October 22, 2014 | 1417 users online

Top/Base Coats - Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those "I know I shouldn't be using this because all the ingredients are highly toxic and probably carcinogenic buuut..... DAMN don't my nails look good?!"

Just try to use it in an spot with ventilation. And definitely invest in the thinner. If not, you may lose half the bottle and every precious shiny toxic drop counts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by demo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally did it. I finally bought a bottle of this stuff. I don't know why I shied away from purchasing it for so long, given my tendency to buy into cosmetic hype.
But boooooy am I glad I finally did this time!
This stuff is incredible. It does indeed dry fast, right down to shortening the drying time of semi-wet nail polish underneath. And when it dries, it settles down to a gorgeous glass-like finish.
The formula is quite thick, which I love because I find it hides any minor imperfections very well. Thinner formulas tend to settle into any bumps or ridges that might be showing through my polish. This masks them perfectly.
The packaging is pretty standard, but works very well. Why mess with a good thing, right?
I paid about $6 and change at Bed Bath and Beyond and I will definitely repurchase. For my money, I don't think it gets better than this when it comes to top coats!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by candiamber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i've used this product for 3 of my manicures & will be returning it to walmart today. will not purchase again!

pros:
* dries quickly (huge YAY!)
* super shiny

cons:
* polish discoloration! turns every shade i wear about 2 shades darker! it dries clear but by the second day, the seche vite becomes a light brown tint & my polish is not the same color it started out as. what is this about? so aggravating.
* in 1-2 days, the seche vite starts to flake off/peel. badly. it's to the point where i can clearly see nail polish on one half of my nail & the awful light brown tint of where the seche vite still clings...

my hunt for a great top coat continues...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by jplakhot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably the best all-around top-coat. Fastest drying I have ever tried, and really melts all of your polish layers together due to the toluene, for a smooth, professional looking finish. It is also super shiny and never dulls. The only thing, it does start chipping around day 5-6, and when it chips, it usually pulls off chunks of nail polish with it. Still, the drying speed and finish make this my fav top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

Love it. I have thin nails, teeny nail beds and no curve to my nails when they grow. My manicures Always, and I mean ALWAYS chip the next day if they haven't already been mucked up on the first day. My first application left me a bit let down, but the second time I used it worked like a dream. My initial experience was while using very goopy polish. Its thickness meant that Seche Vite did not cure properly or quickly. Use with a polish that gives great colour and coverage with minimal coats and thinness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my third bottle, and finally I gave in and instead of buying a new one when it got too thick, I gave in and bought the special thinner. should have done that years ago - a little of the thinner goes a long way. IMO this top coat is best applied one thick coat. Let the two layers of color dry a bit first and then put this on thickly AND QUICKLY. The stuff is amazing in that it SELF LEVELS, even my bumpy nails, but a pro and a con is that it is also quick drying, which means that if you make a mistake, it's hard to go over that area again. But if you apply it somewhat thick, it will still level out.

And it lasts. I am a cooking and crafting mother (knit, sew, refinish furniture) with a Pomeranian and an aquarium. That means my hands are fiddling around all the time and in and out of water.

Con: Oh I hate that it is So Full Of chemicals. it makes my house smell bad and toxic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Aritzia

Damn this stuff is GOOD. Makes my nails look like I just got a gel manicure and you can literally feel it on your nails because its so hard and stiff, you know know its not going anywhere. Only con about this is that it smells very toxic and extremely strong and paint like.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by 4lcloverab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this top coat. It dries super fast and stays shiny longer than any other top coat, quick dry or otherwise. The only thing i will caution you about is applying more than one coat. I have been using this for about 4 years now and have it down to a science. So, when you paint your nails, apply two coats of this topper about 5 minutes apart. Yes, two coats!! If you apply one coat and then go a few days later to apply another, it will peel. I know, that sucks, but it's true. i spoke to my manicurist about this and she has the same experience with it. On the other hand, I have acrylic overlays and go 3 weeks between fills. This stays shiny until about the 17 day mark. It is unbelievable how it stays so shiny. I apply two coats though. So, if you have natural nails, do the same and you should achieve the outstanding results that i do. It is kind of pricey. BUT, guess what? They have it on Amazon and you get two bottles for about $9!! That's a little more than it retails for one bottle. Here is the link:
Enjoy and happy painting!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ncranney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Seche Vite lives up to its hype and up to its claims; it dries rapidly, does its job as a top coat, it's high gloss, and it even dries the polish beneath it. It's wonderful in every way. The only downside is that it does tend to get thick as you use the bottle.