July 28, 2014 | 1034 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Maxius - Flat Iron with Ceramic Plates

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jaymunjal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First, some context: I have frizzy, wavy, thick, Indian hair and live in humid south Florida
- The ceramic plates have teeth on them. Yes hair snags on the teeth (which causes breakage) but without the teeth this iron would not straighten anywhere near as well as it does
- The temperature range allows a hair to be styled from natural-looking body to stick straight hair
- The electrical cord is attached to the straightener in a way that the cord doesn't get twisted as you're using it, which is appreciated
- Lasted for me for four years through many drops and falls
- Straightens beautifully. I once straightened my hair before a sweat-drenched dance marathon at a club and I was the only girl who managed to emerge with straight hair. I used to get a lot of compliments about my pretty, straight hair through my years with this straightener.
- Since my Maxiglide gave out I bought a Hai Convertible straightener and while it works great, I still prefer the Maxiglide

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Zoraech

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with all the previous comments. This flat iron is great. It is so easy to use and creates a sleek, smooth, and healthy hair. It won't frizz or damage your hair as the other irons. The only draw back is that it doesn't last long. I bought one in 2005 which I used for 2 or 3 years and suddenly just stopped working. So I went ahead and bought a second one. The same thing, used it for about three years and broke on me again. Since I really love the product and kind of the only way I could straighten my coarse and think hair, I decided to buy the thrid one. It is now acting up where the light pulb doesn't turn on and the the iron doesn't heat enough to straighten the hair.
I am not sure yet if I should purchase another one. The warranty they have lasts only 2 years. It is a great product, but it has a shelf life of only a few years.
I would recommend this produce if the enduser doesn't mind using it for only a few years and buying a new one each three years or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This pretty much receives the Holy Grail mark from me. I do NOT have "Barbie" hair. My hair is naturally wavy, thick and coarse. I've been using this since 2006 and I LOVE IT! I can honestly say this product straightens hair in 1-2 passes. What makes it so great is that is that you can straighten a fairly large section of hair with this tool as opposed to other straighteners on the market. I've heard some people complain about hair breakage; I assure you this can totally be prevented. If your hair is breaking it's because your applying too much force. Excessive force with this tool is completely unnecessary. I would totally recommend the Maxi Glide for ALL hair types. The maker of this product was definitely thinking outside the box with this one. It's unique because it straightens with steam rather than extreme heat. Additionally it's equipped with a temperature setting which makes it pretty universal for all hair types. If you purchase this I recommend buying it from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They're really good about returns so if your not satisfied with the product there's no harm done. I am 100% satisfied with this product and see no reason to look for anything else at this point in time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by CamaroCutie

I had to write a review about the Maxi Glide XP I can't say enough great things about how well this straightens my hair, for starters, I have super thick, frizzy prone, medium length, natural curly, colored hair, I have to use so many products on it just to keep it under control, it used to take me 3 hours to straighten it using a str8ner I got from Sally's that had the highest heat available anywhere, I think I paid somewhere between $100-125.00 for each every time I purchased one over the last 5 years. I even purchased the one you see at the kiosks in the mall, same price range. Hands down, Maxi Glide was the best, the info -mercial got me, esp. when I noticed a couple of their models had hair very similar to mine & I saw how well it straightened theres, my hair looks fabulous after using it, when normally I'm searching for an extra large clip of some kind just to keep my hair out of my way!! and after using this I'm so proud, my hair actually looks longer (my hair is so curly it shrinks) and so str8 and shiny. You know you can't put a price on how great this iron will make you feel. I'm on my second one, My 1st one quit working, and would not turn on for some reason, I was afraid I blew it up, lol, so I got a new one, they have a 2 yr warranty. I love it and I have tried so many irons in the past and now im never lookin back, don't waste your time or money, trust me if you want straight, sexy hair you should get this product. I purchased mine at www.mymaxiglide.com I haven't seen them anywhere else. The only complaint I have is the 2 products included with it are tiny, they are straightening & shin serums but with thick hair like mine they don't go far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Jezzrbelle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had my MaxiGlide (bought at BedBath and Beyond) for about 4 years now, and I love it to pieces. It gets my hair super straight and not frizzy *every time*, and imo works better than the Chi (for half the price too). The only problem is now it seems to be on the way out.. the blue light that blinks to tell you its heated up never stops blinking, and the iron never finishes getting hot, so its time for a new one. I kinda wish this lasted a bit longer, but I guess I can't complain about having a great styling tool that worked fabulously for 4 years. Nothing lasts forever :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by bkdean

I have loved this since I got it two years ago, but now it is giving me problems. Probably because I use it so much, I have worn it out, but it does a great job of straightening my frizzy hair. I love the straightening pins because I am always looking for shortcuts and this helps me not to have to comb through it a lot before I straighten. The one I have is now only heating up on the pins side and not on the smooth side, but I am still using it until I can get something new, it just takes longer and doesn't get as straight as it used to. I am going to try the Sedu next just because it's on sale and the reviews are so good, but if it is not good I will definitely return to Maxiglide. When I first used it I got so many people commenting on how great my hair looked; people think you have perfect hair when you use this when I definitely do not have perfect hair!!! It's a good flat iron for the price, I paid $64 for mine at Bed Bath & Beyond but they don't carry it anymore; you can still get it at Linens N Things for the same price ($80 minus 20% with the coupon). My husband went looking for one for me for Christmas and he went to Sally's and the salesperson said she has one and loves it, but they don't sell them there.

EDIT: I got the Sedu and it is nowhere near as good as my MaxiGlide was! The Sedu is definitely more compact and would be good to take on trips, it does straighten but takes longer and doesn't look as natural. I WILL be getting another MaxiGlide asap!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by moxie_star

The Maxius MAXIglide Hair Straightener is my top MUST-HAVE hair styling tool. The name could use a revamp as it sounds like you are refering to a feminine product, but please do not let the name throw you off! My hair type is naturally curly, thick, dry, and I have a lot of it. The catch to this all is that I adore the straight messy short styles and this product helps me achieve the look I want in half the time it does with your high priced flat irons. I cannot recall the 10 previous salon brands I've had in the past since this is my HG for styling tools - I guess I don't care to remember what I used to have, HA! I have had my MAXIglide for more than two years now and the "one-up" that this tool has than the other fancy priced flat irons I've owned in the past (very depressing to recall how much money I've actually invested in the hair straightening tool industry, up until this one), is that it has a built in combing system throughout the ceramic plate so you don't have to further damage your hair as you only need to make one pass to straighten it. I love this product and cannot live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mindyair1

See my review and others under "maxiglide"..the full name is actually "maxiglide by maximus"

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2005 1:34:00 AM More reviews by rayzielase

its heavy and for some reason it doesnt straiten my hair like id like, I was actually disulosuioned with this product so im selling it on craigslist. Im sticking to my old ceramic Hair iron.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

OK, I didn't need another flat iron, but the infomercial really sucked me in! I like the fact that I don't have to blow dry my hair first, saving me a step. This styling tool is kind of clumsy and big compared to my 1.5" CHI and Sedu's, but it straightens a large section of hair at once. I can finish my hair in 5 minutes w/this! I also like the steam burst technology and the detangling pins which comb the hair straight as you move down the hair. I was finding that it was not gliding down my hair easily, then I learned that you don't need to squeeze hard at all. I took this on a weekend trip and it cut my styling time in half. I'll still use my other irons, but this will come into play for traveling and when I'm lazy and don't want to blow my hair out first.