Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

on 5/22/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not just HG, it is a LIFE CHANGER (at least when it comes to polishing one's nails) and I don't use that word lightly.

BEFORE SECHE VITE: I would wear polish on my fingers not more than a few days a year. Getting the polish dry without nicks was a pain. And I would still end with the imprint of my bedsheets even after an hour of drying time.

AFTER SECHE VITE: When I first got it I wore polish on my nails for weeks. Dries in no time, can hit the sheets 5 minutes after polishing and wake up with the perfect manicure. The shine is unbelievable - really puts the polish in nail polish. Polish lasts up to five days - which is unheard for me.

RULES OF THE GAME: Don't use like your run of the mill topcoat. Needs to go on WET polish. I clean nails with acetone, one coat CND stickey, one coat color on both hand. I've tried Chanel, Rescue Beauty, OPI, Essie, YSL and China Glaze, all work fine. Then, I put on the 2nd coat of color on ONLY one hand and immediately - while polish is still wet - follow with Seche Vite. I push one large drop over polish resulting in a very thick coat. Yet it dries in no time. Repeat with other hand.

NOTE: Using above method (applied over wet polish) never experienced any shrinking. Zero. Not with Chanel, not with any other brand.

VERDICT: I refuse to use nail polish if there is no Seche Vite Top Coat.

on 5/22/2015 3:18:00 AM

I've tried plenty of top coats and "fast-drying" top coats.
Seche vite is still the best in the fast-drying and impeccable shine department.
It is a little gloopy/thick but other than that it is a total dear, whenever i use this, people have asked whether i have gelish on. Will repurchase again and again!

on 5/4/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can never keep nail polish on for longer than a day. Seche vite actually keeps my polish on longer--probably because it has a gel like quality. I have really thin nails, almost bendy, and this gives them an extra thickness. Not to mention unbeatable shine! It's my holy grail topcoat.

on 4/24/2015 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

really works!

I can not explain how much I adore this product! It dries almost instantly, my nails look great and are smudge free.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my absolute HG top coat. I've purchased and repurchased this so many times; I always have a bottle on the go. This really is the gold standard of quick-dry topcoats, and even topcoats in general. There are a couple downsides to this topcoat, but its outstanding performance, in my opinion, far outweighs the potential cons.

Pros:

- It really is quick-dry! Absolutely. The fastest you will ever have. Dry to the touch in 30 seconds, hardens within 10 minutes (as long as you don't overdo it).
- It is sooo shiny. So wonderfully shiny. You will never have such fabulous shine with any other topcoat. It has a mirrorlike quality to it.
- Extends the life of the polish by days.
- Really protects against chipping, wears like iron in that respect.
- It is really great at smoothing out mistakes and imperfections in your polish. Smudged your polish a bit while applying? Never fear, Seche Vite is here! It smoothes out everything to this perfect, glassy finish. For this reason, it also works great over polishes with texture, like glitter polishes, because it totally smoothes out the hard, gritty edges. It's an extremely forgiving topcoat, and pretty much everything looks better with it on top.

Cons:

- It can definitely cause some polishes to shrink, which is unfortunate. However, I've never tried a quick-dry topcoat that did not do this, and none of them wore as beautifully as Seche Vite, so I can forgive this. A quick, somewhat-fix is to simply extend your polish over the edge of the nail, so that when shrinking occurs, it still covers. SV doesn't cause all polishes to shrink, however.
- About 3/4 of the way through the bottle, the exposure to air begins to ruin it. This is the only major con---I've never been able to use the bottle up completely. I think the exposure, because it's so quick-dry, causes it to thicken and become a bit lumpy. Of course, this hinders application and also doesn't look as great. However, because SV is fairly inexpensive (and again, it's so awesome), this doesn't bother me so much.

I will buy it again and again as long as they make it! My polish lasts so much longer now without chips, and I get compliments on how shiny they are whenever I wear SV.

on 4/13/2015 8:59:00 AM

Dries any nail polish and makes it lasts for 6-8 days without chipping.

Nice top coat.. It was a little thin and runny but I don't think that affected the quality but maybe made using it a little more difficult. I couldn't just throw it on real quick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I picked up a bottle of this at Sally's in October and I've used about a quarter of it over various brands of polish. I honestly thought it was HG material until I did my Valentine's mani which included white. (I normally wear dark polish colors.) What the heck?! Within 36 hours, it turns peach! I tried it over two brands of glitter and two brands of white polish, and both times it turned the same color. I've seen a few people complaining about this now, and apparently it's a new development. I'll be picking up something else for over my pastels/whites and reserving this solely for dark colors. I'll only repurchase if it looks like this problem is resolved.

on 4/1/2015 2:50:00 PM

Seche Vite is definitely a product worth having. It's like magic - dries almost completely in just a few minutes! The brush, while round and narrow, is long and spreads out over the nail, making neat application much easier, and the finish is smooth and shiny. However, after you've had the polish a while it does become thick and gloopy, making application messier, and I find that if you use it often and regularly it takes a toll on your nails (I had to stop using it for a while because mine were getting dry and flaky). I'd definitely recommend it, but wouldn't use it all the time - save it for emergencies, like if you're using an old polish that stays tacky for an entire day, or when you're late getting ready to go somewhere and your nails won't dry.

Pros:
- Incredibly fast dry time
- Glossy, smooth finish
- Easy application

Cons:
- Short shelf life; goes gloopy after a while
- Dries out your nails if you use it too often

Video Reviews & Tutorials

My top 5 fave beauty items, right now - Seche Vite dry fast top coat by Denim Vixen

Product Wars - Episode 13 by fionaman