Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

This stuff really works! But one down side I've noticed is that it tends to change the color of your polish after a week and a half. Regardless, I love the stuff. My nails dry in about 5-10 minutes!

Was a happy purchase. Love how fast it dried.

I've just finished my first bottle of this. Not sure if I'd repurchase.

Plus - quick dry indeed. Its the quickest drying of all the quick dry top coats I've owned, which is great, I can do my nails, put this on, wait a few minutes and then go to bed without fearing sheet marks.

Other than that, I don't know. I didn't find it amazingly shiny or amazingly thick, I didn't find that it performed that much better than other topcoats from other brands. Several brands make nice shiny thick topcoats.

Please complain about the smell, I was expecting to have to evacuate the house the first time I opened this, but not really. Yes it smells of chemicals, but since nail polish is a type of car pain for your nails, it doesn't smell worse than some of my older polishes (actually, I have colours that smell worse than this).

I got a reasonable number of polishes out of this and was able to use up the entire bottle. Purchase Seche Restore, well worth it, put a few drops in and that stuff will keep the Seche Thin enough to use until the end of the bottle.

I've still got a lot of Seche Restore left, so if I see the Seche Vite for a reasonable price I'll probably buy another bottle (so far in Australia I can only find it online, would be nice if Priceline stocked it).

Comparable to other top coats in the way of price but by far best quality top coat I've used!!! I love this product it's all I use for my nails I just bought the base coat and I'm very excited to try it out! This product lasts me a long time and I paint my nails fairly frequently :)

Yes, it does give an excellent glossy, shiny, finish to my nails. However, this is short lived, as with almost every nail polish I apply this over, the polish starts to peel and chip within a day. However, I don't know whether this because this top coat is horrible, or it is because its performance simply varies for one person to the next. It might have to do with the fact that it doesn't sit well with certain nail polishes (such as the 3- or 5-free type nail polishes). This top coat has worked well with OPI nail polish, at least one particular color I own. It might also have to do with the texture of my nail bed - maybe mine is too dry or rough or hard, and it only works well with softer, or smoother surfaces? The one really bad thing about this nail polish is that it thickens over time with prolonged usages (probably from exposure to air). I am not interested in buying acetone or other nail polish thinner just for thinning this product since it does not work well for me.

I could not be without Seche Vite top coat. I've used it for years, it's the only top coat that makes a manicure last. I apply it to barely wet nails, it adheres perfectly with a spectacular shine.
The downside to Seche Vite is that the contents get thick and gloppy toward the end of the bottle. It's not inexpensive and I hate to waste any so I purchased the Seche Restore. It's well worth the money. The Restore has an eyedropper, you put several drops into the Seche Vite, let it mix in well and the Seche Vite is like new!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dry in a minut! No chipping yet, but i have only had it on for 24 hours... So far amazing

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hands down my favorite top coat!! Looks like a professional nail job and makes any cheap nail polish look amazingly glossy and wet. Always my go to top coat! I use CND sticky base coat and Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat with any nail polish brand in between and the results are amazing! I have tried other top coats and was disappointed such as Sinful colors clear, and quick dry, Orly glosser and won't chip, rimmel 60 sec, Sally Hansen insta dry, CND super high shine.

Pros:
*drys fast
*drys wet nail color penetrating even 3 layers of polish
*glossy, high shine, wet, glassy, gel-like shine that is unbeatable!!
*consistency is thin enough to spread, but thick enough to cover glitter

cons:
*smells so strong
*gets goopy and hard to spread as the bottle gets older (haven't tried the seche restore yet)
*once bottle is half way done its hard to get brush in deep enough to reach it
*after 1 week exactly the polish peels off in sheets, but if i use CND sticky base coat the nail color stays in place and only the top coat peels after 1 week, but no chips for 1 week!
*if applied to wet nails there is major shrinkage of polish, but CND sticky base coat seems to stop this from happening

I work in a hospital so i wash my hands a lot and wear nitrile gloves all day so i need a strong shiny top coat that wont fail. This Seche Vite keeps my nails looking perfect for exactly 7 days with no touch ups. Then they start to dull and the polish peels, but so far 7 days is the best I've ever gotten out of a manicure. Also my nails are kept very short so manicures last longer as my nails don't bend.

Amazing. Smells awful, but nothing can touch it. Allows me to enjoy changing my polish often, even an hour before bed! No lines! Always go over the tip of your nail to avoid shrinkage. Make sure you polish is still wet. If you find it frustrating at first, watch a few YouTube videos. Well worth investing in learning how to use properly - major payoff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My HG of top coats. This is the best top coat I have ever used. I love it. It applies easily, gives a fantastic shine to polish, dries in the blink of an eye, and is great at correcting flaws in polish application such as streaks or bubbles or whatever. It's like magic - I don't know how it manages to give such a flawless finish every time. In general, it keeps nails shiny and chip free for a few days at a go.

Even though I love this top coat, it's not perfect. It smells foul - the smell gives me a headache. I have also noticed the occasional peeling off in sheets thing that other people have talked about. This is usually when I have applied new layers of polish to an existing manicure.

Because of the horrible smell, I try not to use this every time I paint my nails, but I find other top coats vastly inferior in terms of ease of use, shine, and effectiveness in protecting polish from chipping.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Product Wars - Episode 13 by fionaman

Quick Tip: For Seche Vite Lovers by fionaman

My top 5 fave beauty items, right now - Seche Vite dry fast top coat by Denim Vixen

Top Rated Seche Vite Products