September 30, 2014 | 1325 users online

Toners - Mary Kay - Blemish Control Toner #3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by vmf04

I've been using this product for almost ten years. If used CORRECTLY (after you cleanse with a cleansing product and follow with the proper moisturizer for your skin type) it does the job. I used to have to use it every day when I was a teenager and when I lived in a more tropical area, but now that I've gotten older, and am not quite as acne prone (I never thought the day would come!), I only have to use it in my cleansing regimen a few times a week and around 'that time' of the month. They key with this product is not to rely on it as your cleanser, that's not what it's for. If you have sensitive skin, it might be a bit harsh. If you're oily or acne prone, then this is for you. The #3 actually means it's for those skin types.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by sammraovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS PRODUCT IS DISCONTINUED BY THE COMPANY! THAT IS GREAT NEWS CAUSE IT WAS TERRIBLE! This product has WAY too much alcohol, which causes me flaking and it burns! (and I'm even a Mary Kay Consultant!) I hate this product and have been calling Mary Kay for years to replace it with a Salicylic Acid 2% concentration with NO ALCOHOL and I've asked them to take out those stinky irritating plant extracts.

Mary Kay finally discontinued it, but they went ahead and put this terrible formula in their new product line called "Clear Proof" so do not buy the Toner from Clear Proof in the Mary Kay line because it's the same as the Classic Basic and it's TERRIBLE! The rest of the Clear Proof Line is just fine, there are about 5 products in total in the Clear Proof Line, and the only one to avoid is the liquid toner.

Alcohol is not good for the skin, and the Clear Proof toner has tons of alcohol in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by stimm1993

Great toner for use after the mk cleanser!!!
Removes blemishes fast!!!
Use a moisurizer affter if u have dry skin!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Gwenieeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite toner by far! You can't give it a bad rating for doing what a toner does, I mean come on guys, you apply it with a cotton ball, it smells a little, and tingles. ITS A TONER.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by clmacintyre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner is great! It helps control my oily skin but it is very drying and I avoid using it on my cheeks and just stick to my t zone but it feels refreshing and cool on my skin at the end of the day! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Dreviola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE. This keeps my oily skin at bay, and reduces the appearance of blemishes/ acne if I have any. DO NOT use if you have dry OR sensitive skin, because this is drying! I like it because my face is really oily, and this takes care of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

Worst.Thing.I.Have.Every.Put.On.My.Face PERIOD.Use it only once and wake up with a face full of white irrtated bumps!!Burnt awful when i applied it.Never gonna buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by MollieMichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just got this product today so i will have to update later. at first i wasnt sure how to use it bc this is the first toner ive used. you just apply to the blemished areas and i guess dont wash it off? its verryy liquedy like water so its easier to apply on a cotton ball. the product is not odorless like they say.. it smells pretty gross but its tolerable and goes away. well i really hope this works and ill update later!
UPDATE ok its been to weeks. ive noticed just i slight difference in my skin. it takes away a little bit of my acne but it not helping at all with preventing new ones to form :( the first week i kind of thought it was getting worse. a little more oily and red. i use it twice a day. and started off with once a day. it does slightly dry out my skin. im going to keep using this for a while and hope for better results.
UPDATE: havent used in a while. quit using bc it burned my skin and when i woke up it was red and slightly irritated or the same as when i put it on. i think theres better out there so i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Denice85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok. Love hate relationship with this. No toner works for me tried them most they are just useless to my skin. They just don't do nothing but irritate my skin. I got this why I don't know. My skin is a walking clog pore. When I get facials my skin is clogged a few hours later like nothing like no facial had been done. Anyways about the toner #3 why don't know my self but got it. Ok I like it really dries your pimple in one night maybe less and I'm talking huge puss like ingrown in pimple. It dries it. It does sting. It does work very well but like always a catch. If used everyday or m ore time as day it will irritate the skin and dry it. So conclusion only use a couple days in a week or if there is a big pimple this would be the treatment to do overnight the pimple will be gone by morning. Well life isn't perfect neither is skin and skin care oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by tgiic15

this is the only toner that cleared up my face. I have tried using all sorts of toner for my acne and none worked, until this product.

i stopped using this because it is not available where I am currently based and I tried looking for other alternatives but i still keep coming back to this toner to clear my face from acne.

however you should have a pretty good moisturizer because it would really dry up your skin.