December 19, 2014 | 1050 users online

Masks - Clarins - Extra-Firming Facial Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by vivi21

it didn't do anything for my skin. I love so many clarins skincare products, but not this one. it is just a so-so mask. if it only costs less than $20 dollars, I will not complain. but with this price, I will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask is not cheap by any means & I read a review that said it delivers amazing results comparitive to a visit to the derm....ummmm, NOT!! First, it irritates my eyes & nose because I sneeze everytime I apply it. I don't really think I see a difference no matter how long I leave it on but due to its hefty $42 price tag, I think I just want to believe that I see a difference so I try to convince myself. I will not buy this again & if all of their products have that heavy annoying allergic reaction inducing fragrance then I guess I won't be buying anything else. I've heard good things about Clarins so I hope my first experience won't be my last, although I'll be requesting samples for the pricier items before I buy.... that's for certain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been seeking out a hydrating mask for awhile now. I'm a big fan of L'occitane's Shea Butter one, but it's really heavy and I've been wanting a little more elegant formula. After reading the reviews, I chose this one and ordered it online. First of all, not a while lot is needed. I applied a thin layer from about a dime sized squeeze of the tube (if that). I left it on for about 5-10 minutes. It sinks in a bit, leaves you looking shiny while it's left on. It is great that it can be removed with toner. I use a hydrating toner, and it doesn't strip all the product off. My face feels really soft afterwards. I would use this for when I'm super flaky because it's just the right touch of a rich formula to handle a problem like that. It's really perfumey and expensive and so I've taken off a lippie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Received a generous sample of this as GWP and it was a real treat to use. I slapped a thick layer of this on after I cleansed my face, then relaxed in the bath for about 15 mins to let my skin asborb mask. It's a creamy texture that you can spread thinly, and seems to sit on top of my skin at the beginning, but after I came out of the bath I was pleased that it had almost fully absorbed into my skin leaving only a slight sheen on the surface. I removed the remainder with a warm washcloth, and was left with smooth satiny skin. I needed very little moisturizer afterwards. Next time I think I'll try using this before a night out. Comes in a squeezy tube with twist off cap. UPDATE: I've purchased a full tube and it still feels very luxurious on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by sagacat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

do nothing at all, a bit too rich.... in sum, useless but expensive, i love many items from clarins, but apparently...it does not belong to one of the array.......

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cant believe that i have been oblivious to clarins for so long. Their products are lovely...

Unfortunately i dont love this product - my skin really doesnt feel tigher, or extra firm. But maybe that's because i'm 22 - do i need firming at this point?

On the positive, it did make my skin softer and i like the scent - very clean. I dont think i would buy it again, because it's a little too expensive for my budget and didnt really do what i wanted it to do. However, if you want a moisturizing mask that "maybe" firms up your skin, go for clarins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another one of my favorites, from Clarins! Michelle (my Clarins One-To-One Facialist) used this on me, during my last one-to-one facial and it really surprised me! I didn't think it was meant for my skin or my type of skin because it's combination--oily at times & dry at others. Of course, I think the results achieved, had quite a bit to do with the massage & method of applying the mask. I bought it, nonetheless, figuring my Mom could use it, if I didn't. Well...I've been hoarding it ever since! I LOVE it! It's a gel-cream texture, with a lovely scent (as all Clarins) that is non-irritating and doesn't break me out. It does seem to lift the skin, tighten it up and plump it up a bit. I think that's all one can really expect from a product that you only leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Anyone who's read my reviews, knows that I think masks are an amazing way to supplement your skin care diet and this is a perfect example of that. You don't have to change your whole skin care routine, just add this in whenever you feel like your skin needs a boost and you want it to look a little firmer & tighter! I LOVE the fact that this mask comes in a 2.7oz size, when most of Clarins Masks are 1.7 ounces. It also lasts a long, long time. Totally worth the money, in my humble opinion. Oh yes, and my Mom likes it too. I give her mini-facials and she loves it when I use this product on her!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by annelau

Most Clarins products are quality. Recently, I purchased the moisture mask and the SA gave me 15ml GWP. I tried this last night and went to bed at 0.30. When I woke up in the morning at 6.30. Voila! I still had baby soft and lovely well pampered skin. No late night signs at all! I love it and would definitely purchase and repurchase.
I have very sensitive combination skin. I have tried many brands, from low end to high end such as Neutrogena, Kanebo, Shiseido, Sisley, La Prairie, Annick Goutal, Clinique, EL, Bloom etc and the top five masks on my list are LP Balancing Mask, Fresh Sugar Polish, Sisley Express Flower Gel, Clarins Gentle Smoothing Mask and Clarins Extra-Firming Mask.
Highly recommend this mask to anyone who need serious treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by missytakespics

I got this in a round robin swap box...I figured...why not give it a shot since i'd never really tried clarins products before.
I'm 32 and those wrinkles are creeping up on me, so i knew it couldnt hurt to test it out.
I let it sit in a drawer for about 2 months and then I decided to give it a shot one night.
I read the directions and was amazed that a mask could actually be removed by using a cotton ball full of toner. That had to be too good to be true. No more rinsing and scrubbing and getting my bathroom floor soaking wet? Impossible!
I smoothed this mask on my face, left in on for about 10 minutes as suggested.
By the time I went to the bathroom to remove it, it seriously felt like it had sunk into my skin and left my skin moisturized and my lines around my eyes much less noticeable. I used a cotton ball with toner (as the product directs) and gave my face the once around. I repeated this to remove any excess. When I woke up in the morning, my face looked like it had gotten the rest it hasn't seen in years. Im a believer after one use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2005 3:03:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

(Late 40s, combination skin)
I've been taking this product for granted as it's often part of a GWP package and over the years a number of them have found their way to my bathroom, where I've used them occasionally just for the heck of it and thought "no big deal". Now I'm at an age where "just for the heck of it" is no longer the scenario. Ever had those mornings where you look in the magnifying mirror at dehydrated, dull, prematurely aged skin, seemingly showing every fine line in alarming detail? This will make you feel and look so much better, trust me! It's an easy-to-apply, easy-to-remove, cream mask, it's quick, and the improvement in your skin will have you kissing your reflection. Apply to the entire face, including around the eyes (and neck if you like) and leave for five to 10 minutes before rinsing off with tepid water. Clarins suggests removing with cotton pad on a toner but I find a water rinse more than satisfactory. Now you can get on with the rest of your skincare and makeup routine knowing that your skin looks and feels gently firmed and hydrated.
The Clarins website ingredient lists are less than illuminating but, without delving deeper, the product works and here's what Clarins says: it's Vitacreatine based (I don't know either) and contains agaric, guava, hazelnut, sequoia and sunflower.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No