September 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Photogenic Compact [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by bellinoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It is a great powder that reminds me a lot of the L'Oreal True Match. The Lancome one is finer and blends easier into your skin. Although it is quite expensive, I cannot think of a better pressed powder in the market for very fair skin that does a better job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Expensive but a great pressed powder. I use it just for touch up's. I picked this up as I needed a new MAC Blot Powder however no one was at their counter, so I sauntered over to Lancome and picked this up in Translucent. Gives an amazing glow from within, like candlelight (no shimmer though). You need a light hand for touching it up as it can be a bit much at first but once you get the hang of it you will realize it is worth it. Stays well, doesn't make my skin dry - and I tend to be on the drier side of normal. I love this powder - I would probably buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by eandrews6338

EW this powder is awful and not worth the money! the lady at the counter told me they only sold this in translucent which was a lie obviously and she ended up selling me this in pale beige which was wayyy too dark for my skin I ended up returning it and trying the other shades and they still were too dark and made my skin look dry and flaky this powder is CRAP and way too expensive!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

You know what's an exact drugstore dupe of lancome photogenic? I swear I'm going to get massacred by my beloved MUA'ers for saying this but: Neutrogena's Mineral Sheers. The one with the powder built in to the brush. I know all about the terrible reviews, but this actually isn't suppose to be a bad review for lancome photogenic because I actually really like neutrogena mineral sheers a lot! Sheer coverage (ie. not very pigmented) that soaks up oil and doesn't look fake or cakey because both seem to have those flaw diffusing translucent pigments. Neither has much lasting power but because of the sheerness you don't feel like you're caking it on when you reapply either. Both look fantastic in pictures. What's funny is that I might actually like neutrogena's better because the photogenic powder doesn't cake easily but it can if you overapply and neutrogena has never gone overboard for me no matter how much I use. Plus, I can feel better about putting a mineral powder on my skin versus a normal powder. I have lancome's photogenic pressed powder in translucent and while it's a very decent powder (thus my fairly high rating), because there are drugstore dupes out there I do feel like I'm getting ripped off by lancome. Nice powder but I wouldn't repurchase.

EDIT: Even better dupe? Coastal Scent Silica powder!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

this powder is nicee and very fine but the price is too expensive and i just realize there is some powder that have almost the same quality but WAY cheaper. So if you willing to pay more than 25+ dollars for this go ahead and try it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by tracy1031

really great over my photogenic foundation, or any foundation really. yes it is sheer, but the soft pretty finish and light weight feel are PERFECT. one compact has lasted me 7+ months. this does not control oil at all though, so if you are looking for a all day matte thing look, then no.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product. It wasn't noticeable that I was wearing make-up and it made my skin look flawless and smooth. The powder is very light and smooth. The compact is pretty and there's a mirror, but the sponge could be improved. Overall, it makes me look natural yet gives the finishing touch to conceal any minor blemishes or oily spots on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG! HG! TRANSLUCENT!Loooooove this powder! I apply it w/a Kabuki brush all over my face (after MUFE matte foundation/full cov. concealer) and its the only powder i've used that gives me a candlelight-soft-luminous-smooth-glow. Usually reapply after every few hours and there's no crusty build-up, no streaking, no oh-my-gosh-u-just-powdered-your-face kinda look. It just re-activates the soft aura finish. It's a great price at 29$ US. Can carry it w/me everywhere & not have to worry about a potential hazardous mess (that my bare minerals can create) in my purse! Buy! Buy! Buy! Or at least Try! Try! Try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Dana5489

This powder is awesome. I wear it over the photogenic foundation and it makes my skin look flawless. I use a large powder brush to apply it instead of the little pad that comes in the compact. I wore this powder at my wedding and the pictures came out great - my skin looked perfect. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this a 3.5, but Ill give it the benefit of the doubt and up it to a 4.

I really like this powder, but only for fall and winter. Unfortunately my skin gets really oily in summer and pores get huge. Also, photogenic doesnt offer full coverage like dual finish does. However, that said, it is a great light to medium coverage powder veil that can go on top of your foundation, and since it comes in so many more colors than the foudnation I use (Teint Idole) I can use it to correct my foundation color all year long.

I wouldnt buy it again because I just bought Dual finish and will be trying that out, but nonetheless this is a great powder. It does give some glow and I do have to blot half way through the day but it doesnt make me nasty and oily, just a little more glowy than Id like to be. Im sure it would work wonders on dry skin.

It gives a great light reflecting finish, the package is really nice, I like the mirror it comes with althought the powder puff will eat all the powder up so I dont recommend it (I brush the powder on with a small gwp lancome brush I got, sometimes I press it on with a sponge for fuller coverage).

At 28 dollars or something, Im sure Ill be liking dual finish better (at 35 its a much better value since you get more product and it works as a foundation).

One major gripe with this powder was that it did not mask pores like Dual finish and Teint idole. I need to use all pore-masking makeup otherwise my pores get really big n nasty looking.