Equate Petroleum Jelly

Price: $

Petroleum jelly

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is the best of the petroleum jelly products. A 13 oz. jar of Vaseline runs close to $5 at Walmart. A 13 oz. jar of Equate's petroleum jelly is less than $2, and it's a better product. It's softer, absorbs better, and has the feel of a high-end creamy moisturizer. I've had some major skin problems since I have been sick, and the most lingering problem is the skin under my eyes (looks like alligator skin) and the skin on my neck (tight, drawn, scaly). I've tried Aquaphor, which just sits on my skin, and heavy skin creams, which had little effect, but Equate petroleum jelly has been more beneficial than anything else I have tried. My neck looks better now than before I became sick, and the skin under my eyes is back to normal. (One thing that works great for me: I slather Equate on my neck before going to bed and sleep in a buff -- you know, those stretchy tubes you can wear as scarves, hats, neck gaiters,etc. -- and the buff keeps my neck warm and helps the jelly do its job.)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I haven't used this as a make-up remover so I can't comment on that (I use extra virgin olive oil and wet wipes, followed by Equate Cetaphil or Equate Noxzema to remove the oily residue and a gauze square of rubbing alcohol since I have VERY oily skin) but I do use this product on my lips almost exclusively! I found an old travel pill container (metal with a plastic liner) like old ladies used to carry so I fill it with petroleum jelly every so often. I use it multiple times a day and it moisturizes incredibly well! Even better, it can go over lipsticks or lip glosses if I want to add shine without adding more color. This is so much cheaper than actual lip balm, doesn't dry your lips or irritate them with extra ingredients, and can double as first aid for chaffing or dry skin or cuts. My HG lip moisturizer!!!

i started using this on my lips when i found a tube at my boyfriends house, and having the air so dry this winter here in san diego i knew i had to have some for my own house. i got a big tub of it for less than 3 bucks at walmart. so great price. i use it on my chaped lips and dry feet and it works so great!

I have been using this for the past six months or so as a makeup remover and I am so happy I started using it. Before this I was using Physician's Formula lotion eye makeup remover, which is great... but I go through a bottle a month and it gets expensive. I bought this on a whim at the dollar store because it was baby powder scented and I happen to love that smell. I wasn't sure at the time what I was going to use it for but when I got it home I found so many uses it became an instant staple. In the 6 months that I have been using it constantly I have pretty much finished a container of this stuff and started on my second. I feel like it is actually moisturizing my eye area better also, makeup comes off so easily and any residual P.J. just wipes away with a clean cotton pad (which I also buy at the dollar store). I will definitely continue to use and love this for so many reasons and uses.

UPDATE
I do like to use vaseline and petroleum jelly for many things but I have actually converted to Alba Un-Petroleum. It is made from different kinds of oils and waxes and has no petroleum, hence the name. It is much better for you and I am able to use this all over my face without breaking out. I still use my vaseline but just to remove makeup and then I clean off all the vaseline with witch hazel or water,

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Equate is a great generic line for Wal-mart. I never ever thought I would find myself using generic brands, but knowing what I know now, I will probably never go back to using brand names. Active ingredients are typically the same, so why spend more?!?!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Since I was a teenager, vaseline has always been a part of my eye makeup removal routine. It does wonders for my skin around my eyes. I am lucky to be blessed with good genes but I also attribute not having any wrinkles around my eyes from using vaseline as a makeup removal. I will always use this product & it doesn't matter what type/brand you use it all works the same!

This product is Equate Baby Fresh Scent Nursery Jelly. I love this!! This jelly is so much easier to use than regular petroleum jelly. It is not as stiff and has a wonderful scent (of course, baby powder scent) for those who do not mind a little perfume.
I cut this with my EL Daywear Plus moisturizer, and for an older lady, this makes a wonderful moisturizer under any foundation I wear. Just don't use too much. I use about three/fourths EL moisturizer and one-fourth of the petroleum jelly. If you have dry skin, you might want to try this.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great. They have so many different brands for basic petroleum jelly and it's all good. I've tried it on my face and it's fine but I think once my face clears up I'll try it again just to see if it works for me or not.
It's not the most moisturizing compared to hand lotions and such, but it's pretty nice and I like it on my lips. I don't find it blocks my pores or anything and it's really healing. Not very fast but if you put it on with hand lotion, it can work double time.
A great buy and it's good for other things too like fixing a squeak on your dresser drawars for one. I hear it also helps remove makeup which is nice. And there are others I just can't remember. You could probably do a search for other uses.

I use this mainly as a lip balm but it's a really good, dirt cheap make-up remover too! It gets even waterproof stuff off and it doesn't irritate my eyes like a lot of removers do. It makes my lips silky smooth and hydrated. =) And I use it on really dry elbows, knees, etc. For me, however, it does not make a good face moisturizer. It broke me out and gave me really deep, cyst-like zits! The packaging isn't fancy but it's sturdy and doesn't leak. This is my second jar! And it's way cheaper than Vaseline. I'm not saying Vaseline is expensive, I got this one for about 30 cents!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the only thing that will take off some of my waterproof e/l. After using my regular almay oil free eye m/u remover, which usually does a great job, I have found that sometimes my NYC WP e/l just smears under my eyes and I cant get it off, but I swipe of jelly and a tissue and its gone, quickly and gently.

Popular Face Skincare Products