Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

on 4/24/2015 10:06:00 PM

really works!

I can not explain how much I adore this product! It dries almost instantly, my nails look great and are smudge free.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my absolute HG top coat. I've purchased and repurchased this so many times; I always have a bottle on the go. This really is the gold standard of quick-dry topcoats, and even topcoats in general. There are a couple downsides to this topcoat, but its outstanding performance, in my opinion, far outweighs the potential cons.

Pros:

- It really is quick-dry! Absolutely. The fastest you will ever have. Dry to the touch in 30 seconds, hardens within 10 minutes (as long as you don't overdo it).
- It is sooo shiny. So wonderfully shiny. You will never have such fabulous shine with any other topcoat. It has a mirrorlike quality to it.
- Extends the life of the polish by days.
- Really protects against chipping, wears like iron in that respect.
- It is really great at smoothing out mistakes and imperfections in your polish. Smudged your polish a bit while applying? Never fear, Seche Vite is here! It smoothes out everything to this perfect, glassy finish. For this reason, it also works great over polishes with texture, like glitter polishes, because it totally smoothes out the hard, gritty edges. It's an extremely forgiving topcoat, and pretty much everything looks better with it on top.

Cons:

- It can definitely cause some polishes to shrink, which is unfortunate. However, I've never tried a quick-dry topcoat that did not do this, and none of them wore as beautifully as Seche Vite, so I can forgive this. A quick, somewhat-fix is to simply extend your polish over the edge of the nail, so that when shrinking occurs, it still covers. SV doesn't cause all polishes to shrink, however.
- About 3/4 of the way through the bottle, the exposure to air begins to ruin it. This is the only major con---I've never been able to use the bottle up completely. I think the exposure, because it's so quick-dry, causes it to thicken and become a bit lumpy. Of course, this hinders application and also doesn't look as great. However, because SV is fairly inexpensive (and again, it's so awesome), this doesn't bother me so much.

I will buy it again and again as long as they make it! My polish lasts so much longer now without chips, and I get compliments on how shiny they are whenever I wear SV.

on 4/13/2015 8:59:00 AM

Dries any nail polish and makes it lasts for 6-8 days without chipping.

Nice top coat.. It was a little thin and runny but I don't think that affected the quality but maybe made using it a little more difficult. I couldn't just throw it on real quick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I picked up a bottle of this at Sally's in October and I've used about a quarter of it over various brands of polish. I honestly thought it was HG material until I did my Valentine's mani which included white. (I normally wear dark polish colors.) What the heck?! Within 36 hours, it turns peach! I tried it over two brands of glitter and two brands of white polish, and both times it turned the same color. I've seen a few people complaining about this now, and apparently it's a new development. I'll be picking up something else for over my pastels/whites and reserving this solely for dark colors. I'll only repurchase if it looks like this problem is resolved.

on 4/1/2015 2:50:00 PM

Seche Vite is definitely a product worth having. It's like magic - dries almost completely in just a few minutes! The brush, while round and narrow, is long and spreads out over the nail, making neat application much easier, and the finish is smooth and shiny. However, after you've had the polish a while it does become thick and gloopy, making application messier, and I find that if you use it often and regularly it takes a toll on your nails (I had to stop using it for a while because mine were getting dry and flaky). I'd definitely recommend it, but wouldn't use it all the time - save it for emergencies, like if you're using an old polish that stays tacky for an entire day, or when you're late getting ready to go somewhere and your nails won't dry.

Pros:
- Incredibly fast dry time
- Glossy, smooth finish
- Easy application

Cons:
- Short shelf life; goes gloopy after a while
- Dries out your nails if you use it too often

on 3/26/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Nothing else comes close to Seche Vite. I've tried the Essie, OPI, Sally, Nails Inc, Out the Door, Dior et al. top coats and quick drying drops alike. Seche Vite is King. I've repurchased continually for the past four years and I can't see that changing.

I love this. It dries my nails within five minutes. Basically by the time I coat the last nail, the first has dried completely. Completely, as in I can go to bed, get a shower or wash dishes and my polish looks perfect - no more bed nails! This top coat changed my nail polish life. Which sounds insane and hyperbolic but it utterly true.

It is pricey (cheaper than Dior and OPI though) and it does goop up before I've ever finished a bottle (make smaller bottles guys!) and I repaint at least x2 per week. But I repurchase it anyway and I don't mind paying for it - it's far cheaper than a gel polish manicure and can be changed without any fuss or special products. A colleague asked if I was getting gel nails done twice a week. It's that shiny and glassy and perfect looking.

It covers up a multitude of sins in applying your polish. I find that even the cheaper brands and those semi-sheer prone to streaking colours look perfect with a slick of this on top. The other benefit is that if you have to use several layers, e.g. you MAC and your polish that needs 5 coats to be opaque, this top coat still dries to a perfect glass finish in minutes. And it lasts at least 5 days without chipping. I've managed 10 before, but that depends on the NP brand and I usually get bored and change a colour long before then. On the application process, follow their instructions. I've tried painting it on like a normal top coat and it can pick up colour and doesn't provide the same glassy perfect finish but it still does dry quickly and last for ages.

Nothing else I've tried comes close to Seche vite. I repurchase for myself, I've purchased for friends and family and I love love love this top coat. Whatever you're using now, try this; Seche Vite is better.

on 3/15/2015 6:41:00 AM

Overall this is a very good product. It makes any polish dry very fast and makes it look very shiny. But....the smell is strong, it shrinks the polish and I had to throw it away with 1/3 still left in the bottle, as it was too thick to use. I know you can buy a thinner, but that's too much hustle IMO. I would buy this again but I still prefer SH Mega Shine.

on 3/8/2015 1:29:00 PM

I have an overlay on my natural nails & I bring this w/ me to the salon. It's a godsend b/c it dried so quickly & is so shiny. I wash my hands A LOT working in a restaurant & have my hands in cleaning chemical often & it does a good job of staying put. I would definitely keep buying.

Top Rated Seche Vite Products