Cortas rose water though, a pain in the arse as it is to sterilise a spray bottle for applying it. I don't see the benefit of this over just plain rose water, and these are negatives for me:

-The bottle is a pain in the neck. I manage to spill toner every time I use it, I hate it.

- If you get this in your eyes or mouth, you're going to regret it. Granted, toner isn't for eyes or drinking, but plain rose water doesn't sting my eyes, and sure doesn't taste like alcohol mixed with earwax. If you even get some toner on your lips and it dries, and you then unfortunately lick them (even hours later), you're going to be walking around grimacing and people will think there's something wrong with you.

- My water turned an off-putting off-yellow colour after only a few weeks. I have no idea why, I kept it in the original bottle, and it doesn't get any sun...

TL;DR - I see no benefits over plain rose water, and this is more expensive, went stale faster, has more ingredients (increased chance of reaction) and it tastes awful. I'd give it a pass if I were you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you ever need to purchase a toner, then this is the only one you should consider buying! It's absolutely incredible

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sweetzms

If I could give this 0 lippies I would. This product is the worst. Right when I started using it my face broke out in horrible cystic acne all over. At first I didn't realize that it was from this product because its supposed to be natural, so I kept using it for a month and a half, and my skin kept getting worse and worse. Right as soon as I figured it out and stopped using it, no new cysts have developed and the current ones are healing. Too bad I didn't realize it sooner, because now I have dark red scars all over my face. I would not recommend this product at all to anyone with sensitive skin. Now I just use straight up pure rose water from the grocery store (Cortas brand- can be found in middle Eastern grocery stores or in the international food aisle in most grocery stores) the smell is a million times better and it leaves my skin so soft and bright.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No