Hard Candy candy coating lip gloss - all colors

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got the cotton candy one, which is a pretty pink. when i tried it on, i had so much glitter on my lips which made it itchy. Then it gave me a rash for a while. The smell is a bit weird.

on 5/10/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This one I tried on a whim and itís a pretty basic product. Their nothing special about it it dose itís job well but for the price I can get something else that dose the same thing for a lot cheaper.
I do love the packaging.

Won't be buying again.

I love the brush with this product and with it being the shape and size it is, it doesn't take up too much space in your bag. I bought this in Caramel, which was a lovely warm peachy beige. I'm not overly fond of the formula. It looks lovely on application but has no staying power whatsoever. Its a shame because i too believe that hard candy produce some of the best glosses out there but their newer products have been a bit of a disappointment.

on 3/1/2007 9:32:00 AM

I love Hard Candy, they make some of the best gloss so I had to try this type. I got the Caramel one that is more of a neutral color with a peach scent. Love the packaging but the gloss is too oily for me. It doesn't stay on my lips. I am in love with the Super Shine gloss as that stays on for hours. Candy Coating does NOT. The smell is great and the color looks great on my lips but the staying power isn't there. If they could get the consistency like the Super Shine or even the Kiss & Tell, they'd have a winner.

on 10/15/2006 4:23:00 PM

I bought this in the cotton candy color. Beautiful gloss, sparkly and pink. When i first applied it I thought it was WAY too red, and the packaging is light pink...so i was like wth? But then i applied it again another day, this time less, and it turned out really nice. However, HORRIBLE packaging!!! Yeah sure it's cute, and it's good for a present...but sometimes i accidently turn too much and glops of lipgloss come out and when i cap it it leaks!! I would try maybe a different color another day.

on 5/12/2005 11:33:00 PM

i really enjoy these glosses overall, but if youre looking for something with staying power, they arent for you. the texture is thin to medium and very glossy without a bit of stickiness, so they require frequent application. each color has microglitter that stays behind a bit after the gloss had worn off. they have no taste, but a pleasant fruity sugar smell. i dont find the smell of jellybean (the darkest color) to be very pleasant, but thats just my personal preference.

they come in a click pen with a brush applicator. the pen is opaque, making it a bit hard to tell how much you have left unless you hold it up to the light. the packaging is of decent quality and the mechanics of the pen work well without sending blobs of gloss gushing like some pens can.
continued >>