September 19, 2014 | 1940 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Desert Essence - Age Reversal Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by JeanWhite714

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Desert Essence is about half the price of the Clinique eye cream I have used for years, and seems to work better. It has a hexapeptide which promises to freeze eye wrinkles over time. I was skeptical but it seems to have that effect!

I am on my second jar, and will probably continue to buy it. I prefer a pump dispenser but that is my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by ozlema

This cream delivers everything I look for in an eye cream. Maximum moisture without sitting on top of my skin. Natural ingredients. Doesn't irritate my eyes. Pleasant to use. Moderately priced and much better than most high-end creams I've used. Thanks to MUA for introducing me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by djsiberia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought thia based on the product package and the claim it reduced deep wrinkles by 27% after 27 days. I didn't see a difference. It's great that its botanically based, but I'm also looking for an eye cream that lasts throughout the day. I have oily skin and use oil blotting sheets and a face powder a couple times during the day to minimize shine. After a full work day, the area around my eyes where I applied the eye cream was dry and the wrinkles i already have looked worse and it did nothing for the dark circles. It also didn't do much for the fine lines once the eye cream wore off, those also looked worse. I had to come home and reapply. It does go on great and smooth, but for the money I'm going back to Mary Kay - which comes in a pump and not a pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by fadedflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading the great reviews here and love the stuff. It just feels smooth and is very moisturizing. The price is right but I wish that it came in a pump instead of jar. Oh well- I'm pleased with performance and would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2006 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eye cream! Very hydrating, yet never greasy. No milia from this. This Age Reversal Eye Cream has peptides, antioxidants and ingredients that help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It has reduced the crepey skin under my eyes and has definitely helped with fine lines. It contains ingredients (arginine, I believe) that help reduce tension in the tiny muscles around the eyes. Almost like a tiny botox effect ... causing them to relax. Over time the result is less lines and smoother skin surface. I have tried many, many eye creams, and this one is in my top 3 favorites of all time. The other two are Clinique Repairwear Eye Cream and Lancome Renergie Microlift Eye. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Bought this strictly based on the ingred list(see below). It contains some great ingred--lots of antioxidants and peptides. So far it hasn't aggravated my eyes which are super sensitive due to ocular rosacea. It's nicely hydrating w/o greasiness. Mediocre packaging--glass jar--and price is moderate at approx 20 bucks. No fragrance is listed but it has a slight smell. As far as the "age reversal" claim I don't hold out much hope. Ingredients: Water, glycerin, shea butter, almond oil, cetearyl alcohol, caprylic acid, triglyceride, acetyl hexapeptide-3, squalane, hydrogenated lecithin, hedra helix(ivy) extract, commiphor myrrha extract, leucine, valine, tyrosine, arginine, lysine, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, pentylene glycol, chitosan ascorbate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, phytonadione, ubiquinone, callitris intratropica wood oil, chamomile recutitia flower extract, aloe, cucumber, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytospingosine, clolesterol, sodium ascorbate, propylene glycol, polysorbate 60, polysorbate 20, butylene glycol, disodium EDTA, xnathum gum, carbomer, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, triethanolamine.