April 25, 2014 | 921 users online

Toners - Hydrogen Peroxide

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Blueeyes248

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I always get a lot of compliments on how white my teeth are, despite the fact that I seem to do everything wrong in terms of the foods I eat and drink and I haven't used a whitening kit in at least 6 years. After flossing, I rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide for one minute, spit it out, and then brush my teeth. TBH I don't know if rinsing with hydrogen peroxide before or after brushing matters so long as you rinse thoroughly afterward. There actually isn't a taste or an aftertaste to it. I definitely prefer it over regular mouthwash because it keeps my breath fresher for a much longer period of time, and it's a lot cheaper.

Tip: After I ran out of the travel sized mouthwash I kept in my purse, I just filled up the bottle with hydrogen peroxide. If I'm on a date and worried about my breath, I head to the bathroom for a speed flossing session, rinse with hydrogen peroxide, and then rinse my mouth out with water. Since the hydrogen peroxide foams up in your mouth, you might look like you have rabies when you spit it out into the sink, so maybe just spit it into the toilet. Regardless, it works like a charm.

If you have sensitive teeth, I'd try equal parts hydrogen peroxide to water.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by earthtoforever

It costs 2 bucks and works better than anything else I've tried, cheap or expensive, and I've tried pretty much everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know how safe it is for regular use, but I applied it on my red, inflamed and huge pimples last night and this morning they have miraculously shrunk. This is the best for fast results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kailee100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best way to keep your teeth sparkling white and what I've used for years. I swish once to twice a day for one minute, spit it out and do not rinse. The after-taste disappears briefly. Hydrogen peroxide is the main ingredient in all tooth whitening products so save your self $20-50 and buy a bottle at the 99 cent store.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Minhlily

Tried it for a couple of weeks for the persistent breakout I've been getting for the last couple of months. Didn't do anything but keep the spots there longer... I don't recommend it. Went back to acne.org BP gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 More reviews by at900

i cannot tell you what a lifesaver regular 3% hydrogen peroxide has been for my face. i have struggled with chronic, cystic acne since i was 10 years old and it has been a struggle ever since. after every facial product, prescription and non, antibiotics, birth control, and two rounds of accutane, i had given up. i figured that this was my fate. and then, on a whim, i tried hydrogen peroxide and i am so glad that i did. granted that my skin is still oily (always has, always will be), and i do not have perfect skin, most of what is left on my face is scarring from past breakouts. i now only have 1 to 2 active blemishes on my face (knock on wood) and NO cystic acne. all i do is apply it liberally with a cotton ball after i was my face with the body shop tea tree oil gel wash, let it soak in, and put some clinique moisture surge-gel (oil free) on afterwords. i strongly suggest every person who has tried EVERYTHING and it hasn't worked to give it a shot. it costs under 2.00 for a large bottle, so there's really nothing to lose!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for HAIR use of Hydrogen Peroxide (not healing): NO! NO! NO! Please I urge anyone with fine, soft hair NOT to use hydrogen peroxide as a cheap, alternative to salon highlights (lightening hair color). On a whim, I did just this in December 2011 and my hair's still reeling from extensive damage to the point of ugly, brassiness that is 100% resistant to neutral darkening hardcore color (to obliterate the damage done); do not be fooled! Your hair will turn Orange, not "sun-kissed". After many haircuts, this color is still on my tips, and grosses me out. Short of shaving my hair off completely, I patiently wait for it to be gone for good. It pays to pay more money to get good quality for your hair; use this product for cuts and as a mouthwash, not hair color (easily very regrettable & totally irreversible)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I use this on my hair to get summer highlights. Just put some in a spray bottle, spray on your hair, then blowdry and style as usual. Make sure you use a leave-in conditioner as it can dry out your hair. I had used this twice and my daughter wanted to know when I has gotten my hair highlighted. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

As well as disinfecting blisters and cuts, as well as curing athlete's foot (I'm a ballerina, so pointe shoes wreak havoc on my feet) it's also a good spot treatment for popped pimples, big and small. If left on the pimple overnight, it dries it out and by morning it's usually flattened. It also takes away the pain of those bigger acne bumps, but doesn't do much for redness. It's great if its all you've got in your medicine cabinet. Very cheap too. Hope this helps!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I do not use this on my skin except when I get a scrape or small cut, but I think it is very helpful as a mouth wash whenever I need extra teeth whitening. I also found it works to clean out and heal any injury or inflammation along the gum line for me. Hydrogen peroxide can also be used to whiten underneath the nails. I just soak my nails in a small dish for five minutes then rinse them with plain water. I always make sure to keep a bottle of this in my bathroom cabinet.