April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well of course I had to buy this because of all the hype and because I generally like YSL products. However, I'm sad to say that this is just not easy to use. I used it as a highlighter and a concealer and it really didn't work for me. First of all, it gave me a few giant zits when I used it to conceal dark circles beneath my eyes and second of all, it didn't work well either as a highlighter (not reflective enough) or as a concealer (not enough coverage). Don't get me wrong, the packaging is beautiful and the product has been formulated elegantly, but this is for women who have nearly perfect skin and can handle the cyclopentasiloxane content in this. It comes in a click pen form and is handy as all get out, just click and swipe and blend, but for me, it just didn't get the job done. And I really can't forgive the blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by missericacourt

Good:
The design; brush makes for easy application and not much wastage (I'm the type of girl that cuts my moistures open to get every pricey drop out).

Wear; light wearing, great for daily wear that isn't heavy or cakey.

Bad:
Wear; light wearing doesn't quite cover my dark circles, unless I wear full face base, which I only do like once every few months.

Price; expensive, in South Africa it's about $40-$50 (I converted).

I'm 50/50 about this product. I love it more than any concealer I've had (I've used MAC, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown) but I don't think I'll always use it. I guess finding the right concealer it like finding the right guy; it's different for everyone, and when you get together, you just know. Hopefully I'll find my coverage soon, cause damn this is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfetish14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love this concealer! It just somehow blends in with my skin tone and texture like no other concealer does. Very high quality and definitely worth the slightly high price tag. One pen/tube lasts for at least 3 months, probably more, even with daily usage. Highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is great! The only reason I would not consider re-purchasing is because of the price.
I use this for cleaning up and highlighting underneath my eyebrows - the shape of the pen is perfect for it.
I doesn't really 'conceal' much though.
The consistency is great, it's fragrance free and the packaging is super pretty (I love YSL packaging) and I do like the clicking function, it ensures I don't dispense too much product.

I only really use this for my brows and tidying up around my eyes if I am creating a really crisp line, but I do my brows everyday so this is obviously part of my everyday routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by scarletness

The best, super well blendable.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is much too expensive and pink. In addition, it offers almost no coverage. I am totally unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great highlighter, great consistancy, very blendable. It's not a concealer but it *does* conceal quite well for me (a few freckles, imperfections). Wish it wasn't in a click-pen as I am not a fan of them but oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Mediagirl95

White circles appear in photos!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Astrokitt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wasn't sure if the pen would live up to the hype but it sure did! You need to click it a few times to initially get the product to come down but a little really really goes a long way. I clicked twice and ended up with excess product - you really only need one click. I applied with the pen brush and then used my fingers to blend it in. Instantly - wow - I looked wide awake and alert! Well rested and bright eyed!! Well worth the hype! The texture is very creamy and blends easily. It covered my very light dark shadows under my eyes. Anything more heavy duty and I would suggest you need another concealer - this is more of a highlighter.

Very happy and would buy again. A few people have said the price is prohibitive but I got mine online from an ebay UK wholesale seller for AUD $21 (inc postage) as opposed to AUD $70 in store or $40 from online store. You just need need to shop around.

I chose Shade #2, and for reference I am MAC NC40, NARS Stromboli or Giorgio Armani 5.5