November 28, 2014 | 2077 users online

Blush - Avon - True Color Powder Blush in Golden Glow (Light/Medium)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I have to admit, I'm kind of a makeup snob. Now, if you go through my reviews, you'll see a nice, even mix of high-end & drugstore products that I've used and reviewed. In reality, a label/logo/name does zero for me if the product sucks. I think that is true for most. Pretty compacts, well known designer makeup etc etc makes me happy, makes me feel good, and look good on my vanity. But if it looks like crap on my face, who gives a damn how luxe and expensive it looks? Sometimes pricey products blow. Sometimes cheap products are amazing. We all know this. This is one of those cheap, yet amazing products that I stumbled upon completely by accident. And I'm soooo glad I did.

I got a barely used compact of this blusher in the shade mentioned, Golden Glow. Although "glow" is in the name, it has minimal shimmer which I appreciate very much because it accentuates pores and I grew out of glitter makeup (for the most part, ha ha) in eighth grade. It gives me a beautiful, golden, well, golden GLOW like the name implies and applies just right-not too sheer, not too densely. The formula is damn near flawless. There's nothing wrong with it as I can see or feel. It doesn't feel heavy or chalky, wears gorgeously throughout the night and day, and blends seamlessly with good brush work. The color looks perfect and natural on me, yet is buildable without being atrociously heavy or yucky feeling or looking. It can go dramatic or natural. I love the healthy glow it gives me, and used with a little bronzer it makes me look perfectly and absolutely sun kissed, minus the whole skin cancer risk. It is the only Avon product I own, and I don't know a consultant. Also I've heard Avon has a baaaad habit of discontinuing even good, profitable products, and I don't know if it's even available or if this shade is available in their catalogue. Perhaps Amazon? I dunno. I still have a good amount left. All in all, it's absolutely gorgeous, sweet color payoff without being too dark, just perfect. Can't say enough good things. 5/5. As long as its available, I will repurchase, and perhaps try out new shades as long as the product quality is as good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

This is the perfect shade of 'true peach' i.e. it has more yellow than pink in it without looking orange. Looks a tad shimmery in the pan but it is more of a pearly sheen than anything and hardly noticeable. Makes skin look glowy without looking like you have tried too hard. Makes skin appear flawless - velvety texture which doesn't look powdery or show up pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by happyKoala

I have never had a blush that has made me "glow" as much as thi sblush. The colour does not last all that long but it is gorgeous! the powder is very easy to blend and the packaging is adorable, the peachy colour looks beast in olive skintone and absolutely lovely in the summer sun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This blush was a surprise- a friend gave it to me and I didn't think much of it, put it in a drawer for a while and then one day I tossed it into my makeup bag for on the go use. It ended being one I reach for a lot and it's very easy to use. For my skin (NC 30/C3) which is medium-olive, it's kind of a no-brainer and I don't have to try very hard on application because it is a little on the lighter side, buildable so I can apply it with the brush sometimes even without looking too closely. Nice glowy peachy-brown blush. The only thing is I have to watch what colors I wear it with, otherwise it makes me look too warm/yellow. A very good value from Avon. It also lasts FOREVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by stardust74

I love this shade of blush, it is peach with golden shimmer.It will last you a long time because you only have to use a small amount and it will show up very nice on your skin.I like that it gives me a healthy glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I never like Avon products b/c previous bad experiences. I tried out the Pure fragrance & received this as a bonus gift (can comment on price).
I am NC 30-35, this shows up as a healthy & natural peach glow.
It is totally believably & natural looking, the finish is slightly chromy/sheen, which takes the flatness out of a matte powder and gives it a bit of dimension, even under sunlight, it does not show up glittery (unless you really pile it on)
As always the provided brush is a hum-drum, no problem here. The only complaint is the density of the powder, it is very softly pressed, one swipe & the powder flies all over the place, I would use it over the sink.
Very nice Avon.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a big Avon person but this is actually really nice! Dare I say it is actually very close to Nars Orgasm.....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good, long lasting blush and the color is fabulous on me! I love the peachy sheen it lends my cheeks when I use it, and it is very summery-looking. It's great for a perk-up and it won't bust the bank either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by babyy_yn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pink-brown colour that is a bit peachy and shimmering...on my yellow undertoned medium skin it turns peach but its very very nice, it really does make me glow as if i was well tanned..layer this over some sheer bronzer and its even more amazing..im the type to like to try new things but i haf not found anything i even wanted to try after this..i think i found my HG

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2005 10:17:00 PM More reviews by jensen2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful colour-coral/bronze gives a sun-highlighted kiss of colour that looks healthy and natural. Silky formula wears well and the new updated packaging is beautiful. Winner.