September 2, 2014 | 1098 users online

Toners - Thayers - Rose Petal Alcohol Free Witch Hazel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because my skin likes both rose water and aloe, so it seemed like a no brainer. I'm going back to my plain old Cortas rose water though, a pain in the arse as it is to sterilise a spray bottle for applying it. I don't see the benefit of this over just plain rose water, and these are negatives for me:

-The bottle is a pain in the neck. I manage to spill toner every time I use it, I hate it.

- If you get this in your eyes or mouth, you're going to regret it. Granted, toner isn't for eyes or drinking, but plain rose water doesn't sting my eyes, and sure doesn't taste like alcohol mixed with earwax. If you even get some toner on your lips and it dries, and you then unfortunately lick them (even hours later), you're going to be walking around grimacing and people will think there's something wrong with you.

- My water turned an off-putting off-yellow colour after only a few weeks. I have no idea why, I kept it in the original bottle, and it doesn't get any sun...

TL;DR - I see no benefits over plain rose water, and this is more expensive, went stale faster, has more ingredients (increased chance of reaction) and it tastes awful. I'd give it a pass if I were you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you ever need to purchase a toner, then this is the only one you should consider buying! It's absolutely incredible

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sweetzms

If I could give this 0 lippies I would. This product is the worst. Right when I started using it my face broke out in horrible cystic acne all over. At first I didn't realize that it was from this product because its supposed to be natural, so I kept using it for a month and a half, and my skin kept getting worse and worse. Right as soon as I figured it out and stopped using it, no new cysts have developed and the current ones are healing. Too bad I didn't realize it sooner, because now I have dark red scars all over my face. I would not recommend this product at all to anyone with sensitive skin. Now I just use straight up pure rose water from the grocery store (Cortas brand- can be found in middle Eastern grocery stores or in the international food aisle in most grocery stores) the smell is a million times better and it leaves my skin so soft and bright.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AnabelSahagun

LOVE THIS!!! I have been trying to clear my skin from pretty bad acne for SO long, but even "best" stuff wasn't getting it done. I tried going all natural and eating super healthy and that only made a very slight difference. But the second I started using this toner, my whole face started clearing up pretty much immediately!!! I was in shock and SO excited to see this work magic! I've been using it for about 3 weeks and everyday my akin gets better and better! It not only completely cleans my face and makes it feel fresh, but it also kind of moisturizers it in a weird way. I HIGHLY recommend this product. Miracle worker on acne. AND it's such a good price for a lot of amazing roduct.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to work out because of all the glowing reviews. However my face would turn red after I used this and I'm pretty sure it helped to make me break out, too. Would not re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateBobka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this toner at first and for those of you who don't care what you put on your body I'm sure you'll like it as well. However, I do my best to not use ANY chemicals (parabens, petrochemicals, mineral oil, phthalates etc etc) in my cosmetics and body products and Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner contain Grapefruit Seed Extract as a preservative. You can read more about it on this awesome website that catalogues chemicals (http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/most-controversial/2010/1/27/the-truth-about-grapefruit-seed-extract.html). I am personally going to go back to using ACV (apple cider vinegar) as a toner. I don't want chemicals on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Witch hazel has been without fail a fantastic toner for me, no matter what my age or skin condition, and Thayers is simply the best.
I love the clean feeling I get from it, the moisturising effect, the gorgeous smell, the natural ingredients, and the cheap price! My skin is so clean, refreshed, and my pores look smaller when I use it - it's one of those classic old-school skincare products that really works for me. I've used the original and the rose, and the cucumber and lavender are definitely on my list to try too.

The ONLY other toner that I've found as effective is Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean toner, but for the price, Thayers beats it every time.

I should note I have super dry, generally clear skin with hormonal breakouts. I have however, used this when I was younger and had oilier skin and found that it was just effective for me. I have repurchased, and I will repurchase again and again as I absolutely adore this stuff. HG for me! <3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sierramatilda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently trying to get my skin back on track after a negative experience with the oil cleansing method. I was previously using Proactiv for my skin and it was working perfectly, but I've decided that I want to try more natural methods of doing pretty much everything in my life and I started with the OCM. It started to break me out and at first I thought my skin was just detoxing and getting used to me switching over to a new routine, but it soon became clear that oil cleansing just wasnt for me.
Now I'm using St Ives Apricot Scrub (not all natural, I know) to get my skin clear again before I try something else. It's working really well and I just bought the Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel because toners have always aided in getting my skin clear in the past. This product isnt working for me at all. After I use the St Ives scrub, the bumps I have feel much smaller and I can tell that they will soon be gone, but when I follow-up with the Thayers, they feel instantly bigger (or back to the previous size) and I can tell that they arent going anywhere.
I dont know what it is about this product because toners usually do work for me. It's really gentle, doesnt burn at all and doesnt have a strong smell, I assume because it's alcohol free. I think I'm going to return this product and exchange it for the lemon astrigent by the same brand. Maybe the alcohol is what I'm missing in this product

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by cinders915

Not sure why, it hurts and burns slightly each time I use it. Smell is lovely but maybe just not for my skin type?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

One of my favorites for a long time. I love to throw a little in the face steamer, and it makes skin smooth & tones.