October 20, 2014 | 1141 users online

Eyeliner - Kevyn Aucoin - The Eye Pencil Primatif Basic Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 3:39:00 AM More reviews by susieq101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The search is now over for the perfect, basic eye pencil since I received this in the mail. I've realized that dark brown fits me better than the classic black, so when this item was on sale on VictoriasSecret.com, I honestly felt compelled to purchase it because Kevyn Aucoin was a makeup genius (not an over-exaggeration & how I miss this beautiful man). The product glides on smoothly (no tugging at all) and lasts all day with very little smudging. You can wield this product quite easily to create any look you want, whether you want a simple, clean, defined eye or a more smudgy, smokey one. This is a fantastic product. Would recommend it to all!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jacks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i actually bought this eyeliner by mistake. i meant to order the brow pencil, but accidentally clicked on the wrong product on a website. regardless, i decided to just try the pencil anyways and i am so glad that i did! this eyeliner is the ONLY non waterproof eyeliner that has not smudged on me through a long 12+ hr day. i've tried many other pencils/eyeliners (bobbi brown gel liner, clinique gel liner and quickliners, lancome artliner, shiesedo, chanel), and although the other pencils blended well, glided on easily, etc., i would always get a little bit of smudging on my lower lashline. plus, this color is perfect for everyday wear. i used to wear black, but now realize that this brown color is a better/softer look for a more "daytime" look. love the pencil and am going to purchase it in black as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by CCW39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Long lasting and highly blendable. This has replaced my former HG MAC Powerpoint in Stubborn Brown. It's a softer look..a lovely chesnut brown tinged with warmth that doesn't over power my fair skin.

It blends like a dream! I have brown and black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this pencil since... I think since it was warm, like, August, I believe. Anyway, I have other liners - cake ones, gel ones, other pencils, a felt-tip... I reach for this one. Every time. The other ones are jealous.

I thought the Cat Cosmetics pencil in Espresso was a good color - this one is GREAT. Not too dark, not too light. Juuuuuuust right! The Bobbi Brown brown gel liner was too dark. The Scott Barnes liner was a little too light. The cake liners are still great to make a dramatic line that isn't too dark, so I still use those for the stage because they last longer, but this pencil is amazing.

And yes, I do use the sponge end for smoking it out. It's awesome. And it's getting shorter... damn. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 9:08:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LLL, NC20, green-hazel eyes>>>It's been awhile since I have used an eyeliner pencil to line my eyes as I usually line w/ eyeshadows/liner brush. I could never really find an eyeliner pencil that excited me until I was lucky enough to try this one..Eye Pencil Primatif Basic brown is a medium/dark-chocolate-coffee color when applied to my skin tone. I am most impressed with the texture/pigment as there is no skipping of color and it's very smooth without being greasy. The other side of the pencil has a sponge-blender which really softens the color without stripping it away. Gorgeous packaging too! Definitely a luxury staple for anyone's makeup bag. I plan on purchasing KA's plum liner too as the quality/texture is awesome! Thumbs up for this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Since I had great success with the KA eyeshadow palette I just had to splurge and try the eyeliner. I'm so glad I spent the money on this one. I had stopped using pencil eyeliner for over 2 years because I just couldn't get it to blend properly and couldn't get it to stay in place with my watery allergy ridden eyes. I decided to break my ban on pencils and give this one a try. I have to say I'm one happy makeup junkie right now. This eyeliner is amazing! $23 for an eyeliner seemed like highway robbery but I can't stress enough how this is worth every penny. Not only is it much longer than normal eyeliners, you get this great smudger on one end that is far superior than any other smudger I've come across. This one isn't scratchy and doesn't "remove" the color like many of them do. It actually just smudges the line softly while leaving the color and intensity intact. The liner itself is sort of like the Anna Sui liner/kohl that Kevyn was so fond of but it has a little bit creamier consistency and is very thin. The color glides on without pulling but it also isn't greasy enough to smear everywhere. It stays where you put it even after curling your lashes with a warm eyelash curler. My eyes were watering up a storm and this liner stayed beautiful and smudge free. It didn't end up anywhere on the lower rim of my eye or anywhere else that I didn't put it. Usually I line my eyes and then curl my lashes because the curl makes it hard to get the line straight. Doing pencil eyeliner this way usually pulls off some of the color and "dilutes" my liner down to a faded color that isn't always flattering. This eyeliner actually held up to the curling like no pencil eyeliner ever has. I was shocked. No color came off on my eyelash curler! Amazing! My husband even noticed how nice my eyeliner looks and he's not a big fan of eyeliner. He commented on how big my eyes looked and how full my lashes were. That's what I was going for so mission accomplished. I've been using a very thin eyeliner brush and dark powder shadows forever out of necessity. Now I have a choice. I will repurchase this again and again and will definitely try the other colors. I couldn't be happier at my temporary loss of sanity at spending $23 for a stick of eyeliner. It really was worth every penny and then some. This one is in a class all it's own.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No