July 26, 2014 | 1510 users online

Toners - Mary Kay - Hydrating Freshner 1

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not bad. Much better than their other toners made for oily skin even if you have oily skin. I have oily skin, but sensitive. Their other toners were awful, I could stand this one though. Not my go-to toner, (my go-to is 100% Pure brand Jasmine Green Tea Tonique), but works enough that I will finish up the bottle. I thought it would be cheaper than the Green Tea Tonique, but you have to use more of it for the same effect, so works out to be about the same in cost, and does not work as well. If one is loyal to the MK brand though, I definitely suggest getting the Hydrating Freshner 1 over their other toners even if you have oily skin, esp. if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The most benign of the MK toners - no alcohol and suitable for normal to dry and all but the most sensitive skin types. No problems using it - although I like BeautiControls tonics a bit better for the (low) price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by PetuniaCom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alcohol-free? Yes please! I have normal skin, but my face is dehydrated, and I've tried so many to rehydrate my skin, and this has been the answer so far. It cleans my face, it doesn't sting, and so far my face is getting less and less dry after a few months of use. I can't find anything negative about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by SmileyFaceChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mary Kay Freshener Formula 1: I really do love this toner. It is alcohol, fragrance, and oil free. Although I have oily skin, my face responds really well to the MK Freshener 1. I use it with the Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3. The toner does not curb oiliness on my face and it does not increase oil production, either. Since I have been using the MK Freshener 1, my skin is cleaner, clearer, and brighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this toner. It takes off all the dirt and grime left behind after washing my face. I know it does, cuz I see it on the cotton ball.
I love how it doesn't feel like it's stripping my skin, because my skin doesn't feel tight. It feels refreshes and hydrated with this. I absolutely love this freshner and the other Mary Kay purifying freshner.
Another thing I noticed is that it works better than everyones beloved witch hazel. I bought the witch hazel everyone was raving about, cleaned my face with it after washing it. The cotton ball didn't show much, but when I used this freshner, I saw a lot of what the witch hazel missed.
So, I absolutely love this and have been using it for years.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by poozi

I bought this from a MK consultant last year, who claimed it's gentle for the skin, and may clear up some of the blackheads on my nose! But, I really cannot stand this chemical smell on the toner, the smell of alchohol. I feel like applying achohol everytime when I used it. Though my face has no reactions, I don't feel that much refreshed either. The end is, I avoided using it for a year or so, and at last I poured it down to my sink! I feel I wasted enough $$. My sister resisted even to try it when she smelled its scent. But she complimented on the last toner I bought, the Biothems' Soft Pink Toner for sensitive skin! ...I regret about the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ40

I like this freshener in during the winter months when the indoor heat is on. This freshener has no fragrance and is very gentle to my skin and is not drying. The package says that it helps prep your skin for moisturizer, and I don't know how, but my face does really good when I take the time to use it before moisturizing. I like the bottle, the cap screws off, but there is a stopper with a small hole so the contents do not dispense too fast. 9/20/07 - update. I have been using this in the summer even though my skin tends to be oily. The really amazing thing about this toner is it makes my pores look much smaller! I will continue to use this year-round from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like screw on caps but otherwise I find this toner to be drying and harsh