September 16, 2014 | 2010 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ssmills

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first tried Laura Mercier in 2010 and have used this foundation powder every day since! I have a very difficult pinky/yellow skintone and liquid foundation would never match. This powder gives my acne prone skin great coverage and lasts most of the day without needing a touch-up (and I have a very oily t-zone!) The nurse at my dermatologist's office told me my skin looked great, I said no, it's just my makeup - she couldn't tell I had any on! I apply it with the LM powder brush. It wastes more product but looks a lot more natural than applying with a sponge. I go through a compact about every 6 weeks and just buy 2-3 at a time so I always have one on hand. It is expensive but I have not had to wear liquid foundation in 3 years!!! My HG foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am older and this powder does not work for me. I find the coverage very heavy. I also had trouble finding the shade I wanted. I have no. 2 and 3 shades, both seem pink. I have fair skin and use either the pink or yellow tones as I am so very neutral.
    I can see why younger people would like this
    foundation because I do believe it lasts well on the skin and in the summer . But, for me, I use it only as a setting powder, and that very sparingly. Even though I had used very little of this powder, I hit pan immediately. This compact has very little product, especially when compared to Estee Lauder and Lancome, which are very generous. To each his own. I have good skin and do not need but a little coverage. Update: I forgot to add that I love the little square puffs and ordered more:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Ndeva600

I originally started using this because my skin started to get quite oily during the summertime and I was going through packets and packets of oil absorbing sheets ... My friend recommended it and so I decided to try it. Well this helped a ton with that issue! It makes your skin look flawless if you have generally clear skin. I don't like to wear heavy makeup and this is perfect for me!

I do use this everyday as part of my makeup routine and it only lasts me about 3 months ... It runs at $40 at Nordstrom so it can add up if you reapply it during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sharemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

holy cow -- i just picked this up yesterday, after asking a Sephora employee what she recommended for a light powder foundation (usually I do a ton of research beforehand and don't consult with anyone in the store)... SO glad she pointed me in this direction!!

The color is a damn near PERFECT match for my super pale, but yellow-undertoned skin (I got the "real sand" color), and it just looked so smooth and nice when it went on... I was thoroughly impressed. Definitely my HG powder right now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I give this product 3/5 because i was not fully satisfied with this product. Starting off, i have mild/moderate acne and some acne scars that have a pink/purple pigmentation color. This powder foundation used together with concealer did not hide any of acne scars and actually made them stand out more. Additionally, Laura Mercier's Powder Foundation did not last very long while wearing it throughout the day. By the afternoon my makeup looked rubbed off and there was absolutely no coverage. The only benefit of this make up is that it did not break me out and I think it truly is made of quality ingredients. Unlike the over the counter products sold in super markets, i believe this is a well made product and will not cause irritation or breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect!!! Finely miled powder, high quality, lasts a long time. Great for my yellowy pale skin, best match I have ever found! Holy grail! On a lazy day I use this, over the tinted moisturizer this is gorgeous too. I can't say enough about this!! Doesn't break me out at all. At first if it's a I'll powdery, in 10 mins, totally melts in your skin! Lovely lovely!! Always will re buy this! I also rotate and use the oil free tinted moisturizer in porcelain. The powder I use the 1.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Littlemango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Control my very oily skin quite well, coverage was ok .. after oxidised it looks natural and does not required frequent touch up. the box was made of plastic and mirror was a little small else so far so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was one of the few products that didn't cause me to breakout, so I have to say that is a plus. It has great coverage however my skin is oily, and by the middle of the day I have blotchy, darker-than-normal spots on my cheeks where the foundation has become gooey. And it is not fixable! You have to completely remove your makeup midday and re-apply this if you need it to even last a total of 8 hours.

I cannot figure out why Laura Mercier only made this in 7 shades! They are not even close to one another. I had to buy No. 3 and then use a bronzer on top of it which never looked right because there was way too much powder on my face! I tried No. 4 and it didn't have the right color to it so I was unable to stick with No. 4 either.
    I switched to Aveda's Dual Foundation Powder and they offer more shades, and the texture and coverage is more natural but with more suitable color options!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this powder to replace Lorac's Evening Out, which was discontinued last year, and I still can't decide if I like this product or not. Here are the pros: it's oil-free, fragrance-free, doesn't break me out, has excellent coverage for a foundation powder, and gives you that soft, flawless look that we all want. But then there are the cons: it comes in very limited shades (7 in total) and tends to get chalky or cakey. I have this in No. 1 and No. 2 because I'm in between shades. The No. 1 is too yellow and light for me, while the No. 2 is too pink and dark for me. Right now, because it's summer, I can get away with wearing the No. 2 by itself, but otherwise, I have to blend the two shades. I don't mind doing that, but what bothers me is that the powder tends to get chalky. It does eventually "melt" into your skin, but even then, it still looks a bit cakey and settles into your pores (and I have small pores and wear a primer). I never had that problem with Evening Out, and I'm surprised that a foundation powder that gets such rave reviews would do that. To minimize the caking, I apply one layer of the powder with a kabuki brush. If I apply two layers, I get more of a flawless look, but then up close, the powder looks cakier, so I generally stick to one layer. This powder would probably look better at night, but in daytime or bright lighting, I feel that I have to check my face in the mirror more often.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by izaali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best powder foundation I have ever used. On my 5th one now. Great coverage, good for oil control. Only downside is the price.