October 26, 2014 | 1212 users online

Moisturizers - La Vitton - Face Rejuvenating Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by yoshipeach

All of La Vitton and Laventine's products break me out. Plus, what's up w/ this company making up fake accounts to highly rate their products???

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by zombie_candy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one that ruined my skin in conjuction with the cleansing oil. my skincare regime was proactiv before this and it was fine (i'm very acne/cystic acne prone) but i was worried about putting too much chemicals on my skin and decided to switch to a more natural approach. this and the OCM was so hyped up by everybody so i tried it for about 4 weeks. it gave me millions of tiny red pimples all over my entire face. when i tried to switch back to proactiv, it just didn't work for me like it used to. it's like my skin changed again. ugh....that was back in september 2006. it's now march 2007 and i'm left with hideous hyperpigmentation and still battling reoccuring cystic acne. i usually get 4 or 5 on my chin now.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2007 3:23:00 AM More reviews by patlpt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first bought the product, it worked really well. It gave me radiant skin although it was very oily and left lots of dust particles in the air sticking to my face.

Towards the beginning of the second set, I contracted eczema. I read that rosehip oil soothes irritated skin and that it could ease the itch that was associated with eczema. I continued using it only to see my skin condition getting worse.

I stopped it totally and my eczema healed. Since then, I have been trying to bring back that amazing moment when I had first tried the rejuvenating oil but i always end up with clogs, lots of them.

My conclusion is that the rejuvenating oil is not moisturizing enough. The oil stays put on the surface of the skin instead of being absorbed. Because it suffocates the skin, clogs form.

I am stuck with almost the full set of the rejuvenating face oil and eye oil. If anyone is interested, I can let it go.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by namm1gr1s

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on the rave reviews I bought the set for normal/dry skin. I think the face rejuvenating oil is okay but nothing special. It hasn't wreaked havoc on my skin but it hasn't done anything positive either. This is a more of a basic essential oil. I much prefer Decleor aromaessences, Sundari oils, Clarins or even plain Rosehip Oil for a more noticeable effect. In my opinion, this oil is a bit thicker in texture than most essential oils that I have used. It seems to take a bit longer to absorb. I will probably use the rest of it up on my body not my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 9:46:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

This doesn't seem to be breaking me out, so far. I use only 2-3 drops and use as an occasional night treatment, when I am not using Clarins Lotus or Diacneal. Too soon to be sure if this is a HG product, and will update in a few months.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2006 7:39:00 AM More reviews by cupcakes_yum

My skin is sensitive and prone to clogging, i purchased the pack for oily/combination skin. I had such high hopes for this but it was no good for me. Made me break out in little bumps everywhere and badly on my nose. I wouldn't recommend it at all but im glad it worked for everybody else :) update: i've just read that the first ingrediant listed being rosehip oil is problematic for those who are prone to break outs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2006 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

I bought the oily-combination version of this oil, in their 3-product facial set. This product has a bit of a learning curve, and I fiddled with it for a while before I figure out EXACTLY how to make it work for my oily (but dry in some spots), acne-prone, sensitive skin. I only use it at night, as it takes about 15-20 minutes to sink in. Even before it sinks in, it doesn't feel heavy on my skin--but it's hard to put makeup and sunscreen on over it, so I leave it for the evenings. I use 2-3 drops, and it's more then enough for my entire face, so this should also me several months, if not a year.

I used this by itself for a few weeks, and had good results--it didn't aggravate my acne (big plus!) or clog my pores, and it definitely kept my skin moisturized and soft. I also wake up with far less of an oily sheen over my face. However, in order to make this more powerful in actually getting rid of acne, I added a few drops each of pink grapefruit, rosemary, peppermint (1-2 drops is MORE then enough of this one), lemongrass, vetiver, makura, and lavender. I also added a few drops of helichrysum, which works beautiful with the rosehip oil here to fade old scars. The end result: an mix that's actually starting to heal and prevent acne. Don't be intimidated by the list of essential oils (some of which are quite pricy)...this works perfectly well by itself. I'm just picky, with impossible skin, and lucky enough to have access to some fantastic add-in ingrediants. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by rosieu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I love La Vitton cleansing oil so much I finally ordered their facial set, and by far I'm happy with it. The face oil for oily/combo skin is a little lighter than the eye oil, which I think should be. The oil has no smell, which is nice. But the most important is that it moisturizes so well and at the same time cut the oily part of my forehead ans nose. My skin used to be either very oily in some part, or dull and gray if I use oil control cream, but this face oil seems to moisturize and balance my skin at the same time, and no breakouts so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this moisturizer. it deeply moisturizes without any grease or shine. ur skin just feels smooth and glows. i put 4 lippies for now becuz i need to know if it will break me out in the long run. will update later. but so far so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2006 11:33:00 AM More reviews by jujubee126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought La Vitton's oily/combo face kit and I find that the face rejuvenating oil is like jojoba oil but better. I apply it by rubbing two drops between my palms for a bit to warm up the oil and then patting it all over my face. It's a great moisturizer and makes my face look less oily throughout the day. Hasn't broken me out either. My only complaint is that the packaging can get really annoying. I like the fact that it uses a dropper, but it seems like everytime I twist it open, some oil dribbles out from the sides...so the bottle gets a bit oily.

*EDIT* This stuff lasts a long time! I'm still in love with it. Great moisture without the grease!