November 23, 2014 | 2197 users online

Mascara - Boots - No 7 Lift And Curl Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in the midst of a mascara review. For 5 weeks I've been testing out different mascaras for a week and then writing the review. This mascara was #1. So this product is supposed to lift and curl. Well I found it lifted well, but didn't really curl, it held a decent curl. I did like I always do and curled my lashes first, now my lashes rarely hold a curl but they did hold a bit. I have a drugstore brand that does a better job though. Now this mascara goes on light and there are positives and Negatives to both. Negatives are you have to apply a bunch of coats ( I put on 5-7). But what was great is, there was no clumping, flaking or anything like that. It actually didn't even feel like I was wearing mascara. If you're looking for something natural and light, this is not a bad one to choose. Now I think this is a more expensive mascara, but I have a drugstore that sells department store brands and they have a sale area where this stuff shows up from time to time, so I got it or $7. I like to keep a couple mascaras on hand for different looks. This will totally be my go to mascara when I want to keep it natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Florettaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't think this mascara actually curls your lashes that much, lets face it - if I want curled lashes I use eyelash curlers!

However - this is my current favourite mascara for natural every day wear. It is super easy to put on, doesn't clump, and does looks very natural. I really like it and use it all the time. It is quite expensive, but I only buy it when I get one of those 5 off No7 vouchers, and then it's good value.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by MLC1986

This mascara is decent. If you are really looking for something to curl your lashes, I'd look else where. I gave it three lippies because it doesn't clump and does make my lashes look overly-done. But, again, it does not really curl the lashes either. I said that I would buy this again, due to the price, but I'm not sure if I will...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I generally find most mascaras much of a muchness but this one really does what it says on the tin. I use it in black (don't know why anybody ever bothers with any other colour). Without actually trying when you apply it, it does have a slight lifting and curling effect which makes your eyelashes look longer. It's not a waterproof mascara but is the next best thing - it's quite difficult to budge and doesn't smudge or run like some other mascaras. The brush does the job well - I often think that the wand is more important than the actual mascara. Those horrible thin things like pipecleaners can hardly be expected to do the trick, can they? Reasonable price and lasts me for months worn everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2006 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Guinever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara b/c I wanted to give No. 7 a try. I'm using the No. 7 compact powder and I'm very happy with it so I thought I buy one of their mascaras too as I had one of these 5 Pound vouchers for a Ruby and Millie or No. 7 purchase.

To buy this mascara was a mistake. Although I was given another No. 7 goodie (a small facial cleanser bottle) I was very disappointed with this mascara so that I had to return the item.

Firstly, it just doesn't do what it says: There was no lift, no curve, no nothing, only colour and I'm afraid that's just not enough for my lashes. I need some volume, lift or curve. This mascara only gave the colour and thus disappointed me loads.

Would never spend 9.50 for this. I rather stick to my L'Oreal Lash Architect which is a fab mascara for a great price!

No mascara experiments for me anymore!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This is a decent mascara; it's a new addition to the No7 range although what gap it's supposed to fill, I don't know. To me it's just a good but basic mascara. I got this in black/brown for an everyday natural look, and that is exactly what I get with this. It gives very good definition without clumping (no need for a lash comb necessarily) but I don't think it 'lifts' or 'curls' my lashes at all. I think this is no better or worse than my current everyday mascara (Lumene Star Effect). The price (9.50) is a little steep for what you get though. I almost gave this 4 lippies just because of the easy no-clumps application which I love, but just stopped myself because of the price and the fact that I guess I expected something more dramatic. I could well buy this again since it is a good product, but I might just as well try something else.