August 1, 2014 | 937 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Marcelle - Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by courtisane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product! I tried it once years ago and I remember it leaving a greasy film on my eyelids and made them red and itchy. How is this for "sensitive eyes"?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by andies6

This is my go to makeup remover since I have started wearing makeup pretty much. When we are young for some reason we love waterproof makeup as if it's supposed to be a better deal, and this is seriously the only bad boy capable of doing the job.

It's easy to remove make up if you wash with water, dry your face and use a make up remover. There isn't much make up left to remove except perhaps foundation and the residue of black everywhere. So usually other make up removers can do a decent job. So what happens when it's waterproof? Seriously this guy does it. I swear by this make up remover for 10+ years now at the least.

I have tried other make up removers by clinique and of course the 'legendary' drugstore brands. I want to switch over as I actually find the bottle expensive as opposed to the other reviews I am seeing! It's pretty much $14 after taxes and last me never more than 3-4 months. That's after blotting a cotton pad only three times. Which is great with the bottle screw top. Originally the bottle screw top was flimsier and easier to open up (danger when traveling!), then they had some push down/open one and tons was being wasted,... now they are back to the screw top but the whole entire cap is screw top so it;s super secure!!

I stock up like a mad woman on this make up remover when traveling as my job requires lots of make up and I can't trust some brands overseas. So the cap is amazing cuz I don't have to worry about it leaking in my zip loc bag like it used to. Now it never leaks, ever.

Also, this isn't oily. I remember when I first started using it that the recommendation on the bottle or somewhere said something like rinsing/splashing water with face at least 15 times until it feels like you actually got rid of the remover. Otherwise you just volunteered to use an oil based moisturizer. But for removing make up this is much needed! All those years of eye make up - no one should be rubbing their eyes so hard.

So far I have not found a cheaper alternative but it works and products I swear by have been tried and tested in all scenarios possible.

Also - to add, a very big, big deal for me. This make up remover doesn't sting my eyes at all and I have very sensitive eyes. On another note, what's even more amazing is I can actually remove make up while wearing my disposable contacts without any sting or problems after rinsing! Now that's magic if there was ever an emergency I had to switch make up over for my job. Just goes to show how gentle it is but a tuff worker.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I was not pleased with this product. I bought this because it specified that it was for sensitive eyes and it claimed to be Canada's No. 1 eye makeup remover. This was extremely oily. I woke up the next morning with the beginning symptoms of a stye and later on in the day noticed I had produced a small whitehead in my undereye region(sexy). When I stopped using this, it went away. I haven't gotten a stye in over 10 years and I'm pretty sure it was from this. Just too heavy and oily

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Vickysweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually love this product, it does leave an oily feel after you use it, but it goes away quickly, it works really well, and I do recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

I’ve used up one bottle of the two I purchased on a 2 for 1 special offer at my local drugstore. Here is my routine: I take a cotton square and soak it with the remover then swipe my eye, I then take a fresh square and repeat on the other eye. I repeat this for both eyes again (essentially using it twice on each eye) and find it still does not remove all my mascara. I find it does sting a bit and leaves me with a greasy residue. I then have to use a cold cream style product to clean up the rest of my mascara.

Note: Currently using Maybelline Plush to give you an idea of the type of mascara…. I digress, to get to the point - my review is I do not recommend.

*.-~*´¨*¨`*•~-.¸-Iamsherazade-,.-~*´¨*¨`*•~-.*
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was given this free from Elle Canada when I was chosen to blind test products for their readers choice awards. So they had the label covered so I had no idea what I was using and after 1 week I have to say I was unimpressed. This was so greasy, it was like an oil slick and it was irritating as well, also I found it didn't remove makeup as well. The one I did like in the blind test was Nivea eye makeup remover for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by ReenOma

I only got this for 5 dollars and it works great, takes make up off really easily.

Easy and really affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rachelmariew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am sooo happy to have found this! I was so close to forking out $34 (seriously?!) for Lancome Bi-Facial eye mu remover, when I found this gem at Walmart for $12!! This is almost identical to Lancome in every way. It takes off all my eye makeup with little effort. Highly recommended!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 5:49:00 AM More reviews by babymia647

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well I used to love this product...they changed the packaging recently(the formula too I'm sure). Now this is burning my eyelids so bad!! My eyelids still dries because of that!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by anibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the old packaging so it's nice to see they added the newer pop top. Marcelle have been showing up in drugstores lately and is readily available. this can go as cheap as $12 at 5 fl oz compared to MAC Gentle Off eye&lip makeup remover which is $21.50 at 3.4 fl oz.

It does leave a film after using it.

I has zero scent and not dyes are added for colour and has similar ingredient to MAC's

Marcelle
AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOMETHICONE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINÉRALE, ISOHEXADECANE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROCHLORIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN, LAURYL METHYL GLUCETH-10 HYDROXYPROPYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, POLOXAMER 188, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-4 DILAURATE,