September 20, 2014 | 1799 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Blushing Bronze Creme Stick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2005 3:23:00 PM More reviews by samster1093

I've always been very skeptical about NYC products; my friends use them, but how good can they be for such a low price tag? Obviously, pretty good. Well, I found this at the drugstore today when looking for a bronzer that wasn't a powder so I wouldn't have to shell out for a brush and the compact (since the ones those compacts come with are useless). This was the perfect solution: it was a cream that could be applied with my fingertips! The packaging is the same as Stila's color push-ups, and I think it's best for nose and cheeks only. It delivers very sheer, natural color with some fine shimmer, but not too much for daytime. The texture is creamy and smooth, and easily blendable on skin. I can see myself using this every day. I guess I was wrong about NYC!

UPDATE: after wearing this for a few days, I've realized that it's okay for daytime wear because although when you first apply it the shimmer sits atop your skin (and is quite obnoxious), it gets absorbed into your skin so the shimmer isn't so obvious. For a natural summertime look, I apply this to my cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin (don't forget to blend and rub in!) and slick on some Neutrogena gloss in Groove. As a finishing touch, just a hint of black mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Stellae

Love, Love, Love!!! I'm pretty fair so lots of bronzers look obvious on me unless I do some neck action to deal with the contrast...too much of a pain, IMO. This is so sheer and perfect- just enough irridescence to look like nice glowing skin & not chalky, pasty, obvious, made-up, etc. Great packaging, Thin oval shape is great for shape of cheeks where the sun would actually hit. Great stuff! Hooray!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great pruchase for summer! I couldn't resist the cute packaging for the pricetag of $2.99. It is a bit shimmery, making it hard to wear for daytime, but I am sure it's all in how heavy a hand you use in application. The color applies beautifully and fairly sheer. It's a great complexion booster and easy to use without that heavy make-up feeling. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2005 9:42:00 PM More reviews by MALRK

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! It's Stila's push ups, but only $2.99! I'm in shock that it's that cheap and has great quality and color. All i can do is wait for NYC to come out with this in blush imitations of Stila's push ups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by victoriamegatron

This is a really great deal, cute Stila-like packaging and sheer, wearable, shimmery bronze coloring. The formula glides on smooth. Bonus, it's portable and it's only $2.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by veroP

Great product for the price! The color is not muddy, the stick convenient and portable. Get it while they last.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2005 3:10:00 AM More reviews by tricky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the Stila- esque packaging. Similar formula to the color ups, except these're less greasy and have actual pigment. This isn't too shimmery, which happens to me alot with bronzers, but lends a nice glow without just tons of glittery sparkle or greasiness. The shimmer is very high quality and finely made.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 11:14:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry but I just could not resist the cute packaging of this thing! A flattened twist up stick (like those from Stila, as mentioned below) Quite small and portable. I'm a sucker for anything 'stick' or 'bronze' so this was a given. It looks darker than it applies. Gives a pretty sheer bronzey glow. Very cute!
EDIT: Just want to add that I agree with beauty junkie ~ this *is* very similar to NARS South Beach Multiple! (yes, I have both). If you don't want to splurge on NARS, get this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2005 8:42:00 AM More reviews by beauty_junkie_04

I saw this at CVS as part of a limited-edition summer collection display. At $2.99, I couldn't help picking one up...and I'm not disappointed that I did! This creme bronzer comes in a little twist-up stick, just like the Stila color push-up things. The color and texture of this creme bronzer is VERY similar to my NARS South Beach Multiple. I swiped both of them on the back of my hand, and there's no notable difference between the two. Cute packaging, nice product, and dirt cheap - I'm pleased!