Demeter Martini Pick Me Up Spray

2.9

on 7/15/2007 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this scent. I agree with everything the previous reviewer said about this: starts out very martini and olive, but dries down to a unique spice scent. Definitely a very unique scent. I also think its pretty dead on... Once I had someone ask me if I had been drinking when I was wearing this!

I quite like this one. It smells faintly of martinis & olives in the beginning...and it's very fun & different. As it drys down I get the clove notes more than anything, which makes it spicy and very wearable for me. It's not as long-lasting as I'd like, but that adds to its appeal in a way cuz it makes it just a soft, pleasant, hard-to-place fragrance. I like how another reviewer put it: Hard to place and hard to forget. (Or something like that, anyway!) :-)

on 11/10/2005 11:31:00 AM

I liked this, but, it didnt really smell like a martini. To me, it smells like cloves. However, I do like the scent cloves. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it's good anyway.

on 4/13/2004 12:31:00 AM

Could it be that Demeter actually put gin in this? Or dry vermouth? This fragrance reminds me of when your friend gets drunk and talks 2 inches away from your face. BLEH! It smells horrible! Maybe I'd appreciate this if I were abstaining from alcohol and needed some kind of gratification because this really does smell like the drink.

on 1/24/2004 5:00:00 PM

I love this scent! I hate florals... I was given this as a gift by a girlfriend who got it just right. Spicy, not to strong, edgy, very young. Just right for me. Smells a little olivey at first but then fades to a beautiful spicy blend. Hard to place and hard to forget.

on 1/21/2004 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited to receive this in a swap. Its not a bad scent, however, I don't think it smells like Martinis at all. I love olives and didn't detect any at all. I smelt it and sprayed it on me, and it made me sneeze which never happens with perfumes. My boyfriend was disgusted and laughing at me. Not a favorite of mine

on 12/5/2003 11:31:00 AM

A weird scent but I like it a lot- I wear it when I go on trips with my girlfriends and the scent is always assiociated with some of my best memories.

Definately not my type of scent. Smells like olives....and not good olives, either.

on 10/23/2003 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bleech! Did I say "Bleech"? sorry, I meant to say Bleeeeeeeeeccccccchhhhh! This is NOT for me. A male scent for sure but if any man I know wears this, they better stand far from me. This made me so sick, literally, that I jumped in the shower immediately and scrubbed it off. It took at least a half an hour to get this scent totally off. Figures the only Demeter with staying power is this one. Sheesh!

on 9/9/2003 8:12:00 PM

This did not smell at all like martinis(my drink of choice) and I could detect no olive note. BUT I do like it quite a bit, it's nice to spritz on when I am having a martini party or just chillin around the house. It's mild and doesn't last on me but I don't like strong fragrances so this works for me.

Popular Fragrances