January 30, 2015 | 1874 users online

Top/Base Coats - Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2015 12:29:00 PM More reviews by maehyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister bought me this product because she like to experiment and research this kinda stuff. It is as they say. It's glossy, dries fast and I do get shrinkage sometimes. My ends don't chip as fast when I run the brush on the ends of my nails to seal the polish. I'm almost down to my last quarter of the bottle and haven't had issues with it getting thick though my sister has told me it normally does that. If my sister doesn't recommend a different product by the time I'm done with this bottle, I'll probably buy it again because it is the best top coat I've used.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2015 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Karnahawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I can't stand the smell. It's terrible chemical and much worse than other top coats. Only used it once due to the bad smell. I feel it is unhealthy to use and inhale.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 3:28:00 PM More reviews by CatG68

I will not be without this topcoat. Ever. In my opinion the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Its cheap (I get it at winners or marshals for 6$), super glossy, and makes my nails dry very quickly. I paint my nails every 2-3 days, so I can't say much about longevity of a mani. At day 3 I have some chipping but nothing too major. I work retail so I'm used to having my polish chip. The cons... The bottle does tend to get goopy about 3/4 of the way through it. At that point I just start another bottle and use the thick bottle for my toes. The smell is bad, probably due to chemicals, so make sure you're in open space when you do your nails. I love this stuff though... So far I haven't found anything at a reasonable price that beats it... I've tried opi rapid dry, China glaze, cnd, posche, sally hansen...... Seche vite is a clear winner for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2015 11:31:00 AM More reviews by pooroni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh I don't like this.

It is true, it dries fast, and it is shiny, sounds good right?

But if I put this on, my polish chips way faster, than say if I put on OPI top coat.

I usually use Chanel le Vernis underneath(2 coats), and the reason I like chanel polishes is because they tend to last longer, and stay intact than most other polishes - with OPI top coat and le vernis together, they do not chip at least for 5-6 days to 2 weeks even.

But if I use this top coat, my nails chip within one day.
I think the fast drying formula makes the polish crispy or something, I don't think it is good in the long run.

Unless you want to change your polish every other day, fast drying is useless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2015 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is a good product that helps your nail polish to dry fast, prolongs your manicure and delivers a beautiful glossy finish. I don`t have problem with wrinkling much. Yet the product does seem to tighten a bit so make sure you apply it close to the cuticles.
The only downside is that after a while the base thickens and becomes bit difficult to spread. It still evens out nicely on the nail and looks absolutely smooth, it just makes your nail feel thicker. So I prefer to switch to a fresher bottle once it happens continuing to use the other one on toe nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Smiilie

i really like this when i first got it but now when i use it, i get headaches from the smell. I now need to open a window when i use this product. I would repurchase this since it helps my nails dry really fast

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Attitudeangela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this top coat! I was using a Sally Hansen one that kept giving my manicure air bubbles and when I switched to this I got a great finish with quick drying time. I work at an accessory shop and in retail nails get ruined very quickly. With this top coat my nails looked fine after a few shifts. I would buy this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2015 5:43:00 AM More reviews by PentacleQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a very impatient person so I hate waiting around for hours for my nails to dry, only to end up with dents or sheet marks. I have been using this product for months now, and I am impressed. I've never used any other top coat before so I'm not sure how this one performs compared to others. But what I like about SV is that it literally dries in a minute or two! Thank God! No more running around. However, I will say I am slightly disappointed by the wear time. I will see signs of major chipping ie: an entire side peeling off, in about 3-4 days. I will repuchase but only until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy wow wow wow. I literally just walked over to my laptop after painting my nails and they are DRY! Holy holy holy crow!
I have been painting my nails for YEARS and don't know how i ever missed out on this! But not any longer ladies! I am in it with all of you!

Let me list some concerns I have from reading reviews that I will be looking for in the next few days... oh wait... there is only one... shrinkage! I hope not because this stuff is AMAZING!

High shine and smooth and dry to the touch just after 2 minutes! The smell is awful though while applying it... smells like paint thinner, yuck.

Will update in a few days to let yall know how my manicure is doing! :-D

**UPDATE**
So I am seeing a little shrinkage on the tips of my nails today.
I saw on pinterest that if you "seal it" around the edges, that won't happen... I guess we shall see. Overall, I am still super happy with this product!

Wahoo! I am one happy girl!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

This is by no means the perfect top coat, but it's as close to perfection as I'll ever get. True to its name, it dries SUPER FAST. Less than 30 seconds after application, I can actually use my hands without ever having to worry about destroying all my hard work. The formula is thick and gel-like - I can definitely see it sitting on top of my nails. It also stinks to high heaven but only whilst it's still wet. Otherwise it makes my polish look incredibly shiny and sometimes even luminous! I use my hands a lot and I'm very rough with them so chipping is inevitable for me. But I haven't had any better luck with other top coats so until something groundbreaking comes along, I will always keep coming back to this one!