December 19, 2014 | 1470 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Airbrush Tan

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by minnycourt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

STAY AWAY!

I love the LancŰme self tanner products and thought this one would be great. I was hoping it was going to be like my own personal mistic tan. Well I was wrong! First off, you have to stand in your shower to spray it otherwise it getís everywhere. It takes forever to dry and when it does its orange. The worst thing is when it starts to fade it fades in big blotches. My arms and neck look horrible. Itís been a week and itís still fading. Please ladies do yourself a favor and doní t buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by sammydog1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the Lancome Tanning Mousse and was pretty bummed when it was sold out and no other store at the mall carried it. (What is up with that? That happens often.)

So anyway, I bought the Airbrush Tan instead and decided to give it a go.

I think I will definitely buy this product again. For the love of the color alone! This gives the BEST, most believable color I've seen on myself so far and I love that this happens in one application, rather than having to layer the stuff on over and over. (Who has time for that?)

I got a bit scared at the thought of it going on clear and having no color guard, and feared I'd end up being a mess of streaks. Nope, it went on very evenly! The stuff did come out kind of oily for my tastes, I felt like a slippery eel, and it took forever to dry. But that doesn't affect the results. Smell wasn't too bad, either.

You do have to rub this in. Because of that, be very careful about staining your palms. For some reason, no matter how frequently, vigorously and thoroughly I scrubbed my hands, this still stained. Definitely wear gloves, then lightly spray the back of your hands.

Also, like others posted, this fadeed kind of funny- in patches. When it started to fade, I looked like a statue with chipped paint, or like I had a case of vitiligo before sloughing it all off in the shower. I never had this problem with the Lancome Mousse (probably because it's very moisturinzing) and with that- you're able to easily and evenly exfoliate it off without scrubbing yourself raw.

Unfortunately, the patchiness happens with most self-tanners I've used. Not sure if this has anything at all to do with the brand. In general I think this has more to do with the current state your skin is in. When my skin is dry, I have the hardest time exfoliating self tanner off. Which leads to spending forever in the shower, being too abrasive on the skin, which leads to more dry patches, which leads to streaking. A vicious cycle. Being in a chlorinated pool also dries out the skin and makes it harder to exfoliate.

So, keep your skin well-moisturized at all times. Slap on a nice, thick, rich body butter or lotion every night with your new tan.

Overall, a very good product. Not perfect, but it definitely yields the most beautiful, non-orangey color, IMHO. That bears repeating. Thanks to others for the tip- next time I'll look for this at Marshall's for $10 before shelling out $28 dollars for it at Sephora

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

This is the BEST self-tanner I've ever used (others I've tried are Shiseido's, Estee Lauder's, and Lancome's Flashbronzer in the milk/lotion version as well as the gel version for legs).

I love Lancome's FlashBronzers cuz they have the least chemical smell, and the smell while still present, somehow is quite pleasant to my nose lol.

I originally wanted to buy Lancome's FlashBronzer in the lotion/milk version but they were sold out. The saleslady told me that they only had the mousse version left and I reluctantly bought it. Coming back home, I later realized that she gave me the airbrush version!!! I was so made for her deceiving me and also because I've had bad experiences with other airspray makeup products which just messed up my bathroom. Anyhow, I tried it...

Few hours later (despite the product saying that it only takes 1 hour to develop the tan, but no self-tanner keeps similar promises from my experience), i had THE MOST GORGEOUS TAN EVER and I DID NOT EXFOLIATE my legs!!! I actually exfoliated them the day before, but I guess it's because my legs have always been well hydrated (thanks to La Prairie's Body Emulsion) that's why the product worked so beautifully! The KEY I believe is to have well-moisturized legs initally!
I'm very very pale (and asian) so the tan itself is much darker than any other product that I've used, but it's EXACTLY the perfect degree of darkness that I want! It's so beautiful with just one application now that I don't need to keep layering and layering and trying to build more colour.

General impression: EXCELLENT! The BEST I've ever used!
Smell: minimal
Klutz-factor: VERY easy to use. Spray within 15 cm, then rub product in.
Preps: exfoliation would be good, but having MOISTURIZED legs is essential. I do NOT mean that you have to put on a moisturizer before applying the product, but rather the general health and condition of your legs should be good.
Tan: several shades darker than your natural skin tone; good for those who are more experienced. If this is your first time using a self-tanner, I would recommend the lotion/milk type which develops a tan much more gradually to help you control the colour. Better yet, Jergen's body moisturizer (Natural Glow) would be a good start.
Packaging: always great, easy to use. It is flammable however as with all airsprays... so do be careful!
Price: 34$CAD for 150ml; decent price imo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Ziora

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Flash Bronzer Airbrush while standing on a towel. My skin has a slight tan from summer and is slightly olive. The results are a beautiful, natural-looking tan I would compare to a base tan of 10 visits in a regular tanning bed. There is no orange cast or streaking. I had a splotchy area on the side of my foot where I didn't rub it in, but a few diligent swipes with hydrogen peroxide blended it perfectly. I didn't apply to my arms, face, neck, or upper chest and there is no obvious line of demarcation. I made sure to wash my hands, soles of feet, and wiped with peroxide over the "grab areas" of ankles, between toes, and around nails. Applied just enough to cover the skin and not to the point of dripping. The smell isn't too bad and didn't last long. It dried in about 40 minutes, with a tan developing fully after 8 hours. No itchiness or staining of linens.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by jeadore

I love this self tanner! Usually with self tanners I have to apply a TON everyday for several days before getting the color I want, but with this one, one application and that's it! You definitely have to rub it in, but thats whats to be expected from pretty much all self tanners. The smell is ok..not great, but not to the point where I can't stand it either. If you exfoliate daily (I use a plastic pouf thing in the shower) it won't wear off in patches, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Emmy2001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would highly recommend this self tanner for expert self tanners like myself with little time. I hop in the shower, spray it on and make sure to rub it in and then after, it looks so believable! I have used these products for a long time and this is the fastest way to get a glow. The smell wasnt bad either. I found it at TJ Max cheap and everytime I go, I buy more. It also looks great if you put bronzer over it for a night out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

I bought this a few months ago, when I found it at Marshall's for $10. I had not read the reviews on here like I usually do prior to buying something, and if I did, I probably wouldn't have bought it. After I did read them, I was really worried, and let it sit in my drawer forever. Then the other day I decided to give it a shot. I was really worried. But alas, it gave me probably the most perfect tan I have had from all the tanners I have tried! It was not at all too dark, too orange, too anything. It did not have a really bad smell. It wasn't the best smell, but I could deal with it. As long as you do not apply too much, and rub it in after, it is fine. And my little secret is, right after applying this, I put Dove Energy Glow over top, which pretty much helps any fake tan I use. Like I said though, don't use too much and you'll be fine. UPDATE: Jan 1,2007. Now that it is starting to wear off, it comes off in really big patches. Horrible! I am half tan and half white. I guess the search continues for the perfect self tanner. :sigh:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by orli_b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best fake tans i've ever used and believe me I've used ALOT! Admittedly the nozzle is too stiff and I found you need two hands to press it down. If you spray too much it drips everywhere so spray minimally, rub it in and spray some more. It gives a very even dark tan in one application. It does feel oily on the skin but it dries quickly and develops overnight.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by onmycue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wouldn't pay full price, but for $10 at Marshall, why not? I did a very light application to my legs and rubbed it in well and they're not bad. But the smell, which I can normally tolerate, is exactly like an old bug spray we used when I was little. Instant scent association! I'll finish the bottle, but the bug spray memory is too strong to make me want to revisit this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jenD

I really really wanted to like this better than I do. I managed to pick it up at Marshalls for $10--I wouldn't have paid full price of $28.50
First of all the color that it gives is great--actually one of the nicest tan colors I've gotten from a self tanner.
The problem is that I wasn't careful with my feet--and they're terrible splotchy--terrible. I havent' been able to wear shorts for a week. Well, I thought if that was the only problem, it might not be so bad, because that was my fault. But unfortunatly, it's been wearing off streaky for me. A dissappointment.

PROS-- Easy to apply, great color, the color actually lasts for quite a few days--much longer than my Savage Bronser
MINUSES-- Takes a long time to dry, comes off streaky, you have to be very careful with your foot area.

I'll be going back to my old faithful Savage Bronzer after this. Don't pay full price for this!!

Edit--I tried using this again. It's horrible. Don't even waste $10 on it. It comes off streaky and splotchy