September 1, 2014 | 2101 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Designer Chocolates Quad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I freakin love this quad!!! The colors are very well pigmented and not chalky on my lids (im nc5, PPP) at all. They lasted all day, no crease and fading that I could see. They are silky satin (not too matte and not glittery) shades. I will be using this for a long time!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Am buying backups. This gives a polished, amazing neutral look. You need a good base. i use Fyrinnae pixie epoxy. it is a tiny bit chalky n powdery, but not bad for price. The undertone is not red in the slightest. The liner shade works perfectly for my brows too. This and a plum, bronze, or berry lipstick=my perfect polished, pretty look. Just a bit of liquid liner and mascara=done. Drugstore is so good these days. You can combine this with a wet n wild eyeshadow or a rimmel scandaleyes shadow stick to change the effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ktmacup

The packaging is different then it is in the picture now. The crease color is small and when you try to get any on a brush it gets all over the other colors.
Also all of the colors are crazy unpigmented! I bought this bc the crease color was so pretty and it does not even show up at all on my lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

I have had this for about 2 years.
I absolutely love this quad. I am using it now in the winter, and it looks amazing. All of the colors are nicely pigmented (the cranberry could be better), and stay in place without creasing or fading. I just wish that they would be a little smoother. I would recommend! :)
OH! The lid fell off on me. lol

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The quality of the eyeshadow is a bit iffy, maybe a little chalky or something, but applies okay and stays all day. The shades are really nice and my favorite is the crease shade--a mauve-y sparkly pink.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I purchased the newer version of this quad (long liner pan, large base pan, smaller eyelid/crease pans) and I have noticed that the pigmentation in the newer versions of this quad are a bit chalkier and lackluster compared to the formulas of the version before (all pans were the same size). I have not tried the earlier version of Designer Chocolates though so old/new versions aside, I found this product to be so-so.

In their pans the colors for Designer Chocolates appears intense and are beautifully coordinated, but on application the pigment is chalky and dry, making them difficult to lift from their pans and even more difficult to build the intensity on the eyelids. Granted, Designer Chocolates is intended to look natural so this is probably why the pigmentation is so sheer. But I really appreciate the rosy-pink crease color as this significantly brings warmth to the eyes that's actually noticeable. I recommend this be worn with a primer, as otherwise you will probably not notice any color.

This is a great starter palette for beginners; you can't mess up. It's also a good everyday quad for day wear and for office looks, and it's very affordable at $4$5. I personally would not repurchase this as I prefer stronger pigmentation and easier application. I am absolutely in love with Maybelline's Eye Studio Color Plush Quads, which are twice the price but softer/silkier in texture and better pigmentation, and with their Eye Studio Color Tattoos for their waterproof formula and shade intensity. But for those who just need the bare basics at an affordable price, Expert Wear quads are good enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

We've all been there girls, it's Friday night your going out for drinks after work. You head to the bathroom to touch up your make up and there it is.....you've left your eyeshadow at home.....what are you to do. Duck to the nearest drugstore/chemist for a quick cheapie to do the job. AND thus I purchased the Maybelline Designer Chocolates Quad. It had the colours that I needed and it was under $15 (cheap for Austalia).

Pros: The quad will do the job, each colour is marked with it's 'job' liner, crease etc. I used these accordingly and got the desired effect and it stayed in place for a couple of hours. The colour combo is a great selection, neutral and natural.

Cons: The pigment in these shadows is not the greatest. You have to work with a very very very heavy hand to see any real result on your eyes.

When I swatched these for the photo above I really had to rub my fingers into the powder to get any product on my fingers. That being said, I think that this would be a great pallette for a young girl just starting to wear makeup. Not to hard to use and you can't make any REAL mistakes with it. Oh I ditched the crappy brushes though and used my own. WHICH I REMEMBERED BUT NOT MY EYESHADOW....... :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette! I've been reaching for it over my Urban Decay Naked2. I'm not seeing any problems with fading or low color pay off with these shadows, with the exception of the lid shade, which is a little chalky. I've been applying the CG Intense Shadow Blast in the beige on my lid prior to application, and that might be helping with the longevity.

By far, the pinky-burgundy/cranberry (crease) shade makes this quad stand out. I love brown and pinks/plums/burgundies together. That color combo makes my eye color pop.

My only complaint is that the packaging has changed. The base shade portion is pretty large, the lid and crease shades are small rectangles, and the "liner" shade (I use it in the outer corner) is long and skinny. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I will go through the crease color quickly because I will be using this with other shadows, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetlillies

Not my favorite quad. I was thinking I would use this for an everyday look. Can be suitable to others but It didn't work for me. It has the payoff color and stays on the eye lid for the whole day. Affordable price, but not my cup of tea.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Surprising enough, I reallyreally like this quad. I've been wearing it everyday for the past two weeks and it's gorgeous. What I do is blend a mix of the cranberry and liner shades into my crease, then pat the lid shade on my lid (obviously). Idk if it really makes a difference though, because the lid shade is so nude and chalky that it doesn't really show up. The sparkly white shade I could do without, but I occasionally put a tiny bit on the center of my lids. Overall, these are super cheap shadows that stay put with primer and are perfect for a casual day look!