Urban Decay Maui Wowie

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/21/2015 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this eyeshadow but what people say about the fall out is absolutely true. In terms of pigmentation and longevity this eyeshadow is amazing. With a primer it lasts me about 7 hours without creasing, no joke. It also is a very unique shade that is rare to find. It is not often that you find a golden champagne eyeshadow. BUT the fallout is pretty bad. It is worse if you layer the color more than once. The first application I would say a few glitters fall on your face but when you apply the second layer BEWARE. It is like a fairy sprinkled glitter all over your cheeks. I spent about 10 minutes trying to pick off the little flecks off my face lol. Get this but apply only one layer because then it is very beautiful.

on 12/30/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous antique gold shade that I recently started wearing after seeing it paired with Chopper and Smog. It is such a pretty gold color and has some glitter, but not enough to tick me off lol. I hate glittery shadows like Polyester bride. If you put a gold base under it, it really becomes intense.I use it in the inner eye area and about 1/4 way in.

Typical UD awesome shadow with great pigment and staying power.

on 8/15/2013 1:00:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite shade from Urban Decay and im happy to have this singly and in several of their palettes. A little bit of fallout from this as it has some glitter in it and its hard to cover with concealer. This shade looks pretty worn all by itself or to smoke it out with darker shades. The color pops even more with the Urban Decay primer potion in Greed. I pray this shade will never be discontinued because im so in love with it and glad to have it in my collection!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loved the old formula Maui Wowie, but I really love the new formula! It's creamy, soft, and a lovely color. Also, there's still some glitter fallout, but much much less than there was in the old formula. The color is a lovely light antique gold with some shimmer. It's almost an exact dupe for Urban Decay's Oz (the gold half) in the Glinda palette, but without the huge chunky glitter and it's not limited edition like Oz is.

on 7/27/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this shade. It's a pale golden shimmery color. There is glitter fallout like other reviewers have said, which sucks. But ever since I tried this shade from my sister years ago, I knew I had to have it. And the packaging from UD is ALWAYS nice. Will purchase again.

on 7/17/2013 4:12:00 AM

Really like this shade (pale shimmery gold with slight olive tinge), looks gorgeous against my pale olive toned skin and erases all the redness from lids. If there weren't that glitter fallout issue, I would definitely love it!

on 6/10/2013 1:30:00 AM

I'm in LOVE with this shade. It's a beautiful champagne gold with silver glitter. It's a multi-tasker, to. It looks beautiful on the lid, but I love it as a tear duct highlight as well. It goes on opaquely with a great metallic, foiled effect, even when dry and without primer. The glitter wasn't gritty, but without primer, there was a moderate amount of fallout (primer resolves this). Without a base, this wore excellently for more than 8 hours. With a base, it made it to the 15 hour mark looking flawless, with no fallout. I'm so glad this shadow didn't get discontinued, and would gladly repurchase.

(Read the full review at peakvolume.blogspot.com)

on 3/19/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Glitteriest UD shade I've come across yet, most likely to destroy your finished face, and hard to get out of the pan. NOT WORTH IT. I hate this UD shade more than anything else. I barely touched it in my Ammo palette and I depotted it and threw it out because I hated looking at it.

It's a metallic beige with an almost green tint, that can subtly enhance the eye when applied. A lot of people complained about glitter chunks, and major-super-duper-glittery-disgusting fall-out, which I did not experience. I applied this color with my finger, and some of the glitter pieces WERE a little extreme, but none fell onto my cheeks or got anywhere else.
(MAYBE it's because of the primer I used, I don't know!)
But, anyway, it's a gorgeous, fresh color that totally enhances your peepers, and makes them look very alive and frosty! I love it and I wear it often!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I can't even begin to explain how complicated this shade is. FIrst it is difficult to get out of the pan unless you use it with a damp brush. Then the fall out is unreal- glitter all over the place and throughout the day it continues to have fall out all over the eyelashes and the face. It looks nice once it is on, but it's so difficult to use that I will not ever be using this shade again.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products